The Quick Question Thread

rpvee

2 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

CD player's having a weird issue lately...reading some discs, won't play others. Has nothing to do with discs being scratched or some being official while others are CD-R's, it's all bizarrely inconsistent. It wouldn't play Rio but played Rio 2 without any problems, even though both discs are in perfect condition.

Any ideas? I bought a lens cleaner, hoping that helps. 

The same thing happened to me, last year. My Blu player started to refuse anything to do with Warner Bros. It hated Madonna, wouldn't go near Joni, and refused to play Eric. What it did to THE HOBBIT, I won't say.

Kasey, Walkmans (Walkmen?) are cheap. Best to cut your losses, and buy another. 

I've heard this thrown around lately and I just gotta ask: does a cinema ticket truly cost 20-25$? Does that include a 3 hour supply of noisy food, 3D and other bullshit?

Here, according to my experience in the last few years, a plain old 2D original language (with Hun subtitles) blockbuster with no food included, and with my 20% student discount, ranges from 3.5-6€ in our largest cinema chain (which is sadly the only option in our city).

Where I live, a premiere IMAX 3D adult ticket, with no concessions, can cost up to £20 (approximately $34). The food and drink is just too expensive to even look at. I just make some cheese sarnies, and smuggle them in, with a 1L bottle of Irn Bru. Sorted :)

I've been considering the idea of making a compilation CD of a little bit of music from all the Star Wars trilogies, selecting highlights or character themes. What would ya'll suggest?

Besides Main Titles, Binary Sunset, Cantina Band, Imperial March, Rey's theme, Duel of the Fates and Across the Stars.

Battle of the Heroes

The Rebellion is Reborn

The March of the Resistance

Kylo Ren Arrives at Battle

Princess Leia's Theme

Lando's Palace?

Yoda's Theme

Here They Come

@kaseykockroach

Hello all!

So I figured out that my copies of the SW movies have the complete OST on each of the discs. These files are not on a CD though, but video disc, and I was wondering if there was any way to rip them and make them .mp3's. It'd save me a lot of money and I would be able to listen to them on devices other than a video player, which is just annoying to have to do. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

Why does Superman fly Lex and Otis straight to prison? Shouldn't he have taken them to a police station?

The question is: why does Supes fall for a bit of skirt, just because she kissed him...and the proceeds to bust Luthor out of jail?

4 hours ago, Holko said:

Try plugging it into the mains, that usually helps ;) 

@kaseykockroach

Er, yes...all joking aside, have you read the "troubleshooting" section of the manual? Have you contacted the manufacturer's helpline? 

Ps, discs don't "work", they "play".

2 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I did. I bought a laser cleaner, still won't work. 

I'm stuck with two walkmans that don't work, the CD player in my car broke last year...

I hate music.

You know what you gotta do:

Buy a new car!

:P

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Good. I find laptops without DVD/bluray slot annoying.

They make laptops unnecessarily thick and bulky. I only use them for ripping CDs so I’m happy to use a SuperDrive 

I don't even have a CD player outside the one I hook to my laptop (well, there's one in my car I use maybe twice a year).  CDs are purely a physical souvenir of scores I've bought and a method of transferring digital files to my storage drives :)  And of course they're also a physical backup of scores I've bought as well.

I much prefer playing scores in the car, but if I must hear Solo and Fallen Kingdom on my laptop, so be it. I've still got a roof over my head, food and water and a dog and kitty. I'll be alright.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

I don't even have a CD player outside the one I hook to my laptop (well, there's one in my car I use maybe twice a year).  CDs are purely a physical souvenir of scores I've bought and a method of transferring digital files to my storage drives :)  And of course they're also a physical backup of scores I've bought as well.

Physical backup and the liner notes are cool too (sometimes)