7056 replies to this topic

#2001 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20502 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

He looks thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.

#2002 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9683 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

I think they should have modified him less and done something to Willis.

#2003 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25138 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

there is going to be a film about Steve Jobs, that ought to be a bore fest about an evil prick.
If it isn't high concept the it's not worth watching believed the pseudo superior one.

#2004 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9683 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

there is going to be a film about Steve Jobs

yawn indeed

#2005 gkgyver

gkgyver

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8085 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Another gig for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross?

"You think they wear those tight-fitting clothes just so some other bride can say 'Gee your hips look succulent'? The good-looking ones know we're looking, they love us to be looking, and god bless 'em, they're carrying the rest of their sex!" - Al Bundy

#2006 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20502 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

With Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs.

#2007 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19797 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

yawn indeed

Not if Fincher makes it.

Otherwhise, biopics, who needs them?

Alex
"The film that really struck me was Ridley Scott's 'Blade Runner.' That was a film I watched many, many times and found endlessly fascinating in its density. But I think the density of that film is primarily visual density and atmospheric and sound density, more so than narrative density. But, yeah, I think for a lot of filmmakers particularly, there will be a film like that in their past that they've really become a little obsessed with and seen too many times, or more times than seems healthy." - Christopher Nolan

#2008 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25138 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

yawn indeed

Not if Fincher makes it.

Otherwhise, biopics, who needs them?

Alex

if fincher makes it then it will be garbage. still waiting for his uber shit film Curious bengie button to end. He deserves the death penalty for Alien3. Curiously Se7en does not hold up these days, his once almost decent film.
If it isn't high concept the it's not worth watching believed the pseudo superior one.

#2009 Quintus

Quintus

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 28214 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Did Fincher beat up your mother or something? Your evident hatred for the man seems inexplicably amplified and humorously disproportionate.
Posted Image

#2010 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25138 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

no, my mom would have kicked his flaming butt with ease. He's so overrated and yet he gets all kinds of disproportionate love for his mediocrity.

#2011 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67341 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

He is actually quite solid these days. Both The Social Network and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo were excellent.

qyjpO0k_zpsfc8aeaaf.png

#2012 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25138 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Social Network was the most boring fking film I've ever watched. haven't seen the tatoo film, yet, but plan too, the swedish version was not too good. I've heard fincher's version is better in every way.

#2013 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19797 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

He is actually quite solid these days. Both The Social Network and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo were excellent.

The Social Network was one of the better films of that year. I did not expect that.
"The film that really struck me was Ridley Scott's 'Blade Runner.' That was a film I watched many, many times and found endlessly fascinating in its density. But I think the density of that film is primarily visual density and atmospheric and sound density, more so than narrative density. But, yeah, I think for a lot of filmmakers particularly, there will be a film like that in their past that they've really become a little obsessed with and seen too many times, or more times than seems healthy." - Christopher Nolan

#2014 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25138 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

no shaky cam for the next Bourne film, hooray,

#2015 Matt C

Matt C

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

Francis Lawrence to direct Hunger Games sequel 'Catching Fire' for Lionsgate

Nice. Now JNH will definitely return to score this film. :drool:

#2016 KK.

KK.

Gandalf the Flasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7784 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm pretty psyched for this upcoming Hitchcock film. Heres an image of Anthony Hopkins posing as Hitchcock that they released yesterday.
Posted Image

Yes, he doesn't quite look like Hitchcock really...but I'm pretty excited to see what Hopkins' usual bravados will bring to the table!

nb6gs9.jpg

#2017 Quintus

Quintus

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 28214 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

That's astonishing. It's doesn't look that much like him, I agree, but it's astonishing nonetheless.

I'm suddenly all over this performance and film.
Posted Image

#2018 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9683 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

That's brilliant!

#2019 KK.

KK.

Gandalf the Flasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7784 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

That's brilliant!

See Chaac? Not everything looks awful to me :P I am genuinely looking forward to this film :)

nb6gs9.jpg

#2020 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9683 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

That's brilliant!

See Chaac? Not everything looks awful to me :P I am genuine excited for this film :)

;) I have seen some people complain about this film, but if it happens to contain something cool to tell it may as be imply the making of another film, who cares.

