Upcoming Films

Quintus

Tarantino uses his characters and their dialogue to build his suspense, rather than using a traditional plot device or the environment. He sits them down at a table and has them talk for like 20 minutes, and I'll be on the edge of my seat. That takes tremendous talent.

It takes more talent to have them sit there for 20 minutes and not talk.

Well I never said he was Leone ;)

all the talent in the world wouldn't make a 20 minute scene of people sitting around, talking or not, interesting.

Joe, imagining 20 minutes of poker on espn during their times of desperation.

all the talent in the world wouldn't make a 20 minute scene of people sitting around, talking or not, interesting.

Nope, watch Leone, like Koray said.

Looks like WB is letting Christopher Nolan oversee more of their DC films in development.

This can only be a good thing.

Maybe they will change their mind when they see the new Supes. ;)

BTW, a little reminder, the teaser trailer of Supes will be shown together with the new Batman (in IMAX theaters)

LOL - the latest Hasbro property to be brought to the big screen is TONKA TRUCKS, and Adam Sandler's production company are the ones doing it!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/sandlers-happy-madison-will-make-an-animated-tonka-trucks-movie/

LOL - the latest Hasbro property to be brought to the big screen is TONKA TRUCKS, and Adam Sandler's production company are the ones doing it!

http://www.firstshow...a-trucks-movie/

Well...you've got to give them credit, I knew studios could be stupid, but didn't think could hit that low....

ROTFLMAO

oh come on it's going to be an animated feature for kids. quit overreacting.

Yes.

El cosmonauta

Gravity – Alfonso Cuarón

Snow Piercer – Bong Joon-ho

Untitled – Duncan Jones

Elysium - Neil Blomkamp

The Europa Report – Sebastián Cordero

After Earth – Manoj Shyamalan

Pacific Rim - Guillermo del Toro

Jane Got A Gun – Lynne Ramsay

Sin título – Henry Selick

Maggie – Henry Hobson

The Good Dinosaur – Bob Peterson

Lawless – Terrence Malick

All You Need Is Kill

Only Lovers Left Alive – Jim Jarmusch

Twelve Years a Slave – Steve McQueen

And surely a lot more, small films that get discovered in the course of the year. There's also Iron Man 3, Thor 2, The Hobbit: There and Back Again and Monsters University, I'm looking forward to these.

Twelve Years a Slave – Steve McQueen

Oh, wow! I was like "Steve McQueen has been dead for 30 years...." then I looked it up and found out this is another dude with the same name. Weird, usually people have to add a middle initial or something when 2 people in the same field do stuff

Weird, usually people have to add a middle initial or something when 2 people in the same field do stuff

Like Michael Bolton!

Well, why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?

Gravity will look cooler than anything to come from Star Trek next year.

I've seen a lot of stuff about the ISS and Earth seen from there. It's mindblowing. Plus free fall, which looks awesome on screen. Plus, supposedly, a realistic space station, no Enterprises. As a spaceship junkie I can't wait.

Gravity will look cooler than anything to come from Star Trek next year.

I've seen a lot of stuff about the ISS and Earth seen from there. It's mindblowing. Plus free fall, which looks awesome on screen. Plus, supposedly, a realistic space station, no Enterprises. As a spaceship junkie I can't wait.

I have no doubt that it won't. Despite my dislike of abrams, he will put on a spectacular display. Cuaron will show something nice as well but the ISS is dull and boring compared to a klingon battlecruiser and the starship Enterprise.

Besides Star Trek 2009 already showed us space skydiving.

Cuaron will show something nice as well but the ISS is dull and boring compared to a klingon battlecruiser and the starship Enterprise.

Not really, it exists for real, that makes it not boring!

The Enterprise will never happen.

Cuaron will show something nice as well but the ISS is dull and boring compared to a klingon battlecruiser and the starship Enterprise.

Not really, it exists for real, that makes it not boring!

