Leonard Rosenman's Star Trek 4 (Complete and Remastered) released by Intrada

Jay

Well, onbe person's view of the performance of any large organization is limited to that one viewpoint.

If I work in a Complaints department, I might think a company may be really crappy, yet objectively, I'm not going to see all of the things that are done right.

99.9% of the time, the post office has been fine by me, reliable and punctual.

But once in a while, somthing will get held up or lost.

It will happen in any sufficiently large organization, simply due to the human factor.

**it happens :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the second time in 8 years I've had a package take this long to arrive. The other time was when I ordered something from Movie Music and it took a couple extra days to get here. I think it was because around that time it was a holiday weekend like last weekend. Otherwise I would have gotten it in the usual 2-3 days when I order from Peter.

The contiunation, or fluxuation thereof, in services, is never guranteed to be constant or steady. The amount of years you've experienced is irrelevant, it's not you handling the package, it's the Post Office.

You think you're miffed now, wait until your regular carried get old and retire and you're at the hand of newbies, and when the Post Office cuts back hours and carriers to avoid financial disaster (more so than now).

Now thing in life is free of bumps. This was a bump.

Now, get over it. :lick:

Unless you'd like to hear some mroe horry stories of what can happen.

OneBuckFilms, you're forgetting each location is not isolated. It's at the mercy of delivery and ability of mail from other locations, like one big ball of fucked-up-ness. Then in the rare instance it happens, every single location is at the mercy of the Congress, which sets the rules (being given the Post Office under the Constitution -- part of why it's BROKEN -- the government is running it into the ground and the USPS can't change things enough to save themselves).

• 1 month later...

I just gave this a listen today. Finally got it yesterday along with The Undiscovered Country. The sound is considerably clearer than the OST! And interesting liner notes, as usual. I never realized Spock had a theme in the score. So has my opinion of the score improved? A little bit, yes.

Also interesting to learn from Rosenman that it is impossible for film composers to develop a style unless they've had concert music training. :rolleyes:

• 11 years later...
On 11/03/2012 at 7:02 PM, Kendal_Ozzel said:

I just gave this a listen today. Finally got it yesterday along with The Undiscovered Country. The sound is considerably clearer than the OST! And interesting liner notes, as usual. I never realized Spock had a theme in the score. So has my opinion of the score improved? A little bit, yes.

Also interesting to learn from Rosenman that it is impossible for film composers to develop a style unless they've had concert music training. :rolleyes:

Not entirely inaccurate.