Is Hans Zimmer's 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' the greatest Spidey score ever?

Hlao-roo

Latest and Greatest?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Spider-Man film score to come out of Hollywood?

• Spider-Man (2002)
    • Spider-Man 2 (2004)
    • Spider-Man 3 (2007)
    • The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
    • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

It was crystal (clear) Pepsi no caramel coloring.

Nah, that'd be Avatar.

I don't see that much Zimmer in it, to be honest.

But what it is, is my favourite Horner score of all time! I adore that from beginning to end.

Avatar is great, but I prefer The Rocketeer, Aliens, Star Trek 2 & 3, and Apollo 13

What is it about The Perfect Storm's score that so many people like? I never clicked with that one. Probably cause I thought the movie sucked.

I think the Perfect Storm is an enjoyable guilty-pleasure score. Repetitive, unoriginal, but fun.

I actually don't think Apollo 13 is repetitive at all. I find that it's the best Horner score on album. Extremely listenable from start to finish.

Coming Home From The Sea is a good cue, as is Rogue Wave. Don't listen to the rest much.

That, and The Fog's Just Lifting and Small Victories are good. Never got into the rest.

The first track has a special meaning to me (musical reasons, not the cinematic context), particularly the final string part. I also love the main theme. (0:30 onwards = bliss)

I'm not sure what my favourite Horner scores would be. He's never been a composer I've really connected with.

Maybe SNEAKERS, THE DRESSER, *BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED, THE NAME OF THE ROSE, LEGENDS OF THE FALL and KRULL. Even that was tough.

What is it about The Perfect Storm's score that so many people like? I never clicked with that one. Probably cause I thought the movie sucked.

I liked the movie in theaters, but I was 10 at the time and I think I only watched it once or twice on DVD afterwards. Who knows what I would think of it now.