GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Those posters are cool KK. Who was that artist again?

Petri Hiltunen

Oh you think Hiltunen is answer to everything BB! Life is more complicated than that!

Has nobody thought of making a LEGO version of the map?

And a mechanized LEGO version of the main titles?

Petri Hiltunen

Games of LEGOS. Oh God. When will people realize that the plural of LEGO is LEGO! :stick:

As Petri once said: "Elämä on vain monimutkainen, jos päätät tehdä sen niin"

DSCN5922.jpg

Loving his shirt, by the way.

Besides drawing cool fantasy themed comics he has also drawn one of my favourite comic strips of all time, Väinämöisen Paluu (The Return of Väinämöinen) where the main character is the great hero of Finnish mythology, the wizard hero Väinämöinen, who returns to Finland after 1000 years and is faced with the modern world in all its goofy splendour. Excellent satire on the modern life and phenomena and Väinämöinen has a serious culture shock and slowly adjusts to this newfangled age of ours.

Thank heavens for Google. Otherwise you would have been obligated to explain that obscure Land Before Time reference.

Robert M. Ball

He has a knack for quite striking images that capture several plot elements at once in often surprising and inventive ways. Really wonderful stuff. :)

Has nobody thought of making a LEGO version of the map?

And a mechanized LEGO version of the main titles?

That's so cool!

Thanks for finding it!

The show will cover Winds of Winter material before the book comes out. The show will definitely finish before the books. I'm ok with that.

So the last update she received was in February 2013...

And only 168 pages worth of it - a tiny fraction given that Martin has indicated that The Winds of Winter will be another large book, which probably means around a thousand pages. On the plus side, she did mention that that was in return for a contracted payment (I wonder, by the way, why she revealed that particular detail) so it could be that Martin just sent the minimum amount of material required rather than everything he had written.

She also hinted that an eight book plan isn't out of the question now.

Game of Thrones 4x07 Mockingbird

Another fine episode, with some nice advancements in many stories

Jon Snow - OK not much happened here. He thinks the tunnel should be blocked, the guys in charge think not. I think we know who will be shown to be the wiser one!

Melisandre and Stannis' wife - Kind of an odd scene, the only thing you really learn is that Melisandre wants Stannis' daughter to go with them to... wherever they are going. The wall, finally, maybe?

Arya and The Hound - I love all their adventures so far this season! The Hound getting surprise-attack-bitten was unusual, he always has the upper hand! Too bad he's so scared of fire he won't even let Arya cauterize his wound! Eep! At least she cleaned it.... that will help.... right? *gulp*

Brienne and Podrick - Hot Pie returns! He's a really nice minor character, I enjoyed his scenes. And I don't care how it turned out, it WAS dumb for Brienne to go blabbing to anyone about their mission! At least they found out Arya is alive... I wonder what will happen when they get to the Eyre?

Danaerys and Daario - Wow, she finally fucks Daario and we don't see it at all? That's some restraint on HBO's part! I wonder if she'll be preggers from him now too. Kinda lame she pussed out on having Daario take back Yunkai with force and will try diplomacy instead... and sending that guy who wined about his dead dad last week to join Daario? OK, I guess it all makes more sense to book readers.

Tyrion with Jaime and Bronn - All the Jamie / Tyrion scenes have been so great all season. Glad Jaime admitted he's no good with a sword now despite training. The scene with Bronna and Tyrion was a little heartbreaking, yet at the same time both characters are completely reasonable in their entire lines of thinking and you can't fault either for their decisions. So surprise that it turns out the fight will be between Oberyn and The Mountain.

The Mountain - I guess he looks cool, but that intro scene was completely poorly written from beginning to end.

Sansa, Robin, Lysa, and Petyr - Wow! Wonderful sequence of scenes to end the episode. The set where Sansa was building the snow castle was gorgeous, I loved Robin's childish ideas of marrying Sansa and chucking anyone who annoys them out the Moon Door. I can't believe Sansa slapped the bitch! That was such a stupid thing to do - but at least we got to finally see her start to act back up against all the shit she's gone through for 3 seasons! Petyr showing up and explaining how he was in love with Catelyn, etc was something we've known since season 1 (maybe this is where book readers first found out?), but then the detail that he mostly wanted Joffrey dead to avenge her death was an interesting touch.

The kiss was weird. He just got finished explaining how the only women he ever loved was Catelyn, and that he wanted to take of the Vale, etc - so they why kiss his true love's daughter? I have to think that he KNEW Lysa was watching, and that it would infuriate her soon get her near an open moon door, taking out her frustration on Sansa. Anyone else agree? It is kinda of sitcom-ish otherwise that Lysa just HAPPENED to be watching while he macked on Sansa.

Then the ending with Petyr murdering Lysa was cool, but not unexpected. I read online that in the book, instead of saying the only woman he loved was Catelyn, he says it "was Cat", which I think is a way better line, suggesting more intimacy. Pity they changed it.

Psyched for the show to return in 2 days, the week off was noticeable!

By the way, why the heck was the episode entitled "Mockingbird"? I must have missed the reference!

The Mountain - I guess he looks cool, but that intro scene was completely poorly written from beginning to end.

That might be the first time the violence in an episode was more gratuitous and ridiculous then the nudity on GOT.

It's just his sigil. He didn't like his old one so he changed it. That's all. They called the episode "Mockingbird" because the most significant thing that happened related to Littlefinger.