6561 replies to this topic

#1881 Trent Bennett

Trent Bennett

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12990 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

The person who was the voice for the original Michelangelo in the first film is not very happy about the Michael Bay news.

http://www.starpulse...y_?referer=Fark

Personally I don't blame him.

Quint, a lot of times I can be a nerd yes, but proud of it damn it! :P lol

My gf calls me a nerd regarding my love for film scores but I just stick my tongue out at her and say, "Yup and damn proud of it!".
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name......Enterprise." - Captain Picard

#1882 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17386 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

I don't think anybody who posts at JWFan is in a position to call anybody else a nerd.
Recently Purchased CDs:
1. Midway (Original Recording) - John Williams 2. Tchaikovsky: Symphonies 4-6 - Herbert Von Karajan and the Berliner Philharmonic 3. Williams: Violin and Flute Concerto - Leonard Slatkin and the London Symphony Orchestra 4. On the Town/Anchors Aweigh - Various

#1883 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9505 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

Nerd!

#1884 guest2

guest2

Grandest Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26617 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

I don't think anybody who posts at JWFan is in a position to call anybody else a nerd.

On the contrary - I think you have a very obtuse opinion of alternative music enthusiasts. Tip: don't presume we're all like you ;)

#1885 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5999 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Where's a trailer for Skyfall, damn it?

#1886 Wojo

Wojo

If God was a villain, he would have been a Lannister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19818 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

Teenage
Alien
Idiot
Ninja
Turtles

#1887 Trent Bennett

Trent Bennett

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12990 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

Tip: don't presume we're all like you ;)

Very good advice.

Teenage
Alien
Idiot
Ninja
Turtles

:lol:
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name......Enterprise." - Captain Picard

#1888 guest2

guest2

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 26617 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Quint, a lot of times I can be a nerd yes, but proud of it damn it! :P lol

My gf calls me a nerd regarding my love for film scores but I just stick my tongue out at her and say, "Yup and damn proud of it!".

This I cannot argue with. I find you an unassailable mystery, Trent!

#1889 Wojo

Wojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19818 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

Michael Bay will TAINT our childhood with this film.

~*~

Nerd is a derogatory slang term for a person typically described as intellectual, socially-impaired, and obsessive who spends inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or highly technical pursuits, or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities.[1][2][3] Nerds are considered to be awkward, shy, and unattractive.[4] Thus, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by others, or will tend to associate with a small group of like-minded people. As with other pejoratives, nerd has been reappropriated by some as a term of pride and group identity.

~*~

Hmmm...we're all nerds.

#1890 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9505 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

I sorta fit into that description.

#1891 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14313 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Michael Bay is approaching to hit a deeper bottom than expected. I've tried to imagine what's going on in his head and I just can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA5Pjw_cZn0

Jaqen2_zpsde0dd5b7.gif

"Big Jaqen is watching you."

#1892 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25022 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Can't wait to see the Three Stooges, looks like they nailed it.
If it isn't high concept the it's not worth watching believed the pseudo superior one.

#1893 Jay

Jay

Supreme Something Something

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32075 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

You're joking, right?

#1894 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25022 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

absolutely not, I've always loved the Three Stooges. The original three that is. Moe, Larry, Curly.

Sorry if slapstick humor isn't one of your tastes.

you're probably more interested in the sophisticated humor of Judd Apatow and his cronies like Jonah Hill, and films that say fuck every 3 seconds and then someone hits a bong or roach.
If it isn't high concept the it's not worth watching believed the pseudo superior one.

#1895 Jay

Jay

• Administrators
  • 32075 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

I grew up watching the Stooges and love all the old Stooge shorts

The new film looks absolutely TERRIBLE. They completely missed, it's NOTHING like the old shorts, its a disaster. I mean cameos from the Jersey Shore? Really? Awful

#1896 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25022 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

well we'll see. I think making fun of Jersey shore is fine.

#1897 crocodile

crocodile

A part-time Horner apologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13761 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

David Cronenberg is back!

Karol
"Modern, serious music has become embroiled in an intellectual discussion that has no place in music. Certainly, the great composer of the past were geniuses and used their intellect, but only to serve their emotions and guide their craft. Not to dictate to them what they should or shouldn't write" - Michael Kamen, 1995

#1898 Wycket

Wycket

Happy 50th Doctor Who

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts
  • Location:A parallel universe, where Williams and Zimmer fans get along in harmony.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

For the Stooges? This is nothing like the Stooges that we grew up watching. First of all, they were real people and not characters, they literally embodied what was on screen and I think many think its foolish to think others capture that feeling that the originals were able to emote. What's next, Laurel & Hardy and Abbot and Costello revivals? These were real people, playing thinly veiled characters but never straying far from what they knew. These are three actors who, besides the one playing Moe whom I've never heard of, have never been very successful on their own comedicaly and now we are supposed to believe they can inhibit three of the best slapstick actors ever?

Personally, I'm just ashamed that Larry David is in this utter piece of garbage. If it somehow manages to be even decent I'll be shocked but considering the Farrelly's output in the last decade and what has been shown so far I have zero faith in this. I stick to watching the classics off AMC on the weekends.

#1899 guest2

guest2

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 26617 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

David Cronenberg is back!

Karol

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but did he ever really go away? I loved his last few films.

#1900 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17386 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Wow, that's pretty graphic for a movie trailer.
Recently Purchased CDs:
1. Midway (Original Recording) - John Williams 2. Tchaikovsky: Symphonies 4-6 - Herbert Von Karajan and the Berliner Philharmonic 3. Williams: Violin and Flute Concerto - Leonard Slatkin and the London Symphony Orchestra 4. On the Town/Anchors Aweigh - Various

#1901 KK.

