8064 replies to this topic

#2001 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76706 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

He is actually quite solid these days. Both The Social Network and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo were excellent.

twok1180_zpsd1sclips.jpg

#2002 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25995 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Social Network was the most boring fking film I've ever watched. haven't seen the tatoo film, yet, but plan too, the swedish version was not too good. I've heard fincher's version is better in every way.
If it isn't high concept the it's not worth watching believed the pseudo superior one.

#2003 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21875 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

He is actually quite solid these days. Both The Social Network and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo were excellent.

The Social Network was one of the better films of that year. I did not expect that.
"The film that really struck me was Ridley Scott's 'Blade Runner.' That was a film I watched many, many times and found endlessly fascinating in its density. But I think the density of that film is primarily visual density and atmospheric and sound density, more so than narrative density. But, yeah, I think for a lot of filmmakers particularly, there will be a film like that in their past that they've really become a little obsessed with and seen too many times, or more times than seems healthy." - Christopher Nolan

#2004 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25995 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

no shaky cam for the next Bourne film, hooray,
If it isn't high concept the it's not worth watching believed the pseudo superior one.

#2005 Matt C

Matt C

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

Francis Lawrence to direct Hunger Games sequel 'Catching Fire' for Lionsgate

Nice. Now JNH will definitely return to score this film. :drool:

#2006 KK.

KK.

The Merciful One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11355 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm pretty psyched for this upcoming Hitchcock film. Heres an image of Anthony Hopkins posing as Hitchcock that they released yesterday.
Posted Image

Yes, he doesn't quite look like Hitchcock really...but I'm pretty excited to see what Hopkins' usual bravados will bring to the table!

#2007 Quintus

Quintus

Grandiose Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30634 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

That's astonishing. It's doesn't look that much like him, I agree, but it's astonishing nonetheless.

I'm suddenly all over this performance and film.

Luke has depth.

#2008 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9751 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

That's brilliant!

#2009 KK.

KK.

The Merciful One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11355 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

That's brilliant!

See Chaac? Not everything looks awful to me :P I am genuinely looking forward to this film :)

#2010 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9751 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

That's brilliant!

See Chaac? Not everything looks awful to me :P I am genuine excited for this film :)

;) I have seen some people complain about this film, but if it happens to contain something cool to tell it may as be imply the making of another film, who cares.

Plus it must contain Bennie somewhere.

Edit: I just checked the cast list and I can't see Bennie in there. Why is that? :(

#2011 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25995 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

I would have never figured that was Hitchcock, personally I think it looks utterly awful. The concept for this film is not enticing.

#2012 KK.

KK.

The Merciful One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11355 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Perhaps not, but the idea of Hopkins taking on the role of Hitchcock is at the very least an intriguing idea.

#2013 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25995 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

no it's not. Kind of a reach.

#2014 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17721 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

Just saw the trailer for Dark Shadows. It looks like this one will take it's place with other visually stunning but otherwise mediocre Burton films (Beetlejuice, Batman, etc.).
For updates on a new CD/short film featuring brand new concert works by John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Randy Newman, Don Davis and Bruce Broughton, "like" this facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers

#2015 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21875 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

no it's not.

K.K. does think it's intriguing. How can he be wrong about that? A person is either intrigued or he isn't.
"The film that really struck me was Ridley Scott's 'Blade Runner.' That was a film I watched many, many times and found endlessly fascinating in its density. But I think the density of that film is primarily visual density and atmospheric and sound density, more so than narrative density. But, yeah, I think for a lot of filmmakers particularly, there will be a film like that in their past that they've really become a little obsessed with and seen too many times, or more times than seems healthy." - Christopher Nolan

#2016 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25995 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

lucky for him then.

#2017 Quintus

Quintus

Grandiose Master

• Members
  • 30634 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Could this be a sequel decades later which I actually want? http://www.totalfilm...name=0&ns_fee=0

The original is one of those quintessential comfort movie's which I love stumbling upon when everyone gone to bed.

Luke has depth.

#2018 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

• Members
  • 33482 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

John Hillcoat and Nick Cave's latest. Look past the terrible trailer editing and Tom Hardy's accent and it seems like there's a superb movie under there. My most anticipated after Dominik's Killing Them Softly.

Also looking forward to this. If Spike Jones' and Michel Gondry's movies had a baby, it'd be this:

#2019 Matt C

Matt C

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Entire voice cast, Powell returning for not one, but two sequels for How to Train Your Dragon:

http://onemoviefivev...in-your-dragon/

#2020 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21875 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Concept art for Robert Rodriguez's Fire And Ice:

http://insidemovies....r-fire-and-ice/

Looks like it's going to be some Conan/Fantasy thingy.

#2021 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22012 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Looks like it's going to be some Conan/Fantasy thingy.