Plus it must contain Bennie somewhere.

Edit: I just checked the cast list and I can't see Bennie in there. Why is that? :(

#2021 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25138 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

I would have never figured that was Hitchcock, personally I think it looks utterly awful. The concept for this film is not enticing.

#2022 KK.

KK.

Gandalf the Flasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7784 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Perhaps not, but the idea of Hopkins taking on the role of Hitchcock is at the very least an intriguing idea.

nb6gs9.jpg

#2023 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25138 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

no it's not. Kind of a reach.

#2024 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17578 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

Just saw the trailer for Dark Shadows. It looks like this one will take it's place with other visually stunning but otherwise mediocre Burton films (Beetlejuice, Batman, etc.).
For updates on a new CD/short film featuring brand new concert works by John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Randy Newman, Don Davis and Bruce Broughton, "like" this facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers

#2025 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19797 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

no it's not.

K.K. does think it's intriguing. How can he be wrong about that? A person is either intrigued or he isn't.

#2026 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25138 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

lucky for him then.

#2027 Quintus

Quintus

Grandest Master

• Members
  • 28214 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Could this be a sequel decades later which I actually want? http://www.totalfilm...name=0&ns_fee=0

The original is one of those quintessential comfort movie's which I love stumbling upon when everyone gone to bed.
Posted Image

#2028 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Rather Lovely Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32018 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

John Hillcoat and Nick Cave's latest. Look past the terrible trailer editing and Tom Hardy's accent and it seems like there's a superb movie under there. My most anticipated after Dominik's Killing Them Softly.

Also looking forward to this. If Spike Jones' and Michel Gondry's movies had a baby, it'd be this:

"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#2029 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19797 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Pixar announced two movies but that's all I know.

#2030 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20502 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Pixar announced two movies but that's all I know.

PC Gamer mentioned this news bit. One is about the Dia de los Muertos -- Mexican Day of the Dead that inspired the computer game Grim Fandango -- but AceShowBiz reports

“Pixar confirmed that it will be an original story and not be based on any previous source material.”

As for the other, John Lasseter discussed the mind movie on the Charlie show Rose last December, and said it “takes place inside of a girl’s mind, and it is about her emotions as characters.” That's similar to another computer game Psychonauts, but chances are it will also be an original story.

After all, Pixar = win.

#2031 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9683 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

And the dinosaur film is titled The Good Dinosaur.

#2032 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20502 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Not the momma!

#2033 Michael

Michael

Really?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2262 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

PC Gamer mentioned this news bit. One is about the Dia de los Muertos -- Mexican Day of the Dead that inspired the computer game Grim Fandango -- but AceShowBiz reports

“Pixar confirmed that it will be an original story and not be based on any previous source material.”

As for the other, John Lasseter discussed the mind movie on the Charlie show Rose last December, and said it “takes place inside of a girl’s mind, and it is about her emotions as characters.” That's similar to another computer game Psychonauts, but chances are it will also be an original story.

After all, Pixar = win.

How curious... I wonder if Tim Schafer is pissed off...
If you start taking yourself seriously, then you’re in deep trouble! - Jerry Goldsmith

#2034 Matt C

Matt C

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Entire voice cast, Powell returning for not one, but two sequels for How to Train Your Dragon:

http://onemoviefivev...in-your-dragon/

#2035 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19797 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Could be interesting. Although, when looking at basic story stucture, I usually only like the 'setup' of the Pixar movies. It's their 'conflict' and 'resolution' parts where I dramatically begin to lose interest. (Wall-E being a perfect example of this)

Alex

#2036 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19797 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Concept art for Robert Rodriguez's Fire And Ice:

http://insidemovies....r-fire-and-ice/

Looks like it's going to be some Conan/Fantasy thingy.

#2037 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15733 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Looks like it's going to be some Conan/Fantasy thingy.

And you weren't aware of that? I take it you've never heard of Bakshi's film.

PrincessLeia_zps735e1986.png

#2038 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • 33997 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

I wish he was doing Sin City 2 instead

#2039 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19797 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

I wish he was doing Sin City 2 instead

He's doing this after Sin City 2 and Machete Kills.

#2040 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • 33997 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Oh, sweet!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Upcoming Films, Movie Talk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users