Photo

The Official Members List Thread (please add your profile)

• Please log in to reply
892 replies to this topic

#721 Padme

Padme

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

I really should have done this back in 2005 when I joined *blushes* Oh well, better late than never eh?

NAME: Tori
SEX: Female
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Lady of Leisure lol :)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): All Star Wars Scores, Born on the Forth of July, Nixon, Munich, Memoirs of a Geisha, Close Encounters, JFK, Schindler's List, Superman etc etc
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Would take too long naming spcifics but basiccally anything by Danny Elfman, John Barry, Bernard Herrmann, Ennio Morriconne. Also some Hans Zimmer (not too much), becoming heavily interested in Jerry Goldsmith these days, Maurice Jarre, Harry Gregson-Williams (from time to time), Howard Shore, Vangelis etc. Oh, and I think James Horner is Satan *nods*
FAVORITE FILMS: Blimey.... Okay here we go, All Star Wars films, all Spielberg, Lucas, Scorsese, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Tarantino, Lean, Cameron, Burton, Fincher, Nolan, Stone, Coppola, Lynch, Welles etc probably missed tonnes but there we are.
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Eh, check what I said above.

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Movies, Music (Listening, playing and composing), Gaming, Art (In general and in practice), Science, History, Mythology, Psychology, Archaeology, Palaeontology etc etc I love learning in general, though I hated it at school, go figure, basically got a wide range of interests.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: On and off since 2005, certainly most in the past few months.
Posted Image

#722 shureman

shureman

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:25 PM

NAME: shureman
SEX: M
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: retired

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Angela's Ashes; Jane Eyre; E.T.
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): La Revolution Francaise; Our Mother's House; Curly Sue; The Belstone Fox; La Femme D'a Cote; One-Eyed Jacks.
FAVORITE FILM(S): The Queen of Spades; One-Eyed Jacks; They Shoot Horses, Don't They?; Dead of Night; Fallen Idol; Seance on a Wet Afternoon.
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): early David Lean
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): select soundtracks and old films.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: occasionally

#723 Boston Video Guy

Boston Video Guy

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

Sooner or later I will manage to get around this sight!

#724 mrbellamy

mrbellamy

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1677 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hello all! Just joined up here!

NAME: David
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): AI, Catch Me If You Can, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Cowboys, ET, Harry Potter, Home Alone, Hook, Munich, Jaws, JFK, Saving Private Ryan, The Terminal

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): American Beauty, Back to the Future trilogy, Chinatown, Cinema Paradiso, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Jules and Jim, North By Northwest, Ratatouille, Road to Perdition, Spartacus, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Vertigo, Taxi Driver, The Wizard of Oz, Wuthering Heights

FAVORITE FILM(S): The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Back to the Future trilogy, Ballad of a Soldier, The Battle of Algiers, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Children of Paradise, Fantasia, A Hard Day's Night, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Nashville, The Passion of Joan of Arc, Pinocchio, The Shop Around the Corner, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Sting, The Thin Man series, the Up! series, When Harry Met Sally, The Wages of Fear, The Wizard of Oz, and most films by...

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Paul Thomas Anderson, Frank Capra, Joel & Ethan Coen, Samuel Fuller, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Stanley Kubrick, Max Ophuls, Michael Powell, Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg, Francois Truffaut, Billy Wilder

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Film, Music, Film Music

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: First time! I've been checking this site for JW news updates for God knows how many years, though.

#725 tiomkin

tiomkin

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

NAME: tiomkin (Bill Finn)

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: I'm done with all of that

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, How To Steal A Million, Hook, Catch Me If You Can, Jane Eyre, Close Encounters... do I have to list them all? Are there any bad JW scores?

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Lots of Goldsmith scores, Herrmann, Mancini, Rozsa, Tiomkin, Friedhofer.

FAVORITE FILM(S): Usually whatever I'm watching at any given time.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Blake Edwards (I like to laugh), William Wyler, Stephen Spielberg, many others.

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Playing piano (I have most of the JW piano books), photography, bicycling, hiking.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: I just recently visited (within a year)

#726 Sharky

Sharky

Forever spouting bullshit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5227 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

NAME: Prometheus (Russell)

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Composer.

FAVOURITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Empire Strikes Back, The Long Goodbye, Star Wars, Superman, The Fury, Images, Schlinder's List, Amistad, Nixon, Valley of the Dolls, Family Plot, The Towering Inferno , Fiddler on the Roof, The Lost World, E.T. the Extra-Territorial, Empire of the Sun , The Poseidon Adventure, AI, Jurassic Park, JFK, The Sugarland Express and Jaws.

