Upcoming Films

Quintus

On 6/11/2016 at 7:59 PM, WojinPA said:

They should not include any of the previous actors. For this work to exist at all, it needs to be its own beast. 

I believe the word on the new Battlestar Galactica movie is that it is a) unrelated to the 2000s series, and B) closer to the original series in terms of Cylons, etc

Well, last I knew, there were brothers of Man still fighting to survive beyond the heavens.

Be nice to see the original [Battlestar] Galactica on the screen in full glory rather than redesigned for the Moore series. Even if nothing else is the same. I'm sure it's doomed to fail regardless. Yes, I suppose excluding any of the original cast makes the film it's own entity but somehow like the idea of Richard Hatch as the ill-fated President or Dirk Benedict as some drunk blown to atoms on Caprica and Anne Lockhart in any capacity.

Colonial_Battlestar.jpg

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

The first one was watchable. Who's Kraemer again? 

Joe Kraemer is a film composer who has scored the films The Way Of The Gun, Jack Reacher, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, and the upcoming documentary King Cohen: The Wild World of Filmmaker Larry Cohen.

Kubrick's Barry Lyndon returns to the theatres and, based on the trailer, it's looking very good indeed.

Almost feels like an action movie!

52 minutes ago, Jay said:

(the one Danny Elfman isn't scoring)

What really sucks about this being the first Burton in 22 years Elfman isn't scoring is that it's the coolest looking Burton in like 10 years.

Indeed.

Sad too that the film doesn't open for over 3 months still; Plenty of time for Elfman to score it if he prioritized his projects differently.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

What really sucks about this being the first Burton in 22 years Elfman isn't scoring is that it's the coolest looking Burton in like 10 years.

9 years. Sweeney Todd.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Indeed.

Sad too that the film doesn't open for over 3 months still; Plenty of time for Elfman to score it if he prioritized his projects differently.

The score is being written by Matthew Margeson and one of Elfman's music editors.

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Stefancos said:

Finally some class in this franchise!

That's a really retarded comment.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

New trailer for the new Tim Burton movie (the one Danny Elfman isn't scoring)

A skipper, for sure!

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Paramount wants to reboot The Saint again

Was the Kilmer film good?  I think I saw it, but I don't really remember it.

I'm pretty sure that's the opinion of everyone who saw it.  "oh, right, that movie...."

2 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

I'm pretty sure that's the opinion of everyone who saw it.  "oh, right, that movie...."

Same here. I remember liking it growing up and watching it multiple times. Had it on VHS. 

7 hours ago, Stefancos said:

If memory serves, its not a bad movie at all. Just a very average one. All but forgotten today. Like most of the films Kilmer was in.

I also saw The Saint but don't remember it well, just that Kilmer played his typical smooth self.

Out of all Kilmer's films, may the world never forget his delightful performances in Willow and Tombstone. And the old one where he sings and Omar Sharif gets folded in a car, that was cute. 

Tom Cruise keeps Top Gun from being forgotten. But The Doors, Batman 3, and that lion movie, yeah, they're forgotten. 

Denis Villeneuve's sci-fi movie Story Of Your Life gets new title: Arrival. It's scheduled to open on Nov. 11 2016.

Looking forward to it!

I've read that this one will take a more "optimistic" tone in comparison to Villeneuve's usual work. I wonder what that'll look like.

9 hours ago, WojinPA said:

I also saw The Saint but don't remember it well, just that Kilmer played his typical smooth self.

Out of all Kilmer's films, may the world never forget his delightful performances in Willow and Tombstone. And the old one where he sings and Omar Sharif gets folded in a car, that was cute. 

Tom Cruise keeps Top Gun from being forgotten. But The Doors, Batman 3, and that lion movie, yeah, they're forgotten. 

Kilmer would've been a terrific Alexander, if only Oliver Stone had done that project 10 years earlier. I always found him to be a very charismatic actor, with tremendous screen presence

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Bryan Cranson has been cast in the Power Rangers movie

From Golden Age on TV to infantile modern cinema. Not bad, Cranston.  I guess all actors are whores.

The Shallows is at 95% on Rottentomatoes.com. The consensus is best shark film in 41 years.  It's lean and mean 

9 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

It's already 85%.  The first week attracts the fanboys.

If you dont go in the first week it's often gone in our theatres.

Course we know all about Alex, you don't go in the theatre!

You respond that's some bad hat Joe-y