Does Williams really exist?

Quintus

Or is he a figment of my imagination?

Maybe he's like that Shakespeare conspiracy theory - just a front for a wider group of talented writers. Perhaps Hans Zimmer is really responsible for The Raiders March and Mark Isham wrote Journey to the Island.

I mean, there is no REAL proof that Williams ever wrote an original note in his life!

John Williams wonders why his recent music pales in comparison to great work of Jerry Goldsmith and Howard Shore.

And he's exacting in his tableware: he drinks from only the finest Andy Westphal mugs.

I don't know guys. Believing in someone by faith without actual proof of his existence? That's sounding an awful lot like religion to me. :)

"I refuse to prove I exist," says Williams, "Because proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says JWFan, "Star Wars is a dead giveaway! It proves you exist, and therefore you don't."

"Oh dear," says Williams, "I hadn't thought of that." And he promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

There is an idea of a John Williams, some kind of abstraction. But there is no real John. Only an entity, something illusory.

Or is he a figment of my imagination?

Maybe he's like that Shakespeare conspiracy theory - just a front for a wider group of talented writers. Perhaps Hans Zimmer is really responsible for The Raiders March and Mark Isham wrote Journey to the Island.

I mean, there is no REAL proof that Williams ever wrote an original note in his life!

Dude that's awesome. Hella funny!! LOL

My god....

My Williams

:D Sadly ironically, there is real proof that Zimmer has not written (on paper) a note in his life

Does Williams really exist?

Yes...and no. Now to understand it the way I understood it, hearing it from Williams... that is, from the Zimmer half of Williams mind... you have to go back ten years, to the time when Zimmer murdered Williams. Now he was already dangerously disturbed. He had to erase the crime, at least in his own mind. He stole Williams' corpse. A weighted coffin was buried. He hid the body in the fruit cellar. Even treated it to keep it as well as it would keep. And that still wasn't enough. Williams was there! But he was a corpse. So he began to think and speak for him, give Williams half his time, so to speak. At times he could be both personalities, carry on conversations. At other times, the Williams half took over completely. Now he was never all Zimmer, but he was often only Williams. And because he was so pathologically jealous of Williams, he assumed that Williams was jealous of him. Therefore, if he felt a strong attraction to any other film, the Williams side of him would go wild.

When he met Spielberg's film, he was touched by it... inspired by it. He wanted it. That set off the jealous Williams and Williams wrote the score! Now after the recording sessions, Zimmer returned as if from a deep sleep. And like a dutiful composer, covered up all traces of the score he was convinced Williams had written!

My god....

My Williams

:D:lol: Very true!

Mr. Williams only takes on the form of a human to register in our mortal eyes. He is actually the embodiment of music itself. He is Music in the flesh.

This just might be the most fundamental thread in the history of this board :)

It is like trying to solve the meaning of life itself.

You know, If he was really such a good and loving Williams, then why would he allow such bad things to happen? Like WotW or AotC?

*Just as a side note, I personally don't actually have much of a problem with either score, nor was I intending to start yet another debate about them. I was just going along with this farce of a conversation. :blink:

This just might be the most fundamental thread in the history of this board ROTFLMAO

It is like trying to solve the meaning of life itself.

;)

I have serious doubts that Williams is in fact Mr Creosote. :)

Well I did say he was a stinking old fart. Thankfully Pampers now stock his diaper size.

And they stock it black turtle-neck fashion (I'll let you imagine what the turtle neck is for. Let's just say...papa Williams was very proud.)