LEAST FAVOURITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Hook and SpaceCamp. Can't think of any others.

FAVOURITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Any of the masterpieces by Goldsmith, Herrmann, Rózsa, Barry, Rota, Morricone, Delerue, Jarre, Cordell, Walton, Mancini, Schifrin, Bernstein, Rosenman and North.

FAVOURITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Any of the heaps of forgettable trash (with a few small exception) by Zimmer, Gregson-Williams, Newton Howard, Bates, Tyler, Arnold, Debney, Jones, Silvestri etc...

FAVOURITE FILM(S): Chimes at Midnight.

FAVOURITE DIRECTOR(S): Orson Welles.

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music, biosciences, canoeing, running, and sex. Lots of it.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: When I was searching for the location of John William's full score for The Empire Strikes Back (orchestrated by Herb Spencer) - discovering this article and thread.

http://www.jwfan.com...sk=view&id=1119
http://www.jwfan.com...showtopic=16865

#727 mbahnmil

mbahnmil

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:57 AM

NAME: --
SEX: Male
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Profession - Computer programming, Education - Music

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Home Alone
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Narnia (HGW)
FAVORITE FILM(S): Too many to count
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Not sure
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music :)

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Right now

#728 proteussyndrome

proteussyndrome

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

NAME: Hugo Mayrand
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Composer

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Harry Potter 1-2-3, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Hook, E.T. and all of his concert work !
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): 20000 Leagues Under the Sea
FAVORITE FILM(S): E.T., Jurassic Park, The Abyss, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Film music, Brazilian music, Cinema, Natural history

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2010

#729 Alexander

Alexander

Air conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

NAME: Alexander

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Back to the Future
FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Robert Zemeckis

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: August 2010

#730 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70590 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Hmm...another Belgium!

save_zpsf802f795.jpg

#731 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21029 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:29 AM

I have never provided an information post here. Wow. I continue to remain partially elusive and enigmatic, but feel free to interpret it as standoffish or wishy-washy.

#732 ginormasource

ginormasource

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

http://ginormasource...r-john-williams

#733 sagart

sagart

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

NAME: Ian Fee
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Priest

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Superman, Empire, Raiders, Born on the 4th of July, JFK, Catch Me If You Can, but they're all great!!
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Silverado, Galaxy Quest, Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, John Barry Bond scores, Rocky, Field of Dreams, Apollo 13
FAVORITE FILM(S): Singin' in the Rain, LA Confidential, Broadcast News, Duck Soup, Star Trek
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg, Michael Mann, Woody Allen, Brad Bird
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Movie going and collecting movie memorabilia especially autographs, Star Trek, soccer, music, reading

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2006

I'm flying in from Ireland to New York next month just to see the Maestro in concert. SO excited!!

#734 Andreas

Andreas

Regular Poster

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

NAME: Andreas Westphal
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: IT Sysadmin

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): ALL (Star Wars, Harry Potter 1-3, Indiana Jones 1-3)
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Lord of the Ring 1-3, All from Alan Menken
FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park 1-2
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): My PC :)

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Very long time, I install it (4 May 2002)

Andreas

#735 Stefancos

Stefancos

• Members
  • 70590 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

LOL Andreas!

save_zpsf802f795.jpg

#736 astonexperience

astonexperience

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

This thread will stay on top. It functions as an overview of all the members of this board.

Please add your profile by copying and pasting the template below. Thanks!

----

NAME:
SEX:
PROFESSION/EDUCATION:

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):
FAVORITE FILM(S):
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S):
SPECIAL INTEREST(S):

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE:

----

OK, here's mine (updated April 4, 2009):

NAME: Roald
SEX: male
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Elementary school teacher

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, Schindler's List, E.T., Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Superman
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Braveheart, The Mission, Conan The Barbarian
FAVORITE FILM(S): The Star Wars Saga, E.T., The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, Se7en, Raiders Of The Lost Ark
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): John Williams, Music (classical, film music, pop/rock), composing, filmmaking, WWE Wrestling, Star Wars, Guns N' Roses, Alice Cooper

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: The Groovy Yak period (the last two weeks or so)

----

Again; thanks for contributing guys! Some of you may have done this before on the previous board (some even on THIS board!). Please re-create your profile in this thread.