The Enterprise will never happen.

sorry bub, the ISS is dull and boring, it's just a bunch of cylindrical spaces and some solar wings

160554main_jsc2006e43519_high.jpg

nice and primitive but...

It will never EVER look as gorgeous as her

star-trek-the-motion-picture-trilogy-20090513052947332-000.jpg

Because it was made with a purpose. It wasn't made to look sleek on screen too you all impressionable young people.

You know. Apparently, if you create a warp bubble, what you do is accumulating energy on the front, without a limit, that just grows and grows as you go, and is released at the end of the trip. Another way of planet destruction.

thanks for assuming I'm a you people. Chaac I'm the oldest person here, I remember exactly where I was when the US landed men on the moon, I remember watching Lost in Space in it's original run, I've had the privilege to have met Alan Shepard, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins. And I remember watching Star Trek from the beginning. I've seen the space shuttle in person. I love space, real and unreal.

Your knowledge of Warp theory is interesting but NO one knows.

thanks for assuming I'm a you people. Chaac I'm the oldest person here, I remember exactly where I was when the US landed men on the moon, I remember watching Lost in Space in it's original run, I've had the privilege to have met Alan Shepard, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins. And I remember watching Star Trek from the beginning. I've seen the space shuttle in person. I love space, real and unreal.

Glad to hear of your like for space :) How did you ever get to meet the Apollo guys?

Your knowledge of Warp theory is interesting but NO one knows.

lol I have no particular knowledge about it. Even if we had the (astonishing) amount of necessary energy for it we would have no idea how to use it to fold space in such a manner. I look at it mainly as a source of speculation for time travel. Space travel I find easier to cover in other simpler ways. Reading about warp bubbles can make one go nuts.

I met them at a kid at some Space event. Alan Sheperd is from New Hampshire and I met him at some event when I lived in NH and I met the Apollo 11 astronauts at something in Boston which was nearby.

Wow. I actually really like that casting, even though I in general hate the idea of the film being remade

Hey, I'm only as good as my sources. The Yahoo article I read at the time that I posted -- not the Christian Science Monitor article that I actually linked -- gave the name of Daniel O'Herlihy as the actor behind the character who Laurie would be playing, and then made some comparison of the original old man being Irish, and the new one being English.

I am trying to find the article and cannot, possibly because "facts" have come out. The article really specify who he will be playing, just "the villainous CEO of Omni Corp." Dick Jones was the VP of OCP, and definitely the villain, while "the old man" was OCP Chairman, not evil, just an enabler of evil until the end when he allowed Dick Jones to be killed.

It's possible the characters will be combined. We just don't know.

I have corrected the logical rebus of my original post.

:up: I'm there in the theater. Wish I had seen There Will Be Blood in the theater

Weird how that video was letterboxed on all 4 sides

Angelina Jolie as Maleficent:

Maleficent.jpg

She looks the part, at least

Those cheek bones look uncanny and deadly. I bet you could slice people in half with those. But she does look the part.

And what is the point of this movie? There was already a book and musical -- Wicked -- that tells how the Wicked Witch of the West becomes so evil growing up in Oz. I fail to see how Maleficent plans to tell any different of a story.

And what is the point of this movie? There was already a book and musical -- Wicked -- that tells how the Wicked Witch of the West becomes so evil growing up in Oz. I fail to see how Maleficent plans to tell any different of a story.

Did Snow White need another updated "cool" version? Does Superman need yet another reboot?

Modern Hollywood mantra: When in doubt or lost for new ideas, you can always rip off or recycle old ones. Just find that new angle. It works for children's stories, preferably those with Disney animations already done based on them.

And yes sometimes new spin on an old well known tale might be interesting but it seems the tinsel town is producing nothing but these days.

Paul Verhoeven is going to make a film about Jesus of Nazareth. Must see.

When it turns out that isn't even going to follow the myth it becomes even more of a must see. I can't wait.