What's your favorite Hans Zimmer score from 2013 and why?

Jay

What's your favorite Hans Zimmer score from 2013?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Hans Zimmer score from 2013?

• The Bible (Mini-series)
    • Man Of Steel
    • The Lone Ranger
    • Rush
    • 12 Years A Slave
    • Mr. Morgan's Last Love
    • I did not like any of Zimmer's 2013 output.

And Hans Zimmer thinks this represents the Midwest? Has he ever actually been there? What in whatever the hell this thing is is evocative of -BWOOOOOMMM- I mean Middle -BWOOOOOMMM- America?

It's big and noisy, just like Americans!

Man of Steel - Oh, how I loathe this score. It's just terrible. And then there's this:

“Everything’s tinged with irony and sarcasm and bitterness and darkness these days,” he said. But this Superman is something lighter, he said, “celebrating everything that was good and fine about America,” such as small towns “where people don’t lock their doors, neighbors get together, and families are families.

What was important for Superman was the simple fact that none of us pay much attention to the Midwest,” Zimmer said. “I know America mainly by the big cities, but if you go into the Midwest, there is a people there and there is a country there. And I thought it was important that the decent folk, simple folk be the heart of the story, and a character who is guileless, who isn’t complicated in the sort of flawed way our Dark Knight is, and isn’t political in any way. He’s just striving to become a better part of humanity.”

And Hans Zimmer thinks this represents the Midwest? Has he ever actually been there? What in whatever the hell this thing is is evocative of -BWOOOOOMMM- I mean Middle -BWOOOOOMMM- America?

Looking forward to Sharky fielding this one.

There's nothing to field. Just an idiotic comment.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

I'm not a Zimmer-hater, at least not completely. There have been Zimmer scores I legitimately love. I just can't stand some of his more recent stuff, particularly Man of Steel, although I'll admit that some of that's probably colored by how much I hated the movie.