RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING MAY 7, 2013
Willard-Web.jpg
WILLARD: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1253
Music by Shirley Walker
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
STARTS SHIPPING MAY 7th
ORDER “WILLARD: LIMITED EDITION” starting May 7th at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com
La-La Land Records and New Line Cinema present the world premiere release of renowned composer Shirley Walker’s (BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, THE FLASH, TURBULENCE) original motion picture score to the 2003 New Line Cinema feature film WILLARD, starring Crispin Glover, R. Lee Ermey, Laura Elena Harring and Kimberly Patton, and directed by Glen Morgan. This brilliant and haunting orchestral horror score is one of Walker’s finest, incorporating a unique, almost Herrmannesque use of accordions. Thematically rich, Walker’s spellbinding music is as thoughtfully heartbreaking as it is atmospheric. Produced by Neil S. Bulk and mastered by James Nelson, this special release of 3000 units features in-depth liner notes by writer John Takis that include comments from the director and others. Note: the song “Ben” as performed by Crispin Glover was not available to license for this release.
TRACK LISTING:
1. Main Title (3:14)
2. Rats in the Basement/Willard Goes Home/Willard at Dad’s Picture (1:14)
3. Willard Checks Traps (:50)
4. Demoted/Mr. Martin (1:36)
5. Gotcha (:50)
6. Socrates/Goodnight Socrates (2:10)
7. Willard’s Hatred Builds (1:10)
8. Big Ben (2:11)
9. Training Montage (1:15)
10. The Tire Mission (1:30)
11. Total Tire Recall/Not the Puppy (4:19)
12. Willard’s Revenge/Follow Ben (2:11)
13. In the Basement, Ben/Where’s Mother? (1:03)
14. Ben, How Could You? (1:10)
15. My Only Friend/House Full of Rats (1:44)
16. Willard Sees Ben/Willard Closes Hole (2:13)
17. Splinters/Willard Gets the Boot/Socrates Gets It (4:06)
18. What Can We Do?/That’s Not a Mouse (4:29)
19. Rats Begone (1:23)
20. Don’t Go into the Bathroom (:47)
21. We Need to Go (1:04)
22. Rats Chase Willard (2:37)
23. Trapped Like a Rat (2:35)
24. Willard’s Demise (:54)
25. He’s Back/Socrates Reprise (1:04)
26. End Credits (2:34)
Total Running Time: 50:13
Bandolero-Web.jpg
BANDOLERO!: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1256
Limited Edition of 2000 Units
Music by Jerry Goldsmith
STARTS SHIPPING MAY 7th
ORDER “BANDOLERO!: LIMITED EDITION” starting May 7th at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com
La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox present the original motion picture score to the 1968 Twentieth Century Fox feature Western BANDOLERO!, starring James Stewart, Dean Martin, Raquel Welch and George Kennedy, and directed by Andrew V. McLaglen. Long out of print, this delightful western score from legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith (RIO LOBO, PATTON, THE OMEN, BASIC INSTINCT) returns to CD sounding better than ever and featuring the Main Title, sans whistle, as a new Bonus Track. Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino and mastered by Matessino, this special release is limited to 2000 units and features exclusive liner notes by writer Julie Kirgo.
TRACK LISTING:
1. The Saloon 1:33
2. Main Title 2:01
3. The Imposter :46
4. Procession to the Gallows 2:58
5. A Bad Day for Hanging/The Kidnap 4:10
6. Across the River 1:04
7. Bad News/He’ll Cross It/The Bait 8:58
8. The Trap 2:28
9. El Jefe :53
10. Ambushed 4:05
11. The Violator 1:18
12. Sabinas 3:06
13. A Bag of Money 1:19
14. Dee’s Proposal 5:34
15. A Better Way 3:46
