The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

6 minutes ago, publicist said:

It's Roger Rabbit (unlikely, with the description), Mighty Joe Young (fits the Disney/action clue best) or Mulan.

Doug would not describe any of those as an "Action Packed Masterpiece" I don't think.  Certainly no one would describe Roger Rabbit that way.  None of those 3 would need 3 discs.  

Mulan will come out on Disney's Legacy collection and not Intrada themselves I'm fairly certain.

I think "from the Disney vaults' is something he'd only say for stuff older than the 90s, probably older than the 80s.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I think "from the Disney vaults' is something he'd only say for stuff older than the 90s.

There really are no Disney scores - not long released - from that time that classify. I say 90's.

Hmmm, true. 

Willow seems the most likely to me, even though Disney had nothing to do with it at the time, and it doesn't' seem like including the OST on disc 3 would be necessary at all, or that there are a bunch of alternates recorded. 

I dunno, I'm stumped.

26 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Oh, I always thought that was Disney. And Sharky made the mistake first! (how many damn versions are there?)

Jurrasic Shark is not Sharky....

Three Musketeers (really mediocre Kamen), Jungle Book (Poledouris, better)...3 CDs...doubtful. Though i don't know if any of those or others mentioned maybe had a score rejected, making the 3 disc scenario possible.

Most older Disney films ran around 90 to 100 minutes, I can’t recall one that was really long. But then again, if the movie had a rejected score or underwent massive changes, or perhaps there has already been an album release that will included, who knows.

HISTK complete score fits on one disc with room to spare, and that score also never got an OST.  The first Intrada edition was the premiere of the score on CD.

Roger just poked his head into the FSM thread about this title with an offer:

I'm not sure what more I could add at this point which wouldn't be overly generous...so I'll answer one question. But it can't be who the composer is, the year, or the title of the film. As I suspect there will be multiple questions, I will either answer the first one I see or review the questions and decide which to answer that will make you work a littler hard. We'll just see...

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=124551&forumID=1&archive=0

So, post your questions for him there and he might answer one!

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

They already did that anyway. Although they do have reason to do a reissue, as Horner left off a couple of cues (for no reason I can see).

They didn't "already do that", they released an incomplete album of some of the score, arranged by Horner, likely the OST he would have done at the time of the film's release were he able to.

Someday they'll surely re-do it, this time as a complete score.  But it would be 1 disc with just the complete score, no need to throw in that first Intrada cutdown on a second disc.

Just now, El Jefe said:

Makes it sound like it’s something most people might guess right away.

Yea... so why can't we?

An FSMer just had a good idea, maybe its Roger Rabbit, and it takes 3 CDs because the 3rd disc will be the scores to the various Roger Rabbit shorts that came out after the film.

Then again, I think even those are short enough they'd fit at the end of the 2nd disc of Silvestri's film score.  That score had a bunch of alternates recorded, but its still not THAT long.

(The boot I have is 1 hour, 50 minutes)

Out of every score anyone's mentioned, I think only Willow, Mulan, and maybe Mighty Joe Young could be called an "Action Packed Masterpiece" by Doug.  Maybe Poledouris' Jungle Book, too - I've never seen that film or heard that score, don't know anything about it.

Poledouris wrote a good score but I wouldn’t call it an action packed masterpiece.

But if goes the Zimmer route, I wouldn’t call any of his potential titles as action packed masterpieces either, but then I don’t know how Doug Fake or Roger Feigelson view Zimmer’s work.

5 minutes ago, Bryant Burnette said:

The only thing I can think of is The Black Hole.

That was released as recent as 2011...

2 minutes ago, Bryant Burnette said:

Disney doesn't own Fox yet, do they?

Not sure when they were going to take over and I'm too tired to google it...

Why not? Fits the clues better than anything else except maaaybe Roger Rabbit. Two discs for the complete score (definitely action-packed) and then a third disc for the original album -- unnecessary IMO but probably contractually obligated since it is now owned by UMG (past UMG perpetuity albums were required to be included on their own separate disc). Not a Disney film but "from the vaults" fits since it would be in their vaults now.

Yavar

It will be Mulan. Disney has recognized that it belongs more to Intrada's Goldsmith releases than to Disney's Legacy Collection.

Disc 1 will feature the complete orchestral score, disc 2 the complete score with the songs integrated and disc 3 the OST. The alternates will be spread over one or two of those CDs.

3 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Disc 1 will feature the complete orchestral score, disc 2 the complete score with the songs integrated

I can't see any reason why they'd do that

I just can't see Mulan needing 3 discs.  I think Mulan will either be a 1 or 2disc Intrada release with JUST Jerry's work, OR a lavish Disney Legacy Collection if all the pop songs are gonna be included... I dunno.

At this point with Doug and Roger both purposely being more secretive than usual, it does seem like its something bigger than usual, so maybe it is Mulan, Eliphino.

I doubt it’s Mulan, unless they preserve the original album release. The entire score, songs plus alternates would only need 2 discs.