New version of THE TOWERING INFERNO coming!?!

Jay

If you're going to give one of them a try, I'd make it The Towering Inferno. At the very least, it's the one with the most plausible plot and storyline.

is it bad that I've never seen The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, or Earthquake?

Yes it is! :P

I love The Poseidon Adventure, it's becoming a yearly tradition.

(its plot is on New Year's Eve). I would suggest you give it a try this year.

Gene Hackman has become one of my favourite actors.

The Towering Inferno is also great and impressive but I felt at times it was too long...

its duration is 164 minutes. If it was around 120, 130 at most, I think it would be better.

I haven't seen Earthquake for ages, but I remember it was not so good as the other 2.

Right. I like to point out that Die Hard could have been over in five minutes, but then you don't have a movie. Unless the guy who says to rub your toes in the carpet includes that's with your cell phone off.

is it bad that I've never seen The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, or Earthquake?

I haven't seen them either. Never knew they were really worth watching.

JFC there are whole decades of films worth watching and all you and Jay watch is the new stuff. It would be an insult to call you guys film buffs.

I haven't seen them either. Never knew they were really worth watching.

JFC there are whole decades of films worth watching and all you and Jay watch is the new stuff. It would be an insult to call you guys film buffs.

That's not true at all. I love watching old movies, and watch them more often than recent stuff even. These ones just seemed like B-flicks that I would have a hard time sitting through. It might be as Jay suggested, and that it appeals to those who were able to watch it when it was out, or they may be pretty good. I might give them a shot if I get the chance.

• 4 months later...

I had forgotten about MV's comment about The Towering Inferno, preserved in the main post of this thread. I wonder if he was referring to Rhino's digital re-issue of the LP program, or if a definitive complete release is in the works as well?

I honestly have no clue in the world if a new edition of The Towering Inferno is forthcoming from any specialty label.

Honestly, I would think that since Rhino just re-issued the LP, that likely means they have the exclusive rights, and no other label can work on it.

Which is, of course, bad news for Jaws and E.T., since Geffen just re-issued those LP programs as well.

Then again, if they are the original owners of the LPs (or rather, now own the company that first released them), then maybe it doesn't mean anything, and an expanded release CAN still happen. Eliphino.