The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Latest titles going Out Of Print (on February 9th)

Hugo Friedhofer - Die Sister, Die

Laurence Rosenthal - Meteor

Clues for next week's titles

4 of 4 and 2 of...7 is it now?

Rambo II would be great. Especially if they include the unused end credits.

You would buy this thing again just for a 3 minute end title? Would be my 3rd buy, i'll pass.

I'd buy it a second time for significantly improved sound. It is, after all, the greatest action score of all time.

Agreed!

Rambo II would be great. Especially if they include the unused end credits.

You would buy this thing again just for a 3 minute end title? Would be my 3rd buy, i'll pass.

I'd buy it a second time for significantly improved sound. It is, after all, the greatest action score of all time.

All tracks added with more "fart" synth overlays?

Yes.

Clearly its Crystal Skull and Empire Strikes Back :P

Attack of the Clones!

I'd rather see that than yet another release of ESB. The 1997 album for ESB is perfectly fine. Anyway, I doubt that either of them are JW scores...

Some updates from Doug

1/4/2015

Out with the old and in with the new! But not before thanking everyone who supported our company throughout 2014. Because of you, we had a fantastic year! Looking ahead, it's going to be busier and more ambitious than ever before. And we've managed a lot of ambitious things over the last 29 years. From our solo start with MGM and Basil Poledouris' score for Red Dawn in 1985 through our unabashed pride in working with Disney onThe Avengers in 2012, Thor: The Dark World in 2013 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier this last summer, it's been one incredible journey.

Yep! It's going to be our 30th Anniversary this year. And we're looking forward to some exciting things happening in the months ahead! If you enjoy film and TV music, we're your huckleberries!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6543

1/29/2015

It'll be different than last year. Yep. Today starteth the beginning of Jeff's annual two-week cruise, but this year we herewith adhere to our typical release pattern. This means two new releases go on sale this coming Tuesday like normal, even with Jeff away at sea... and it also means this year our MVP will be Regina, doing double duty, temporarily filling in for Jeff as our Sales Manager - as well as tackling her regular work load as ye olde (ok, ye young) Production Supervisor for our label. And lots of things are going on in production right now. Good luck, Regina! Wish I could be of more assistance but I'll be doing my own double duty: editing and mastering our regular every-two-week pipeline releases - and - accommodating a newly ramped-up Disney production schedule with our friends down there at the "mouse house". And they be busy mice down there lately, too. (Put mice together with hamsters and you can bet your bottom dollar there's gonna be lots of activity!) Anyway, not just one but two new Disney/Intrada co-brands are coming out over the next four weeks plus another greatly-expanded 2-CD set from one of their nineties properties. And if that's not enough Disney for the next few weeks, yet another score from their earlier seventies catalog is about to arrive, too. Oh, and all of that happens alongside our regular flow of titles from other studios, which in fact this coming month includes a really cool pair from Universal's vaults. Somewhere in there it'll be my turn to take two weeks off. Or not. Either way, once again, thank you all for keeping things hopping around here.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6544

2 new Disney / Intrada co-brands!

I suspect the first is TInkerbell 2, coming this Monday night. I wonder what the second could be? The Disney-label Cinderella OST (Patrick DOyle) hasn't been removed from Amazon or anything, so I doubt it's that. Could it be another catalog release, finally?

The Disney-owned 90s property sounds like Jerry Goldsmith's The Ghost and The Darkness!

What could the Disney early 70s score be?

I think Doug would have said "Disney film" instead of "Disney property". The Ghost And The Darkness was on Hollywood Records, like Powder and Deep Rising

Also, Roger posted a year or two ago that he wanted to do a complete Rocketeer release, but James Horner asked them not to, so we may never get that until after JH has passed.

Just had a thought!

What if the next Disney / Intrada co-brand is a physical release of Giacchino's Toy Story Of Terror! and Toy Story That Time Forgot?

While Roger used to reveal clues for next week's titles on the Monday of the previous week, he now releases the cues on the Thursday before. So, we'll get new clues 2 days from now.

Does anybody on this board have any opinions on Meteor Man?

It's a fun score, chock-full of temp track love. If you can look past countless takes on the Ben Kenobi's Death/TIE Fighter Attack bridge and related material, there's plenty to like in it.

• 3 weeks later...

So, now with the release of Duel, The Sugarland Express seems to be the only Spielberg theatrical film without a soundtrack release!!

(and it will remain that way as it seems)

So, now with the release of Duel, The Sugarland Express seems to be the only Spielberg theatrical film without a soundtrack release!!

(and it will remain that way as it seems)

At least maybe until Williams passes.

• 2 weeks later...