Total Score Time: 44:28
BONUS TRACKS:
16. Main Title (without whistle)* 2:00
17. Maria’s Theme (demo) 1:58
18. Bandolero! Theme (demo) 1:40
Total Bonus Time: 5:44
THE ORIGINAL ALBUM:
19. Main Title 2:00
20. The Trap 2:27
21. El Jefe :54
22. The Bait 2:14
23. Ambushed 4:00
24. Sabinas 2:54
25. Dee’s Proposal 5:34
26. Across the River 1:04
27. A Bad Day for Hanging 3:04
28. A Better Way 3:39
Total Original Album Time: 28:03
Total CD Time: 78:21
CHALLENGE_Web.jpg
THE CHALLENGE: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1248
Music by Jerry Goldsmith
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
STARTS SHIPPING MAY 7th
ORDER “THE CHALLENGE: LIMITED EDITION” starting May 7th at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com
La-La Land Records and CBS present the remastered release of legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith’s (PATTON, THE OMEN, ALIEN, BASIC INSTINCT) original score to the 1982 motion picture THE CHALLENGE (aka SWORD OF THE NINJA and THE EQUALS), starring Scott Glenn, Toshiro Mifune and Donna Kei Benz, and directed by John Frankenheimer. This release marks the premiere presentation of the film version of the score. Mr. Goldsmith’s modern-day samurai action/drama was scored during what was arguably one of the greatest, most diverse moments of his career (other films he scored that were released in ’82 were FIRST BLOOD, POLTERGEIST, SECRET OF NIHM and INCHON). The composer’s work here is complex action scoring at its finest. Produced by MV Gerhard and remastered by James Nelson, this release features spectacular sound and includes the film version of the finale, (Two alternate takes of the finale are included here as bonus tracks, as is the alternate mix of “The Wrong Sword,” featuring the prominent mixing bowls). The CD booklet features all-new liner notes by film music writer Jeff Bond, who marks his 50th Goldsmith writing project with this release! This is a Limited Edition of 3000 Units.
If you have already purchased La-La Land’s THE CHALLENGE from us previously at www.lalalandrecords.com, the repressing will automatically be sent to you. You do not have to contact us regarding it. If you purchased this La-La Land title previously from another retailer, contact them and it will be sent to you.
TRACK LISTING:
1. Main Title (4:56)
2. The Wrong Sword (3:52)
3. Over The Top / Fish Market (5:19)
4. Half An Equal (2:55)
5. Lonely Road (1:57)
6. “Let’s Talk” (2:14)
7. Interlude (1:00)
8. “Can’t We Do It?” (5:13)
9. The Pit (4:48)
10. Double Cross / Bamboo Forest (6:18)
11. The Traitor (3:28)
12. “Stay With Me” (4:25)
13. “I Will Go” (1:21)
14. Surprise Visitor / Forced Entry (2:09)
15. No Defense (4:08)
16. “As You Wish” / End Title (5:50)
BONUS TRACKS
17. The Wrong Sword (Alternate Take) (3:52)
18. “As You Wish” / End Title (Alternate Edit 1) (5:49)
19. “As You Wish” / End Title (Alternate Edit 2) (5:49)
Total Time: (76:11)
JACK REACHER SPECIAL! To celebrate the release of JACK REACHER on blu-ray and dvd, we are offering Joe Kraemer’s thrilling score at a sale price of $12.98 each. Sale price good thru 5/27. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com
Friends of La-La Land Records, David C. Fein (who co-exec produced our release of STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE) and David Gerrold (who graciously participated in our launch of the TREK TOS BOX SET), have asked us to share some information on their exciting new Sci-Fi series kickstarter project. We enthusiastically invite you to check it out at www.thestarwolf.com
© 2013 La-La Land Records. All Rights Reserved.

