CINEMA SERENADE-Stereo SACD in Jan, 2016

Amer

John Williams Sony Classical hit album compilation with Itzhak Perlman coming out on SACD format next year on Jan 15th, 2016.. Available via Amazon.com.This is a Hyrbrid Stereo mix DSD-SACD. Its an import.

Itzhak Perlman is regarded as one of the pre-eminent violinists of the 20th century. He has earned an impressive list of awards including five Grammy awards and a tribute at the 2003 Kennedy Center Honors. The collection titled Cinema Serenade contains an impressive list of selections from various films the violinist has performed from The Color Purple's Main Title, to Yentl's 'Papa, Can You Hear Me?' to the theme from Schindler's List and Tango (Por Una Cabeza) from Scent of a Woman. Released on Sony's Stereo SACD format this album has outstanding Sound Quality! This Hybrid SACD is playable on ALL CD Players!

Features:
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Numbered, Limited Edition
• Import

Musicians:
Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Itzhak Perlman

Selections:
1. The Color Purple: Main Title
2. Scent of A Woman: Tango (Por una Cabeza)
3. Yentl: Papa, Can You Hear Me?
4. Il Postino: Theme
5. The Age of Innocence: Theme
6. Far and Away: Theme
7. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg: I Will Wait For You
8. Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse: Theme
9. Sabrina: Theme
10. Out of Africa: Main Title
11. Black Orpheus: Manha de Carnaval
12. Schindler's List: Theme
13. Cinema Paradiso: Love Theme

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012MDZDB8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

71o-%2Bx0c6tL._SL1100_.jpg

71O84xkQjhL._SL1217_.jpg

• 8 months later...

I somehow was not aware of this album before today.  I have to admit it's pretty funny to have John Williams conducting a piece from (at the time) the only Spielberg film not to feature a Williams score.

It's a terrific album and it's great to hear John Williams' arrangements of many of these works.

I also recommend Cinema Serenade 2 which was recorded with the Boston Symphony Orchestra and features the Golden Age scores. Lovely arrangements on that one too.