Intrada's new March titles are:

Warlock (Expanded) by Jerry Goldsmith

Tracklist

01. The Sentence (4:12)

02. Ill Wind (2:11)

03. Time Warp* (1:33)

04. The Ring (2:32)

05. Like A Father* (2:06)

06. The Trance** (6:19)

07. Old Age (4:14)

08. The Rope* (0:51)

09. Growing Pains (5:48)

10. He Was Here* (2:57)

11. The Weather Vane (5:09)

12. Nails (4:32)

13. The Terminal* (1:28)

14. A Witch Among Us* (4:13)

15. The Uninvited (5:01)

16. The Headstone* (2:39)

17. Salt Water Attack (8:52)

18. The Salt Flats (7:25)

* previously unreleased

** contains previously unreleased material

Fully restored, complete Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack from Steve Miner satanic horror film with Julian Sands, Lori Singer, Richard E. Grant gets world premiere release on CD! When Goldsmith first prepared his 1989 album for Intrada, he omitted numerous cues, dropped several electronic ideas and deleted sweetener tracks. Resulting original stereo mixes were all that existed for some 25 years. Now, at long last, newly located 2" masters allow restoration of the entire score with all electronics and sweeteners intact plus many previously unreleased cues! Warlock holds a very important place in the composer's repertoire: Coming literally at the end of the eighties, Goldsmith bids farewell to his legendary busy action vernacular while simultaneously looking forward to his streamlined nineties work. Meld of two styles is terrific! Lean main theme in minor key trades with aggressive action spotlighting propulsive low brass figures, swirling woodwinds, slicing strings. Epic highlights: lengthy final showdown ("Salt Water Attack") with dynamic action writing, heartfelt parting sequence ("The Salt Flats") with rich variant of main theme, moving chordal passages. Vibrant new mixes made by Bruce Botnick & Mike Matessino, entire production supervised by Nick Redman, informative liner notes by Jeff Bond. Flipper artwork designed by Joe Sikoryak lets you choose your booklet cover preference. Score recorded in Australia during August 1988. Jerry Goldsmith conducts Victorian Philharmonic Orchestra. Intrada Special Collection CD available while quantities and interest remain!

and

Going Ape by Elmer Bernstein

01. Circus—Love Max (2:38)

02. Meet the Apes (2:11)

03. It Ain’t Who’s Right, It’s What’s Right (2:16)

04. Conspirators (2:08)

05. Suddenly (4:05)

06. Duck Soup (3:32)

07. Grim Brother Grimm (3:40)

08. Cyrano (1:32)

09. Bittersweet (2:31)

10. Gurney—Zelda (1:57)

11. Gas (2:38)

12. Kidnap—Escape (1:54)

13. Chase Is On (6:59)

14. To Hospital (2:38)

15. End Shot (2:19)

16. Rescue (2:42)

17. One Way Street (2:12)

Total Score Time: 48:24

The Extras

18. Circus (1:11)

19. From Beyond (0:53)

20. Meet the Apes (1:49)

21. It Ain’t Who’s Right, It’s What’s Right (instrumental) (2:16)

22. Chicken Soup? (1:12)

23. Grim Brother Grimm (alternate vocal) (3:39)

24. Meet the Apes (1:16)

25. Bittersweet (instrumental) (2:45)

26. Love Theme From The Godfather (Nino Rota) (2:40)

27. To Hospital (1:30)

28. One Way Street (instrumental) (1:41)

29. It Ain’t Who’s Right, It’s What’s Right (short version) (1:11)

30. Grim Brother Grimm (alternate vocal, short version) (2:30)

31. Love Theme From The Godfather (accordion) (Nino Rota) (2:40)

32. One Way Street (short version) (0:30)

Total Extras Time: 28:08

First-ever release of rowdy, playful Elmer Bernstein soundtrack to Jeremy Joe Kronsberg picture with Tony Danza, Danny DeVito, Jessica Walter... plus Bobby Berousek's Orang-utans. Every composer does something just for fun; this was Bernstein's foray. Kronsberg had ample experience with orange-furred simians, having featured one in his scripts for Clint Eastwood's highly successful Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can brawler comedies. This time Kronsberg had three to work with! Circus, zoo backgrounds inspired Bernstein to fashion comic score with one foot in circus locale, other foot in zany jazz-come-rock territory. Bouncing, energetic main theme anchors while pulsating songs, vibrant instrumentals get spotlight. Bernstein even finds time to write in his trademark vernacular with moments both gentle, rousing. However, comedy stays name of the game. Score presented in dynamic stereo from 2" 24-track masters stored in pristine condition in Paramount vaults. Project supervised by Lukas Kendall, liner notes by Jeff Bond. Intrada Special Collection CD available while quantities and interest remain!

• 2 weeks later...

Could Earthquake be coming from Intrada??

Another pair from the 70s! One is an LP reissue that we thought we be difficult to do, but then we found the 8-track album master and were able present in much better sound. Plus because we had the multitrack we are able to present two tracks that had sound effects without the effects as bonus tracks. But wait, there's more...then we present the unreleased tracks from the mono stems as a final bonus.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6624

Main title and Medley are the 2 music tracks from Earthquake that contain SFX.

Although the LP reissue mention doesn't fit very much.

I mean, why not say cd re-issue? (which of course itself was an LP reissue)

LP reissue as in bypassing the Varése re-release that is also a LP reissue. Though EARTHQUAKE will be bough again by me only for this one gem of gems, 'Something for Rosa'.

Well if it is re-release of Earthquake it will naturally be a surefire buy for me. :)

Clews for next week's titles

The first up comes from the mid-2000s. An exciting score to a effective thriller composed by one of the most prolific composers working today. It's one of the ones that got away.
The second has some interesting history. This late 70s film had a soundtrack album planned. It was even assembled and some copies pressed. These were packed in a white sleeve and given away as a promotion at some event, perhaps the premiere. I wasn't there, so I'm going off memory. But in any event, the album was never further commercially pressed. Now it makes its premiere on CD. We were not able to include the vocals that were on the LP master, but the composer had nothing to do with them, so this better showcases his score. Strange film, but top notch score by the composer. Oh and the cover art -- not so much to work with, so don't let it put you off!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6635