Photo

What is the last Television series you watched?

TV Talk

• Please log in to reply
6333 replies to this topic

#81 Richard Penna

Richard Penna

Somewhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

We're running dry on TV here now, with House, Lost and 24 done for this season, and Prison Break over for good.

The only UK TV I really watch is Robin Hood, The Apprentice and any decent comedy on Dave. I'm slowly working my way thru Arrested Development season 2, and we'll start season 3 of The Wire soon.

It's no wonder I just listen to music all the time these days...

#82 Charlie Brigden

Charlie Brigden

Huge Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7322 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

Wow, the whole first part of that just felt like a huge Independence Day ripoff.

Which is ironic considering the first part of INDEPENDENCE DAY just ripped off the original V.
Repeat the JWFan pledge after me: 'I hereby recognise John Towner Williams' place in the world as the great composer there has ever been, and I therefore renounce the works of Rozsa, Korngold, Herrmann, Horner, Kamen, Giacchino (unless the prophecy is fulfilled and he becomes the heir to JTW) and Goldsmith, especially Goldsmith. I understand that if I ever refer to Jurassic Park as anything less than "a masterpiece sixty-five million years in the making" I will be resigned to living out my days at the Zimmershrine.'

#83 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69603 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:14 AM

It is!

TPMSig_zps20d62aed.jpg

#84 Drax

Drax

ゴジラ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15016 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

Wow, the whole first part of that just felt like a huge Independence Day ripoff. The rest, meh. But anything with Morena Baccarian in it is worth watching, though the short hair doesn't work for me.

I think she looks adorable with the short hair.

As for underlying subtleties that this show seems to be offering, judging by the trailer where "hope" is repeated, and a certain clip shown where Baccarin says to the journalist "We can't be seen in a negative light" (oh, god she never fails to give me the shivers), it reeks of something familiar in 2008-2009 history that we're not allowed to talk about on this board.

:rolleyes:

#85 Stefancos

Stefancos

• Members
  • 69603 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

Just shut your Aussie face, you Aboriginal murdering shrimp eater!

TPMSig_zps20d62aed.jpg

#86 John Crichton

John Crichton

The Doctor in America

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16472 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

As for underlying subtleties that this show seems to be offering, judging by the trailer where "hope" is repeated, and a certain clip shown where Baccarin says to the journalist "We can't be seen in a negative light" (oh, god she never fails to give me the shivers), it reeks of something familiar in 2008-2009 history that we're not allowed to talk about on this board.

:P

:rolleyes:
The First Question. The Oldest Question in the Universe, hidden in plain sight...

#87 Stefancos

Stefancos

• Members
  • 69603 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

You are not of the Body?

TPMSig_zps20d62aed.jpg

#88 John Crichton

John Crichton

The Doctor in America

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16472 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

I reject the will of Landru!
The First Question. The Oldest Question in the Universe, hidden in plain sight...

#89 Drax

Drax

ゴジラ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15016 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

Just shut your Aussie face, you Aboriginal murdering shrimp eater!

I've had kangaroo before too!

#90 king mark

king mark

Supreme Priestmaster of JWfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26287 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

Anybody else watching Harper's Island?

#91 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Supreme Something Something

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32356 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

Oh lord, please don't tell me you like that show. It's so unbelievably bad. I saw a couple episodes because my mom was watching it on demand.
"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#92 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20814 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:38 AM

:lol:

:)

That makes sense, because the brief information that I read about the preview trailer of V remarked on how it borrowed a lot of its concept from 1930s Europe. It's natural that a remake of that show would find a way to modernize that theme.

#93 Drax

Drax

ゴジラ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15016 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:42 AM

Ohh, how things never... "change".

#94 Taikomochi

Taikomochi

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2211 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:46 AM

All my favorite shows are over. BSG ended. Terminator was cancelled. Etc.

I started watching Primeval recently. Watched all three seasons(the third on the internet for it hasn't aired in the US yet) and quite enjoyed it. It's perhaps the only British science fiction show i like as i find all the others insufferably stupid.

Posted Image

#95 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20814 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:47 AM

It might lead to a whole new plethora of spinoffs based on hot lizard chicks. Can you imagine being saved from drowning by beautiful lizard women in "Baywatch: V?" Or watching Howie Mandel lick his lips (or maybe his eyeball, too) when they have a special V edition of "Deal or No Deal?" Personally I'm looking forward to that one.

#96 Drax

Drax

ゴジラ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15016 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:52 AM

It might lead to a whole new plethora of spinoffs based on hot lizard chicks. Can you imagine being saved from drowning by beautiful lizard women in "Baywatch: V?" Or watching Howie Mandel lick his lips (or maybe his eyeball, too) when they have a special V edition of "Deal or No Deal?" Personally I'm looking forward to that one.

Quick! Buy Godzilla a big screen TV!

#97 John Crichton

John Crichton

The Doctor in America

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16472 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:57 AM

It's perhaps the only British science fiction show i like as i find all the others insufferably stupid.

:|

#98 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

• Members
  • 32356 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:02 AM

Uh oh, you've upset the Dr. Who fan!
"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#99 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20814 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hmm...excellent choice of words when trying to express an opinion and make friends at the same time...

#100 guest

• Members
  • 31070 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:26 PM

Uh oh, I've seen John C angry, you wouldn't like it when he gets angry.