There are no signed copies so it doesn't really matter, but don't forget everyone, LLL has moved their release time back to 12PST like it used to be

Yea I dunno. MV if you are reading this, I volunteer my free time and web programming expertise to add them all to your website :)

• 2 weeks later...

From LLL's email:

THE LA-LA LAND “DADS AND GRADS MEMORIAL DAY

SUMMER SPECTACULAR!” (That oughta cover it!)

Celebrate summer’s kickoff with us
by taking 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER.
Simply enter the coupon code
JWROCKS
at checkout and you’ll save 20% off of your entire order. We won’t be having another site-wide, across-the-board offer like this for a long time, so act now and save big! Sale starts at 12pm (PST) on 5/21 and runs until 11:50am (PST) on 6/4. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Rosewood is the only new title today, and the sale ends just before their next release date (June 4th at noon).

I don't suppose they're about to release anything else while this deal lasts? Problem is, I already have nearly everything by them I'm interested in.

Yeah, me too.

So is it 12 PST or 13 PST today (or tonight for me)?

Karol

The Edge is my favorite Goldsmith alongside Under Fire, I'm well familiar with it. I've had the expanded set since it was released (brother bought it) but I wanted to snag my own copy before it was gone.

I have never heard anything from First Knight so I'm looking forward to it.

Hello kiddies,

Today would be the day we announce what we have in store for y'all next Tuesday, June 4. Sadly, the answer is nothing. :(

We have about a dozen projects held up in the artwork approval process and only 1 was recently approved. That title (CHARMED) will be out on June 18. Another title (or two) "could" join Charmed on that day...your guess is as good as mine.

(PLEASE NOTE: Depending on product, we will most likely be releasing on July 2 (originally slated to be taken off) since we are now taking June 4 off).

In the meantime, take advantage of our awesome 20% off sale. It expires in one week, JUNE 4 at 11:50 am pst. Jump on it now before it's too late. Remember, you need to type in the code JWROCKS to get the discount.

Also, you have some great titles from Intrada, BSX, Kritzerland, Quartet and many many other companies to snatch up in the meantime (grab maestro John William's HEIDI if you already haven't).

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10151716454303755

Man that sucks those projects are held up because of artwork approval. I think it's the first time they won't have a release on the usual Tuesday.

Definitely not the first time at all, they've never had 26 releases in a year, they usually have between 19 and 21

They used to always take a week of for Comic Con, for example, and Black Friday is always their last batch of the year (until the random surprise of Jack Reacher last year)

Can you imagine being MV and having TWELVE CDs FULLY finished on your end, only waiting for someone at a studio to glance at it and make a signature? It's gotta be so frustrating!

Can you imagine being MV and having TWELVE CDs FULLY finished on your end, only waiting for someone at a studio to glance at it and make a signature? It's gotta be so frustrating!

Indeed. I'd be rolling some heads if I were MV.

Exactly. They've paid for these and can't receive any revenue yet.

They could be like Varese and accept pre order money for things that haven't been approved yet, but I'm glad they don't.

Funny I just received Rosewood, Bandolero, Dutch, Smallville, Shane and Die Hard 3 today, which I ordered a few days after ordering Star Trek: TOS, which I haven't received yet.

Hope it's not lost in the mail...

Exactly. They've paid for these and can't receive any revenue yet.

They could be like Varese and accept pre order money for things that haven't been approved yet, but I'm glad they don't.

Aren't you referring to Perseverance doing that?

So this is where it all ends... artwork approval.

Hey everyone don't forget - only 25 hours left for La-La Land's awesome JWROCKS sale!!!!

From LLL's email:

THE LA-LA LAND “DADS AND GRADS MEMORIAL DAY

SUMMER SPECTACULAR!” (That oughta cover it!)

Celebrate summer’s kickoff with us
by taking 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER.
Simply enter the coupon code
JWROCKS
at checkout and you’ll save 20% off of your entire order. We won’t be having another site-wide, across-the-board offer like this for a long time, so act now and save big! Sale starts at 12pm (PST) on 5/21 and runs until 11:50am (PST) on 6/4. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Well I've got Rosewood, Speed and X-Men 2 winging their way to me. For the former, I'm on blind faith that there's enough good material* for at least a 45 minute set.

* I don't care if it's John Williams. It could suck.