Sony Classical's Phantom Menace 3D soundtrack CD

Jay

If this is indeed true then it is another wasted opporturnity on Sony's part but hey would someone in their right mind really want to hear all the music from a film as it was written.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony Classical is a bunch of douchebags.

Why don't they see that, if they release unedited unreleased music, that people will buy this shit?

Sony classical has no idea whatsoever what the fans want.

Seriously , what fanbase are they going after with this? Anyone slightly interested in Star Wars music already has the older version of the OST, which is still in stores anyways.

I really hope some of Sony's retarded executives and marketing people are reading this board (since they send promos to the site) so they know what we think.

Better focus on making decent bootleg versions from the game files since complete Prequel releases are obviously not going to happen for a few years now (until this piece of shit release is OOP which is never)

that's what I'm starting to think

If Harry Potter isn't in the clutches of Sony Classical we'll get that first too

Jason should write them a letter since they send him stuff:

Dear Sony:

Who do you expect is going to buy that piece of crap re-issue that every Star Wars fan already owns. The only people still interested in buying this music is for the complete intended scores and...blah blah blah

Sony gave us one expended edition of a Star Wars prequel score and no one liked it.

You seriously expect them to ever produce another?

BTW, straight reissues of CD's that have sold very well is hardly unusual in the music business.

Labels like FSM, Intrada, Lala Land etc are the exception, not the rule.

The TPM UE was an epic fail of maximum laziness. If they could realize that and try to make better ones

They released the UE to stop bootlegs, but it just gave us material to make more bootlegs

I remember reading somewhere that they are trying to focus on Maul as much as possible because of there's going to be (or there was?) an episode The Clone Wars series featuring Darth's Maul eeeevil brother and his own bunch of clones. Stupidest premise ever.

Oh and Roald... Why don't you show them how you do a real cover? ;)

I think that Sony Classical honestly didn't know any better with the Ultimate Edition and felt that they were giving us what we wanted, which is why they were so dumbfounded by the backlash. It was understandable that they didn't want to produce any more.

But that was 10 years ago now, some wounds time should heal. They should have taken another shot at it....but maybe that's not what Lucasfilm or Williams wants. It's entirely possible that it's them holding up complete editions, and not Sony.

that's what I'm starting to think

If Harry Potter isn't in the clutches of Sony Classical we'll get that first too

Jason should write them a letter since they send him stuff:

Dear Sony:

Who do you expect is going to buy that piece of crap re-issue that every Star Wars fan already owns. The only people still interested in buying this music is for the complete intended scores and...blah blah blah

Good... I'll send it.

Sony classical has no idea whatsoever what the fans want.

Seriously , what fanbase are they going after with this?

You guys give yourself to the illusion that Sony is aiming at a fanbase. With this, they are clearly aiming for people who only have a bypassing interest in film music, and may pick up the CD while they are browsing through a store.

Because, as you clearly pointed out, they know that the fanbase already owns the CD.

Other than the obsessive completists, why do people still give a shit about Star Wars music?

Finally a voice of reason I can agree with.

The music not available in any form by now (OST, UE, fanmade) isn't worth fussing over.

Charlie, for Padme's visit , all of the Lament orchestral reprisal and the fanfare opening until the Across the Stars statement just leaked SFX free in The Old Republic game. It's a gorgeous cue

What's missing is the darker part in the middle

Charlie, for Padme's visit , all of the Lament orchestral reprisal and the fanfare opening until the Across the Stars statement just leaked SFX free in The Old Republic game. It's a gorgeous cue

What's missing is the darker part in the middle

Thanks!

Then it should have just had him and the words John Williams on the front.

Sort of like this, then?

Ep1_CD_Ultimate.jpg

If I could count the number of times I've spilled my seed to that image... Ah, memories.

Not interested. At all.

Dear Sony,

Please bring on someone like Mike Matessino or Lukas Kendall or someone from LLL who knows how to do these things. Just contract the work out to them and you release it. Please? You'd have my money immediately.

Hey, Darth Maul is blue, right? Why is he red on the new cover...

Good catch with the Clone Wars thing. That is precisely why they're hyping Darth Maul. Holy ****, look at this cross-promotion:

http://www.starwars....turns_2012.html

Sony Classical is really misleading a ripping people off. Just for once can we get a pretty decent Prequel Trilogy soundtrack?

Like the Corelllian Edition / Star Wars Trilogy box set that came out in 2008. They just can't stop re-issuing the same Album that was released back in 2004/1997 or whatever.

Lets see what LA LA Land has in store for Star Wars :lick:

you think that the Prequel Trilogy would had the same respect like the Prequels but No! its been a decade since Episode I was released and still no complete score

I'm still good with the Ultimate Edition. Although I'm mainly looking for an expanded release for Episode II and III

and maybe music for the first 2 Harry Potter films

He only has 2 posts here so probably not

Well they had 10 years to properly release Harry Potter 1 before the sessions leak and an official release is now useless except for owning a physical c.d.. I hope the same happens with the Prequels

The unreleased music in The Old Republic (added to previous game material) was the tipping point where official releases for expanded SW Prequels are not so important to me anymore. Seriously, that thing is sort of like a sessions leak

you think that the Prequel Trilogy would had the same respect like the Prequels but No! its been a decade since Episode I was released and still no complete score

I'm still good with the Ultimate Edition. Although I'm mainly looking for an expanded release for Episode II and III

and maybe music for the first 2 Harry Potter films

You haven't heard the Phantom Menace score until you've heard the intended edition.. It is by far WAY better than the so called "Ultimate Edition". Grant the "Ultimate Edition" was nice to have for the new and remastered music, at the same time it fell short because it essentially was an isolated score.