72 replies to this topic

#41 Nick Parker

Nick Parker

Quickest Thread-Killer in the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6322 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:46 AM

Does Blockbuster allow you to trade a defective Disk for a better one, if they have another copy? (Oh, and I never listened to those scores yet, honestly. I suppose I should.)
"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

-Oscar Wilde

#42 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31090 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:48 AM

I haven't rented a game or movie for like 10 years, but I'm sure you could. Although I'm pretty sure the game doesn't freeze, the system does.

Go to his site, christilton.com, you can download a lot of his work for free.
"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#43 Nick Parker

Nick Parker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6322 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:59 AM

Nice.... And the Disk is clearly scratched beyond repair.
"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

-Oscar Wilde

#44 Nick Parker

Nick Parker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6322 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:57 AM

I just listened to "La Lune". It was short, but sweet. Nice job, Chris!

-Oscar Wilde

#45 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31090 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

La Lune is one of my favorite pieces of music of '08.
"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#46 bondo

bondo

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1213 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

Any word on a score release (commercial or digital) for FRACTURE? I've been listening to the clips from Tracksounds' review nonstop, and I want that promo disc! It's got that great 'old' movie feel to it.

#47 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31090 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

No word that I've heard of. Apparently a digital release is in the works. I hope it eventually sees the light of day.

#48 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31090 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Well I e-mailed Heavy Iron Studios expressing wishes for a release of Tilton's music for their Incredibles games.

#49 Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

This is an anatomically correct Bunny of Doom.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20138 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

i saw some good quality Fractured footwarmer today, but when i entered the shopstore they were already sold out...

Anybody managed to get a spare pair that can lend me?

I hope Episode III is Called 'Revenge of the Sith'

#50 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31090 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Interview with Chris Tilton!

#51 fommes

fommes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5846 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

I bought a Chris-Tilton-signed copy of Fringe 2 from BuySoundtrax, and ordered the first one along with it - and to my very pleasant surprise BSX went (unasked) through the trouble to get that signed as well.
:up:

Can't wait to put these in my stereo tomorrow - very excited to finally have these CDs.

PS - if Chris Tilton happens to be reading - thanks for the signatures!
:)

#52 Jay

Jay

Supreme Something Something

• Administrators
  • 32073 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

Speaking of Chris Tilton, I just saw this neat post from him on FSM:

[Elfman] uses MOTU Digital Performer. So does Don Davis, Michael Giacchino, Desplat, Shore, Goldenthal, pretty much most Hollywood biggies...,

I switched to Pro Tools in early 2009, since it became more composer friendly. I previously used Digital Performer. I'm trying to convince MG to switch too, but he loves the "chunks" feature too much Posted Image

Source: http://filmscoremont...?threadID=79476

#53 Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

This is an anatomically correct Bunny of Doom.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20138 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Speaking of Chris Tilton, I just saw this neat post from him on FSM:

[Elfman] uses MOTU Digital Performer. So does Don Davis, Michael Giacchino, Desplat, Shore, Goldenthal, pretty much most Hollywood biggies...,

I switched to Pro Tools in early 2009, since it became more composer friendly. I previously used Digital Performer. I'm trying to convince MG to switch too, but he loves the "chunks" feature too much Posted Image

Source: http://filmscoremont...?threadID=79476

what does mean 'chunks' feature?

i hope its not a button that composes chunks of filler music... :P

I hope Episode III is Called 'Revenge of the Sith'

#54 Morn

Morn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8790 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

O.K. The guy deserves his own. He's the next Giacchino, who is the next John Williams. So basically HE IS John Williams.

I just actually really want to know what's going on with the Mercenaries 2 score. It's not up on iTunes yet.

What ever happened to him, he used to be a regular on the filmtracks forum. A major film music geek like much of the rest of us!
"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." - Winston Churchill

#55 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31090 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

He only posted here a handful of times, a bit more on FSM. He's a busy guy, I know he continually works on Fringe and I think he writes for Alcatraz along with Andrea Datzman.