Thanks,
Roald

NAME: Adrian J Moore
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Managing Director

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Schindler's List, Empire, Jane Eyre, Witches Of Eastwick
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Incredibles, Titanic, Mummy Returns, Up, backdraft, New Moon, HP DH Pt 2
FAVORITE FILM(S): Empire Strikes Back, The Elephant Man, Schindler's List, Titanic, American Beauty, Inception
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg, Cameron, Nolan
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Film making, Music (obviously), Photography, Conducting

#737 Hedwig

Hedwig

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

NAME: Reuben Kay
FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, Superman, E.T, Empire of the Sun, The Witches Of Eastwick, Home Alone, Hook, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Angela's Ashes, A.I, Harry Potter 1-3, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Munich
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Out Of Africa, LOTR Trilogy and lots of Jerry Goldsmith
FAVORITE FILM(S): TO MANY!
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Filmmaking, Music Composition

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Early 2010

#738 Mathieu Alvado

Mathieu Alvado

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

NAME: Mathieu Alvado
FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars 4-6, Superman, E.T, Hook, Jurassic Park, A.I, Harry Potter 3, Catch Me If You Can, Always, Fitzwilly, Sleepers, Indiana Jones 1-3
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Back to the Future, Contact, Stargate, Signs, Down with love, Ratatouille, Wall-e
FAVORITE FILM(S): Contact, Cast Away, Jurassic Park, L.A. Confidential, Wall-e, Ratatouille, The Iron Giant
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Robert Zemeckis, Steven Spielberg, Brad Bird
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music Composition

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2011

#739 Qwertymir

Qwertymir

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

NAME: Enrico
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Orchestrator, composer, conductor, pianist...

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Hook, ET, Star Wars, well...all of them!
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): sherlock holmes, 500 days of summer, marco polo....etc. too many!
FAVORITE FILM(S): uhm...too many :D
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): idem
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): mountains!

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: some days

#740 avalanche

avalanche

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

NAME: Joe
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Communications/Technology

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): It's a dead heat between Star Wars and Jurassic Park, two scores that got me into soundtracks in the first place. Others that I've recently taken in with gusto include A.I., SpaceCamp and the first and third Harry Potter scores.
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): There's a lot, for sure, but here's a sampling: Jon Brion's Magnolia, Danny Elfman's Batman, Jerry Goldsmith's Star Trek: The Motion Picture, James Horner's Glory, Michael Kamen's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and Hans Zimmer's The Thin Red Line.
FAVORITE FILMS: I've always liked The Empire Strikes Back, both as a stand-alone film (cinematography, script) and as part of the Star Wars trilogy. Others that I've really enjoyed, both as entertainment and as art, have included There Will Be Blood, Donnie Darko, Back to the Future (all three), and WALL-E.
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Wes Anderson, Steven Spielberg, Oliver Stone, Danny Boyle.

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): I listen to music extensively, and enjoy writing. I also cook a little on the side, and would love to expand my knowledge in this area. And, as my avatar shows, I'm a big Disney World fan (EPCOT in particular).

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Since 2010, when I realized there were more people out there just as nuts about film music as I am.

#741 TheRealRauch

TheRealRauch

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

NAME: Joe
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Art Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Superman
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): West Side Story, Dracula (1992), ... for video games: Final Fantasy 7 and 12, Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode 1, Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Mana ...
FAVORITE FILM(S): The first Star Wars trilogy, the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, The Shawshank Redemption, A.I. ...
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg, Shyamalan, Hitchcock
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): classical, film music, pop rock, metal, video game soundtracks, composing, 2d animating, painting, voice acting ...

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Today

#742 David Rose Composer

David Rose Composer

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

NAME: David Rose
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Studying Piano, Cello, Music Theory, Composition and Orchestration.

FAVOURITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Seven Years In Tibet, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Schindler's List, E.T., Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Superman, Home Alone, Hook and many more
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Danny Elfman's Batman. Jean de Florette.
FAVOURITE FILM(S): Seven Years In Tibet, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Schindler's List, E.T., Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Superman, Home Alone, Hook and many more
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg.
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Composing.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: November 2011

#743 ComposerEthan

ComposerEthan

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

NAME: Ethan Wong
SEX: Male.
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: High school senior, 6 years of piano.