And you weren't aware of that? I take it you've never heard of Bakshi's film.

#2022 Jay

Jay

Like a hood ornament!

• Administrators
  • 40113 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

I wish he was doing Sin City 2 instead

#2023 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21875 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

I wish he was doing Sin City 2 instead

He's doing this after Sin City 2 and Machete Kills.

#2024 Jay

Jay

Like a hood ornament!

• Administrators
  • 40113 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Oh, sweet!

#2025 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21875 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

It's going to be a green screen film. I haven't seen the Ralph Bakshi film but this one might be good.

#2026 Michael

Michael

No one will ever know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2585 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

It's going to be a green screen film. I haven't see the Ralph Bakshi film but this one might be good.

It's quite entertaining, but like most of fantasy films from the 80's, it can be extremly stupid and highly inconsistent. The animation can be breathaking at times, but then it can get really sloppy... It's a mixed bag.

I recently watched a 35mm copy of it on the big screen (awesome!) and it was a lot better than I remembered. It's a kind of film that it's meant to be seen on the big screen, although if you wanna watch it...

PS: Yay por Powell on HTTYD 2 and 3!
If you start taking yourself seriously, then you’re in deep trouble! - Jerry Goldsmith

#2027 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9751 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

I love the Frazetta look to that.

That kind of animation, when it's very well done, it's mindblowing. I tried to animate once in that manner like 3 or 4 seconds of a dinosaur using a cassowary video as a model I didn't even finish it, it's a pain in the ass.

#2028 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9751 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

Apparently they changed stuff in the Usamerican version of The Pirates!

#2029 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25995 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

kurtzmand and orci have been assigned by Universal studios to write reboots of the Mummy and Van Helsing. Please somebody shoot these two hacks and save the world from their s*** writing.

#2030 Quintus

Quintus

Grandiose Master

• Members
  • 30634 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

A reboot of the fucking Mummy?

Someone get a gun! Get a gun and shoot it!

Luke has depth.

#2031 Wojo

Wojo

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22405 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Wasn't The Mummy with Brendan Fraser itself just an A-list reboot of the classic mummy movies that Universal made back in the days of black and white?

Give it a break, guys, Hollywood has run out of ideas.

#2032 Quintus

Quintus

Grandiose Master

• Members
  • 30634 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, but fifty years had passed last time they rebooted it.

May as well reboot Harry Potter whilst we're at it.

Luke has depth.

#2033 Wojo

Wojo

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22405 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

And only ten years or so will have transpired between "first installments" of their respective Spider-Man franchises by the time "The Amazing" hits theaters. Only by boycotting these repeat trips to the salad bar to feed us rotten cabbage can we hope to put a sizable dent in Hollywood's wallet.

I heard on a local radio station that Tom Cruise gave an interview recently where he declared that before Mission Impossible 5 hits theaters, we would be treated to Top Gun 2. Come on...

#2034 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22012 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

I heard on a local radio station that Tom Cruise gave an interview recently where he declared that before Mission Impossible 5 hits theaters, we would be treated to Top Gun 2. Come on...

I agree, this is incredibly stupid. They should do a remake instead of wasting their time on a sequel.

#2035 crocodile

crocodile

A part-time Horner apologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17413 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I caught a clip of Top Gun recently. There is something incredibly creepy about this film.

Karol

Films On Wax

"Modern, serious music has become embroiled in an intellectual discussion that has no place in music. Certainly, the great composer of the past were geniuses and used their intellect, but only to serve their emotions and guide their craft. Not to dictate to them what they should or shouldn't write" - Michael Kamen, 1995

#2036 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25995 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Wasn't The Mummy with Brendan Fraser itself just an A-list reboot of the classic mummy movies that Universal made back in the days of black and white?

Give it a break, guys, Hollywood has run out of ideas.

I must say my opinion of the Mummy has changed dramatically over the years. It's really a decent film and it has held up fairly well. At the least it can be viewed as a guilty pleasure. Of course the original has a mood and tone that is quite terrific but it is slowly paced and the ritalin affected generation cannot handle such.

I'm less bothered about another take of the Mummy as I am about Kurtzman and Orci, they are fking idiots and yet in such demand. I mean look at the utter crap the wrote for Star Trek and Transformers 2. Calling them idiots is an insult to idiots. People who think James Cameron cannot write ought to take a look at these two morons.

#2037 Jay

Jay

Like a hood ornament!

• Administrators
  • 40113 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Clearly you don't watch Fringe

#2038 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • 25995 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

I do sometimes, but don't love it. besides they are not the writers for each episode.

#2039 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21875 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

Clearly you don't watch Fringe

Who does? Don't they know we have quality TV shows these days?

Just kidding, never saw it.

#2040 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

• Members
  • 33482 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

It recently got renewed for a 5th season, I believe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Upcoming Films, Movie Talk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users