#56 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31090 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

An article about Tilton's music in the upcoming SimCity game. Really interesting how they're integrating the music in the game; and people say game scores are confined.

#57 libraloco

libraloco

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Chris Tilton is scoring the new FOX pilot Human.

https://twitter.com/...960725387198464

I hope this show gets picked up. I enjoy Bad Robot shows, and I think Chris's music for Fringe was some of the best on TV.

#58 Jay

Jay

• Administrators
  • 32073 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

AWESOME NEWS!!!

I agree his Fringe scores are great, but honestly his work on ALCATRAZ last year was the best scoring of 2012!

#59 libraloco

libraloco

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

It's a shame Alcatraz won't get an official release. I wish the show had done better--both for the music and for the show itself! Hopefully Human won't suffer the same fate!

#60 Jay

Jay

• Administrators
  • 32073 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

100% agree with you on all 4 points!

#61 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6941 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

I still have not heard any of Tilton's "solo" efforts.

I have been trying to track down his "The Incredibles" video game scores as a starting point.

Among all the things I have done in my short and pitiful life, becoming an inside joke on JWFAN is the one I'm the least proud of.

#62 Ro Sajooc

Ro Sajooc

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

I've heard some of his works, I like much his score for Fracture.

"I get asked all the time, 'What happens after Return of the Jedi?,' and there really is no answer for that. The movies were the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, and when Luke saves the galaxy and redeems his father, that's where that story ends."

- George Lucas

#63 libraloco

libraloco

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I would recommend his Fringe scores--especially seasons three and four. There are some good parts in season two, but I think season three and season four are his best.

#64 libraloco

libraloco

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

I might be misinterpreting this, but it seems like Tilton might be scoring Mirror's Edge 2 for EA Games.

Have to hand it to EA, Mirror’s Edge tease is probably the best thing they could have done to end the show. I’m on board “when it’s ready”

https://twitter.com/...197026373853184

EDIT: I think I did misinterpret it. By "on board," he probably meant he's excited to play it, not going to score it. Never mind!

#65 Ro Sajooc

Ro Sajooc

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Tilton is scoring the first SimCity expansion.

I wrote some new SimCity music for the Cities of Tomorrow expansion.

https://twitter.com/...768030659051520

"I get asked all the time, 'What happens after Return of the Jedi?,' and there really is no answer for that. The movies were the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, and when Luke saves the galaxy and redeems his father, that's where that story ends."

- George Lucas

#66 Jay

Jay

• Administrators
  • 32073 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Nice!

#67 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31090 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Excellent! I think it's his best score to date.

#68 Ro Sajooc

Ro Sajooc

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

B00G06NCS0.01-AE2QNCE40KCLM._SX420_SCLZZ

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B00G06NCS0

Samples sound great, imo :)

- George Lucas

#69 Jay

Jay

• Administrators
  • 32073 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Oh cool!

#70 libraloco

libraloco

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Tilton is no longer scoring Almost Human. The Crystal Method is instead.  :crymore:

http://filmmusicrepo...s-almost-human/

#71 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31090 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Bummer. But we do have the SimCity expansion! Here's my review for it.

#72 Jay

Jay

• Administrators
  • 32073 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

Tilton is no longer scoring Almost Human. The Crystal Method is instead.  :crymore:

http://filmmusicrepo...s-almost-human/

Nooooooooooooooooo! That was literally the only reason I was going to watch. What happened??

#73 libraloco

libraloco

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:25 AM

I don't know. I think he has been working on developing a video game of his own, and he's probably doing the music for that. (He said something about an announcement next month.) Or maybe they wanted a more techno sound for the show? I don't know. I was really hoping for some new tracks like Letters of Transit or The Singularity is Upon Us for a "futuristic" kind of score.

I'm really sad about this! I was so excited to hear him create a new musical world. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users