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Star Wars series, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Last Crusade, Home Alone, Tintin, War Horse, and much more.
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Pirates of the Caribbean, Back to the Future, Inception, The Dark Knight and Sherlock Homes (Hans Zimmer)
FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Indiana Jones (all of them), Pirates of the Caribbean, Inception, Sherlock Holmes, The Dark Knight
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan.
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Composing, Film making, acting.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: December 2011
Johnny is the man.

#744 Henry Sarton

Henry Sarton

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

----

NAME: Pablo
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Elementary Music theory degree teacher and young wind band conductor / Music composition/orchestration/harmony/and al the other subjects in the carreer, student (year 3/5)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): ET, 1st Star Wars Trilogy, Tintin
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Korngold's "The Adventures of Robin Hood", all Dimitri Shostakovich scores, Vertigo
FAVORITE FILM(S): V for Vendetta, Pan's Labirynth, Devil's Backbone, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Matrix Trilogy, Big Fish
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Tim Burton, Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, Guillermo del Toro
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Play music, compose music, travel, and lots of other things!

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: April 2010

:-)

#745 stephanemeer

stephanemeer

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

NAME: STEPHANE MEER
PROFESSION : MUSIC COMPOSER ref: http://fr.wikipedia....i/Stephane_Meer

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): HEARTWOOD (with Yo-yo Ma)
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): FIREBIRD -Stravinsky of course-
FAVORITE FILM(S): recently WAR HORSE
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): I LIKE TO FIND BRILLANT SHEET MUSIC TRANSCRIPTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2012

#746 ShowUStheHOOK

ShowUStheHOOK

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

NAME: Adam G.
SEX: Male.
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: sophomore in college.

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Star Wars series, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Last Crusade, Home Alone, Hook, Stepmom, The Patriot
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): All of Alan Menken's disney scores, Harry and the Hendersons ( bruce broughton ) Batman ( elfman ), sleepy Hollow ( elfman), Dick Tracy, Edward Scissorhands ( both Elfman ) among others
FAVORITE FILM(S): The Kings Speech, Hook, The conspirator, Home Alone, Jurassic Park, Dick Tracy, The Rocketeer, Phantom of the Opera
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton ( sometimes )
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Composing, acting, drawing, Pianist

#747 Goldfingers

Goldfingers

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

NAME: Thomas R.
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Hook, Jurassi Park, The Witches of Eastwick, The terminal, The adventure of Tintin.
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): - same of my favorite movie
FAVORITE FILM(S): Hook, Labyrinth, The last unicorn, Dark crystal, Goonies, Ghosbusters 1-2, Gremlins 1-2, Back to the futur (Trilogy), Polanski's Pirates, The Muppet Christmas Carol, The adventure of Tintin, Robin Hood, The mask of Zorro (not the legend of zorro), Warlock, Jumanji, Bicentenal Man, Mrs Doubtfire, Kingdom of Heaven, Jurassic Park 1 - 2 - (3?), Batman (1989), Batman returns, Batman Begins, The dark knight, 1492 Conquest of Paradise, Conan,... Too many
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, Wolfgang Petersen, Jim and Brian Henson, Terry Gilliam, Coen brothers,...
SPECIAL INTEREST(S):
Arts, painting, music, guitar, piano, video editing, infography, comics, animation, stop motion and Hook, everything about Hook.

I visit this board since long time but more since LLL announced the release of the expanded soundtrack of Hook.
www.hook-movie.com

#748 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6687 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

NAME: Justin
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: MOO.com

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): E.T., Star Wars and Indiana Jones Trilogies, Hook, Superman, Home Alones, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, The Mission (Theme for NBC News), Amazing Stories: The Mission and Close Encounters of the Third Kind
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Goldsmith's Star Treks
FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars Trilogy, E.T., Treks 1-10, Indy Trilogy, Hook, Jaws, Batman 1989, Batman Returns, Jurassic Park and The Lost World, many of Spielberg's
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): John Williams and film music, Star Wars and Trek, Disney theme parks

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Early 2000s

#749 Citizen Cancre

Citizen Cancre

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

NAME: Citizen Cancre
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Law Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): TINTIN, HARRY POTTER 1-2-3, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, JURASSIC PARK
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, SCHINDLER'S LIST
FAVORITE FILM(S): BATMAN RETURNS
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): STEVEN SPIELBERG, TIM BURTON, PAUL VERHOEVEN
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): SOUNDTRACK, MOVIES, COMICS

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 5 MAY 2012

#750 chuckster312

chuckster312

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3520 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

NAME: chuck
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: In Health Care related fields