KK.

Gandalf the Flasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7101 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Wow, that's pretty graphic for a movie trailer.

Ahh, the beauty of Croenberg.

And as Quint said, I don't the man ever left and this looks like a Croenberg film if I've ever seen one.

The only thing I feel a bit sour about is the casting of Robert Pattinson. I've yet to see a single satisfying performance from him and I was not aware that he was casted for this film. Would he be suitable?

nb6gs9.jpg

#1902 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9505 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Cronemberg says he's very happy with his perfomance, apparently.

#1903 guest2

guest2

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 26617 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

I just hope Cronenberg hasn't picked it just because it feels 'risky', to him. Remember eXistenZ? You do well to.

#1904 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18706 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

That Cronenberg thingie ... What you see is probably just in the head of the characters ... the 'magic' effect of a new drug in the future. Am I right?
Television is way more interesting than cinema now. It seems like the art-house has gone to cable. - David Lynch

#1905 guest2

guest2

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 26617 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

It looks like Crash with bullet holes. Maybe it ends with a strobe lit sex scene between the leads as Blaine from Predator unloads his chaingun on them in slo-mo.

#1906 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18706 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Or they can jump back a few minutes in time. Pattinson shoots through his hand just for kicks and then undoes what he has done by going back in time.
Television is way more interesting than cinema now. It seems like the art-house has gone to cable. - David Lynch

#1907 tannhauser

tannhauser

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Doesn't look at all interesting to me, but it's new music from Howard Shore so i'm happy :D
Oh, War Horse is great! - John Williams

#1908 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25022 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

For the Stooges? This is nothing like the Stooges that we grew up watching. First of all, they were real people and not characters, they literally embodied what was on screen and I think many think its foolish to think others capture that feeling that the originals were able to emote. What's next, Laurel & Hardy and Abbot and Costello revivals? These were real people, playing thinly veiled characters but never straying far from what they knew. These are three actors who, besides the one playing Moe whom I've never heard of, have never been very successful on their own comedicaly and now we are supposed to believe they can inhibit three of the best slapstick actors ever?

Personally, I'm just ashamed that Larry David is in this utter piece of garbage. If it somehow manages to be even decent I'll be shocked but considering the Farrelly's output in the last decade and what has been shown so far I have zero faith in this. I stick to watching the classics off AMC on the weekends.

it's easy to dismiss when you haven't seen it. I disagree that they were playing 3 real people. They were characters, or charicatures. I seriously doubt that Moe could pull all of that hair out of Larry's head, time after time.
For the record the 3 Stooges were actually 6. Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, Curly Joe, and Joe.

#1909 Wycket

Wycket

Happy 50th Doctor Who

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts
  • Location:A parallel universe, where Williams and Zimmer fans get along in harmony.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Not real is the actual sense, but in the same way that a lot of comedians were doing at the time. They had a certain character and that is what they did. If you do something as much as the Stooges did, its only logical that eventually the two tend to meld together. I'm sure a lot of the real men eventually came through those characters and eventually I'm sure they adapted character traits into their personal lives. Maybe Larry had a very deceptively thick head of hair? :lick:

Yes, its easy to bash something when it hasn't come out, but previews are meant to portray not only the feeling and tone of the movie, but showcase the best the film has to offer. John Carter has taught many that fact may not always be the case, but its more tried and true than most. And considering not only the subject matter, I will be incredibly shocked if we see a massively different film than what I've seen in the trailers and commercials.

And as far as I'm concerned, there are only 4 Stooges: Moe, Larry, Curly, and Shemp. I refuse to accept the other two as Stooges.

#1910 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25022 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

the quality dips with Curly Joe and Joe but they still have their moments. Shemp was loveable.
Look extreme Slapstick isn't for many these days, as I said most find humor in bongs, and roach clips, and extreme vulgarity. Simulated violence is a no no. For what it's worth I think in the latest clip it appears that all three have got there Stooges down. I'm not real worried about the quality of the film in that no Stooges film was quality to begin with. If they nail the performances as the stooges that's all the will matter. Nyuck nyuck nyuck, certainly.

#1911 Wycket

Wycket

Happy 50th Doctor Who

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Well I suppose if some people like you and the ones that made it are happy then at least something useful will have come out of the film. Personally, I'll probably check it out on HBO or whatever but I've just never had an interest in it personally. Not many recent comedies tend to do it for me unless it's on television.

#1912 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25022 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

asylum films have announced the production of the third Mega Shark film, Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark.

I fear I would die the night before the premeire.

#1913 guest2

guest2

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 26617 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that when it comes to movies I'm counting the days to. I remember being fearful that I might not live to see The Return of the King.

#1914 Wojo

Wojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19818 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Way cool, a trilogy!

#1915 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25022 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

Mirror Mirror is the first of two Snow White movies. I'm puzzled if Snow White is the fairest of them all...why is this girl playing her so damned ugly.

#1916 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18706 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

#1917 guest2

guest2

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 26617 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

A teaser trailer for a trailer?

YOU BLEW MY COVER! won't sound right in an Irish accent.

#1918 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18706 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Whatever it is, compared to the first teaser of Prometheus, it's a big fail. It almost says: "Don't see this movie, you wil regret it."

#1919 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25022 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Chloe Moretz is the new Carrie. She is 15. What will they do for the opening. YIKES.

#1920 Jay

Jay

• Administrators
  • 32075 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

You gotta link to source articles for news items like that, Joe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Upcoming Films, Movie Talk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users