RUMOR: Force Awakens OST not releasing until January 2016

Jay

Maybe Williams is sick and hasn't recorded any of it this summer. so that why there's a possible delay

The score has actually been recorded. They might have some pickups to do though.

How do you know?

I know someone who worked during the recordings in LA. Williams was conducting which is awesome as allways!

Did your friend say anything else about the score?

He was very secretive so sadly not:/ He's a player in the orchestra. I'm just so happy that they have recorded the score already! This feels like JW's pet project and I think it'll be spectacular!

If the album gets a "co-conducted" credits, it will have a place in the main Album section of my Wiki disco.

I'm glad that someone explained that to John Williams.

We make the future. :sarcasm:

Maybe Williams is sick and hasn't recorded any of it this summer. so that why there's a possible delay

The score has actually been recorded. They might have some pickups to do though.

How do you know?

I know someone who worked during the recordings in LA. Williams was conducting which is awesome as allways!

He was very secretive so sadly not:/ He's a player in the orchestra. I'm just so happy that they have recorded the score already! This feels like JW's pet project and I think it'll be spectacular!

Why do you say they may have to do some pickups?

How do you know?

Why do you say they may have to do some pickups?

I'm just guessing. The recordings have been finished but you never know if they might need to rerecord some things.

Rumor rebunked by Disney Music's own site. Release date is 18th of December 2015.

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgshop/star-wars-the-force-awakens/

12/18 soundtrack release date. It's the perfect release date if you ask me. I might (probably won't) try and skip the samples and preview tracks to give the movie a "fresh" experience.

Is Disney releasing this?

Yeah, the January release was a little bit harsh. It might be a good idea not to give reviewers advanced copies. I really don't want this leaking before its release.

The soundtrack for such a tent pole movie is usually released near the release date of the film so it benefits from the general publicity buzz. Smaller scores for smaller films are another matter. Of course now that the market is changing who knows what kind of selling strategies they develop to the soundtrack albums.

Is that Horner or Cosman?

That's Horner, of course! This is Jajejo we're talking about, not to be mistaken with Stefanesh!

Stefanesh_zpsr5h2hmaa.jpg

Blasphemy!

Did you want three heads as well?

Rumor rebunked by Disney Music's own site. Release date is 18th of December 2015.

12/18 soundtrack release date. It's the perfect release date if you ask me. I might (probably won't) try and skip the samples and preview tracks to give the movie a "fresh" experience.

Good.

Now let's see how many of these hypocrites who pretended being happy the OST was going to be released after the film will actually wait until after they've seen it to listen to the soundtrack!

That's a shame. I won't even notice the 18th of December go by with this soundtrack in mind, it's close to Christmas. What date is the movie out? Is it also the 18th?

Yeap. It comes out on the 18th of December as well.

Thanks. I'm glad about that because the temptation for me to click a YouTube link of a cue or few would no doubt grow strong as the days went by, but with any luck I might even see the movie on its opening day.

Good.

Now let's see who of these hypocrites who pretended being happy the OST was going to be released after the film will actually wait until after they've seen it to listen to the soundtrack!

Not a single one of them! I won't be seeing it in the cinema (never do these days) so I'll be listening to the score first chance I get.