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Almost all Spielberg, Lucas, Columbus scores, The Patriot, Superman.
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Select scores by Jerry Goldsmith, Elmer Bernstein, Rozsa, Steiner, Korngold, Herrmann, Mancini, Alfred Newman & Sons (David & Thomas), Randy Newman, Menken, Zimmer, Silvestri, Horner, Morricone, Shore, Joe Hishaishi, Toshio Masuda, Yasuharu Takanashi, Yuki Kajiura.
FAVORITE FILM(S): LOTR trilogy, Spirited Away.
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Hayao Miyazaki, Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton, Gore Verbinski.
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): music, literature, outdoors.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2007-ish

----

NAME: Citizen Cancre
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Law Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): TINTIN, HARRY POTTER 1-2-3, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, JURASSIC PARK
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, SCHINDLER'S LIST
FAVORITE FILM(S): BATMAN RETURNS
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): STEVEN SPIELBERG, TIM BURTON, PAUL VERHOEVEN
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): SOUNDTRACK, MOVIES, COMICS

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 5 MAY 2012

Those are still by John Williams.

#751 Citizen Cancre

Citizen Cancre

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Excuse-me ! I have understood "John Williams soundtracks' which are not my favorite but I like too" ! :) (I'm French and my English is not always very good)

So my choice is :
EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
DAS PARFUM
BATMAN
BATMAN RETURNS
BAMAN FOREVER
UNBREAKABLE

Better ? :)

#752 Guluten

Guluten

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

NAME: Jorge
SEX: Not much
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Working in IT but studied International Business Studies

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Maybe Hook, The Empire of the sun... depending on the mood
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): That's a weird one, as depends on the mood. Today, The Vikings
FAVORITE FILM(S): Things to do in Denver when you are dead, The Maltese falcon
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Katsuhiro Ozu, Theodoros Angelopoulos, Steven Spielberg...
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): I also collect cinema postcards, programs, leaflets... Posters use to occupy lots of space, so I better collect the small one and I am open for exchange.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: I don't remember but after several months, I decided to suscribe.

#753 Arkman

Arkman

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

----

NAME: Rob
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Desgin

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars Saga, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Schindler's List, E.T.,
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): John Barry (mostly 007 films)
FAVORITE FILM(S): James Bond, Godfather, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Goodfellas, Casino to name a few....
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): have no favourite....
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): music composition, poker, cats

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: July 7th 2012

#754 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Supreme Something Something

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32611 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

You have no favorite directors yet a couple of your favorite films are Goodfellas and Casino? Interesting...
"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#755 jtwfan

jtwfan

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

NAME: David
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Finance

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Sabrina, Jurassic Park...
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Cutthroat Island, Rocketeer, LOTR, The Incredibles...
FAVORITE FILM(S): Raiders, Empire Strikes Back, Casablanca, All About Eve, Vertigo...
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg, Hitchcock, Wilder, Ford...
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Playing movie music and musicals on the piano

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Early 2000's
"Sound is 50% of the moviegoing experience." - George Lucas

#756 Ren

Ren

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8276 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Huh! How did I miss this thread!? ;)

~Renovia
Ah music, a magic beyond all we do here. ~ Albus Dumbledore

#757 Stefancos

Stefancos

• Members
  • 70590 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Better start introducing yourself!

save_zpsf802f795.jpg

#758 Ren

Ren

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8276 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

I think I did already. Search for me? I'm not on my computer right now

~Renovia
Ah music, a magic beyond all we do here. ~ Albus Dumbledore

#759 Stefancos

Stefancos

• Members
  • 70590 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Man - I thought I had replied to this post already.

Speaking of "men" - Does anybody else notice an abundance of testosterone on the MB :?

Here goes:

NAME: Renovia
SEX: FEMALE
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Music Education / Graduate of USM

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Jurassic, Schindler's, Home Alone, Star Wars, Indy, HARRY POTTER (and some others)
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Shore

just kidding - no one in particular

FAVORITE FILM(S): HARRY POTTER, and thrillers, LOTR, ST
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): don't care
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): HTML, Martinis, Bookmaking, Harry Connick Jr., Diana Krall, Harry Potter (did I mention this?), LOTR, scrapbooking, stamping.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: I found you~ March 2002 a little before

save_zpsf802f795.jpg

#760 Ren

Ren

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8276 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

WOW, 25 huh?

and thank you for searching for me.

~Renovia