Get John Williams a star on the Walk of Fame!

altosax1014

Here is a list of people of power that might not only help the nomination process along, but also might be able to put the money up for the star's installation:

Hollywood Bowl

Hollywood Bowl inducted John Williams into their Hall of Fame in 2000. He performs there every year.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/about/contact-us/contact-send.cfm?name=Press%20Department&email=acrane

Steven Speilberg

Composed the scores to almost all of Mr. Speilberg’s films including the Indiana Jones trilogy, Jaws, and E.T. the Extraterrestrial.

PUBLICIST:

Marvin Levy

DreamWorks SKG

100 Universal City Plaza, Bldg.5121

Universal City, Ca 91608

818-733-9787

George Lucas

Composed the scores for all six of the Star Wars films.

http://letterstogeorge.com/

(put “John Williams” in subject line)

Boston Pops

Acted as conductor for the Boston Pops for twelve years. The Boston Pops were used to record many of his compositions.

Bernadette Horgan

Director of Media Relations

301 Massachusetts Avenue

Boston, MA 02115

Telephone:(617)-638-9285

Email:bhorgan@bso.org

Chris Columbus

John Williams composed the film scores for the first two Harry Potter films as well as Home Alone.

Chris Columbus

William Morris Endeavor Entertainment

9601 Wilshire Blvd.

3rd Floor

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Academy Awards

Composed the music for their awards ceremony. Has been nominated 45 times (most nominations of any one person) and won five Oscars.

http://www.oscars.org/contact/press.html

Walk of Fame Committee

These are the people to make the decision to give him the star.

http://www.walkoffame.com/contact

Academy Awards
Composed the music for their awards ceremony. Has been nominated 45 times (most nominations of any one person) and won five Oscars.

I maybe missing something but John Williams didn't composed the music for the Academy Awards ceremony, he's only a musical director. Jerry Goldsmith was the one who composed the music for the ceremony.

Okay, thank you for the corrections. I simply have a genuine love of this man's music and I have just begun to research the details of his career. Perhaps Wikipedia is a bit outdated on the matter. I understand that it costs money to get him a star, that is why I thought if enough people sent letters to those on the previously provided list, one of them might step up to the cost. It seems to me that Mr. Spielberg (thank you again, hornist) would owe some debt to the man for his contributions to his films.

I don't care if the man gets a star because I'm probably never going to find myself on that street gazing admiringly at his or anybody else's star. It's just a big publicity stunt. I can enjoy his music, but whether he gets that $25,000 piece of sidewalk is immaterial.

Well I;d love him to get a star but what am I supposed to do?

Frankly, I'm disgusted you haven't offered to take out a 25k loan and pay for the thing yourself.

Pfft... call yourself a fan.

Well I;d love him to get a star but what am I supposed to do?

Frankly, I'm disgusted you haven't offered to take out a 25k loan and pay for the thing yourself.

Pfft... call yourself a fan.

To think, he's the Supreme Priestmaster of our Holy Church and a running nominee for Grand Inquisitor...

You should be offering everything you own (including your soul) to our Lord Williams...shame on you KM...

If you look at the list of people I posted, you will see that they are people of money (Spielberg, Columbus, etc...) and have benefited from Williams score work in their films. If enough people were to ask them for their support and involvement, perhaps they would be willing to come up with the money. It seems like a rather small amount when talking about these people. As far as the possibility that Williams doesn't actually want a star, I am sending him a letter inquiring about his consent to be nominated. I'll hopefully know more on that end within the next few weeks. In the meantime, I think that people supporting this should try to send letters to the above listed people asking for their involvement as well.

Why are you participating in a fan club for a person that you don't seem to want to show appreciation for? Also, I'm not asking for money from any of you. I am asking those who have worked with or directly benefited from Mr. Williams to use their money. The star is not just for John Williams, but also for the millions of fans who get a feeling of connection and a slight thrill when they get to stand on the star of a person that has inspired them. Yes a star is commercial, but trying to get one for him is a way for a group of his fans to show their appreciation and gratitude.

$30,000 to make a star is ridiculous anyway. I wonder where that money really goes because I can't believe it costs that much to dig up a square metre of sidewalk and put a piece of <whatever the stars are made of).

As nice as it would be to see one for Williams, I'm with Koray that there are so many better things to use that sort of money for.

Plus, I think it's already suggested - maybe JW doesn't want one? We know of a growing list of things JW just isn't interested in.

I buy his music, and paid $200 last summer to watch him wave his arms while other people made the music. I would never dream of asking people to blow what, for many, is two years' salary on a place for drunks to vomit.

Yes, posts like "sexy beast" and you conversation about Fallout 3 and Assassin's Creed really show your fan status of John Williams.

Of course, John Williams fans aren't allowed to do anything else in their lives but praise the almighty lord and donate their paychecks to give him a shrine on a sidewalk.

Thank you Alexander. Part of being a productive member of a forum is recognizing people's vernacular quirks.

Watched him "wave his arms"? Why are you in a John Williams fan club?

I'm sorry, you've been here five days, so you have a really good idea what's going on.

Alright. Maybe I've gotten off on the wrong foot, here. I'm just at sort of a loss. I thought that people in the John Williams fan club would be more in favor of this effort. Yes, I understand that cancer research is important, but I'll keep donations and talk of that to a different area of my life. I don't really see why I would have to hit that topic in the John Williams fan club forums. I understand different parts of peoples' lives, but I would think they would keep them separate and when they are in here, they have a bit more of an interest in staying on the topic of John Williams or movie scores or even good film.

altosax1014, you got negative feedback from a bunch of members who freely expressed their opinions but don't necessarily represent the majority. I for one support your initiative, as I'm sure many others do even if they aren't participating in this thread.

I'll repost here the link to the news on the main page and the Facebook page:

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=2127

https://www.facebook...5607415?sk=wall

Negative feedback? Alto, don't look at me. I kept my snide opinions out in the open. I don't throw people under the bus until they have at least 500 posts.

Did I mention your name?

Hey, I think theres been a bit of a misunderstanding. I don't think he was intending to offend anyone, nor was he asking anyone to give up his money. He was just asking us to send a few emails and petition for Williams' star. He was just a little surprised that people weren't really up for it which is completely understandable if you ask me. I don't see why everyone keeps bashing him.

Did I mention your name?

No, of course not. But I was providing the heaviest amount of nasty remarks and bashing, as K.K. put it, especially today, because I'm a jerk. I didn't want him and others to think I pursued other avenues as well.

I don't think he was intending to offend anyone, nor was he asking anyone to give up his money. He was just asking us to send a few emails and petition for Williams' star. He was just a little surprised that people weren't really up for it which is completely understandable if you ask me.

Exactly.

I think the fact that Hans Zimmer has a star on HWF shows that main stream composers should strive to achieve this and lets face it JW is the bench mark. There is no question that Spielberg, Lucas etc should simply sort this out, they all donate a great deal to charity and the fee is what they earn in a day. SORT IT!!!! :tmi:

So because Zimmer has one, Williams MUST have one too? Having your name on a piece of cement doesn't mean you're a better composer. The man has 5 Oscars, and the most nominations out of any person to ever work in Hollywood sans Disney. Doesn't he have enough? He is world renowned and engrained in popular culture.

I think I'll try to email some of these groups. No, John Williams does not NEED this star. But he definitely deserves it, and it would definitely be awesome to walk past his star.

And maybe the act of hiring the construction works, material, etc., will stimulate the economy. ;)