#101 John Crichton

John Crichton

The Doctor in America

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16472 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

Mark knows what happened to the conductor after playing PotC. It wasn't pretty. But I also recall having some help...

#102 John Crichton

John Crichton

The Doctor in America

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16472 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

Galactica's Katee Sackhoff is headed to 24 as a regular next year.

http://ausiellofiles...sive-katee.html

#103 guest

• Members
  • 31070 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

She should also be coming back to Nip/Tuck next season as well.

#104 hornist

hornist

.Next One Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5046 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:36 AM

I'm surprised how much people are watching television. I haven't done it lot for last ten years , some random
sports and ofcourse every single episode of LOST. For me my 42'' Sony is just a sreen for Blu-Ray and DVD movies , the good ones.

Oh yes , I also enjoy animal documentaries.

#105 Eblobulator

Eblobulator

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13310 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:32 AM

Galactica's Katee Sackhoff is headed to 24 as a regular next year.

http://ausiellofiles...sive-katee.html

That should be interesting, I wonder if she'll play a bad guy or one of the good guys.

GAC2.jpg

Kathryn Janeway: "Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache."

#106 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20814 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

Well if she's joining CTU, she'll start off as one of the "good guys" in the story. Whether we find out that she's part of the inner sanctum of conspirators in key positions in our administration, that remains to be seen. With 24, everyone can become a bad guy until they're dead, and everyone dead can come back until we see their severed head.

I'm rather surprised that the show is moving to NYC. I can't blame them, though, because once you nuke Los Angeles, there's really nothing left to do, hence the move to higher profile targets in Washington D.C. and New York City.

#107 Richard Penna

Richard Penna

Somewhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

I hope and pray that this is the last season. I felt this year's finale was a total cop out - such a big deal out of
Spoiler
, and then right at the end when it could've ended brilliantly,
Spoiler
. Bleh.

Robin Hood's getting good though as it approaches the 3rd season finale. And I heard on the radio yesterday that the Life on Mars spinoff, Ashes to Ashes is getting a 3rd season... we've stopped watching it because it's just become rather stale and boring.

#108 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20814 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well if John Voight couldn't pull a vial of antidote out of his back pocket, somebody had to be the deus ex machina. I like my deus ex machinas to be hot, blonde, and vibrant, s'il vous plaît.

#109 Richard Penna

Richard Penna

Somewhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

They didn't have to have a 'deux ex machina' at all... that's my point. Why couldn't they just let the inevitable happen.

#110 Taikomochi

Taikomochi

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2211 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

It's perhaps the only British science fiction show i like as i find all the others insufferably stupid.

:lol:

Hey, that's how I find them. You like whatever you like. I shan't judge you.

Posted Image

#111 king mark

king mark

Supreme Priestmaster of JWfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26287 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

Edit:wrong thread

#112 Datameister

Datameister

Stab me with socks in Chicago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10235 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:43 AM

I can't blame them, though, because once you nuke Los Angeles, there's really nothing left to do, hence the move to higher profile targets in Washington D.C. and New York City.

No, they nuked Valencia. :lol:

#113 Elmo Lewis

Elmo Lewis

Relatively respectable citizen.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6139 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

She should also be coming back to Nip/Tuck next season as well.

That character is supposedly gonna be played by a different actress.
"We’re flawed because we want so much more. We’re ruined because we get these things and wish for what we had."

#114 guest

• Members
  • 31070 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Shame, I liked her in the role.

#115 Elmo Lewis

Elmo Lewis

Relatively respectable citizen.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6139 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

Well, Nip/Tuck girls have gotten interchangeable lately, so she didn't have too much competition. But she did make her character interesting, which is not without merit, considering how poorly written it was.
"We’re flawed because we want so much more. We’re ruined because we get these things and wish for what we had."

#116 John Crichton

John Crichton

The Doctor in America

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16472 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Comedy Central has ordered a full 26 episode new season of Futurama.

http://www.variety.c...2...yid=14&cs=1

#117 Charlie Brigden

Charlie Brigden

Huge Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7322 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

Comedy Central has ordered a full 26 episode new season of Futurama.

http://www.variety.c...2...yid=14&cs=1

Good news everyone!

I'm wary, as the films weren't amazing, but the 90 minute format just didn't fit the show. I have faith though.
Repeat the JWFan pledge after me: 'I hereby recognise John Towner Williams' place in the world as the great composer there has ever been, and I therefore renounce the works of Rozsa, Korngold, Herrmann, Horner, Kamen, Giacchino (unless the prophecy is fulfilled and he becomes the heir to JTW) and Goldsmith, especially Goldsmith. I understand that if I ever refer to Jurassic Park as anything less than "a masterpiece sixty-five million years in the making" I will be resigned to living out my days at the Zimmershrine.'

#118 John Crichton

John Crichton

The Doctor in America

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16472 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

That's made me wary as well, I'm hoping a return to traditional format will help the show. I'll certainly be watching, it'd be great if they'd put it back to back with South Park on Wednesday night.

#119 Charlie Brigden

Charlie Brigden

Huge Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7322 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

I'm wondering where they'll show it here, as we do not have Comedy Central.

At least I'll be safe in the knowledge that the worst Futurama episodes are usually still about ten times funnier than anything else around.

#120 Nick Parker

Nick Parker

Quickest Thread-Killer in the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6322 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

Finally, I was wondering why this show was left for the dogs while they were busy performing electro-therapy on the rotting corpse that is The Simpsons.
"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

-Oscar Wilde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users