4676 replies to this topic

#4561 Romão

Romão

Benfiquista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9668 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

MV gave all the hints in the world concerning Hook. And even after being aware of all the speculation about a posible release, he still keeps teasing about Hook. If Hook is not one of their next releases, then it's just tasteless teasing
The Keyboard is mightier than the sword

#4562 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8392 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

About title 200, were there any special scores written/released in 2000?

well my words is made of fire time to burn

Among all the things I have done in my short and pitiful life, becoming an inside joke on JWFAN is the one I'm the least proud of.

The additional passage was interesting but not really something I would consider absolutely essential.

#4563 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36860 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

MV gave all the hints in the world concerning Hook. And even after being aware of all the speculation about a posible release, he still keeps teasing about Hook. If Hook is not one of their next releases, then it's just tasteless teasing

MV said things that people interpreted to be about Hook when they may never have been.

About title 200, were there any special scores written/released in 2000?

There are special scores released in every year.

#4564 Romão

Romão

Benfiquista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9668 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Even the last one about a magical place far away or whatever...even if it's not Hook, I'm pretty sure MV is aware it could be interpreted that way. I won't even mention the whole thing about the 20th anniversary of the movie. He's been teasing about Hook for years now
The Keyboard is mightier than the sword

#4565 fommes

fommes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5906 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yeah he's pretty much Hooked us.

#4566 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Even the last one about a magical place far away or whatever...even if it's not Hook, I'm pretty sure MV is aware it could be interpreted that way. I won't even mention the whole thing about the 20th anniversary of the movie. He's been teasing about Hook for years now

The comment about Hook's 20th anniversary is the only comment he's made that was directly in response to something about Hook. Anything else was just interpreted to be about Hook by fans without any confirmation he meant it that way.

It seems the Far Off Place he was referring to on Facebook last week was the Planet of the Apes.

EDIT: A little ways back I compiled everything MV has every said that was Hook related and posted it here.

#4567 Richard Penna

Richard Penna

Somewhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9553 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

It seems the Far Off Place he was referring to on Facebook last week was the Planet of the Apes.

'magical'?

#4568 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Oh poop, forgot about that part!

Well, who knows which release it was referring to.

#4569 Eblobulator

Eblobulator

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13380 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

You would think the reference "Far Off Magical Place" would be related to Neverland.

GAC2.jpg

Kathryn Janeway: "Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache."

#4570 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8392 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

You know....It could be Skyward Sword... like with Uncharted.

Among all the things I have done in my short and pitiful life, becoming an inside joke on JWFAN is the one I'm the least proud of.

The additional passage was interesting but not really something I would consider absolutely essential.

#4571 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17679 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

The comment about Hook's 20th anniversary is the only comment he's made that was directly in response to something about Hook. Anything else was just interpreted to be about Hook by fans without any confirmation he meant it that way.

Still, there have been numerous hints that any reasonable person might link to Hook. He clearly knows about the speculation, he knows that giving hints like something about a "far off magical land" is only stirring the pot...I think we have reason to be angry if Hook isn't in the works.

That's not to say it isn't in the works, I still truly believe it will be one of the February releases.
For updates on a new CD/short film featuring brand new concert works by John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Randy Newman, Don Davis and Bruce Broughton, "like" this facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers

#4572 Drax

Drax

ゴジラ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15526 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

Might be the complete score to Legend.

#4573 Kendal_Ozzel

Kendal_Ozzel

Admiral

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2560 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

I suppose it could be $29.99 like The Golden Child or Space: Above and Beyond. But I highly doubt it will be more than $30.

I'm more curious was the "lush" and "beautiful" 90's romantic score they are releasing is. Hmmm.

Sabrina? :D

#4574 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17679 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

Oooh, good one. I don't know anything about the unreleased music, but the OST is gorgeous.
For updates on a new CD/short film featuring brand new concert works by John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Randy Newman, Don Davis and Bruce Broughton, "like" this facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers

#4575 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6801 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

Much of the film score is unreleased.

#4576 Ro Sajooc

Ro Sajooc

Utinni!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Might be the complete score to Legend.

I thought that Silva's release was complete.
"You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it."

- Garth (aka Fedora)

#4577 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Legend was not from the 90s

#4578 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8392 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Small detail, MV's avatar now has the cone colored red.

#4579 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

MV's avatar has not changed. It's identical to the one I uploaded to imageshack on the previous page.

The cone hat is from the POTA movie:

Posted Image

#4580 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18324 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Nice hat.

ImBirdman_zps15b4c1eb.png

#4581 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8392 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

non red version:Posted ImageRed version:Posted Image

#4582 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

I understand what you are saying. I am telling you his avatar is EXACTLY the same today as it was yesterday. Nothing has changed. It only looks red because its shrunk down. Yesterday it looked the same. The imageshack mirror of his avatar I made yesterday that is on the previous page of this thread is the proof.

#4583 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8392 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

It only looks red because its shrunk down.

Really? Strange...

#4584 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18324 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

It only looks red because its shrunk down.

Really? Strange...

Faleel, meet LeBlanc. He's a jokester.

ImBirdman_zps15b4c1eb.png

#4585 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

I zoomed in on the avatar version and it might actually be colored red, which the large version is clearly not. But either way, the avatar hasn't changed between yesterday and today.

#4586 Score_Fan

Score_Fan

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Just wondering, why would they choose to release Elfman's POTA? It already had the expanded treatment barely a year ago, and there are much more deserving elfman scores waiting for an expansion.

#4587 Charlie Brigden

Charlie Brigden

Huge Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7322 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

It had a twelve-minute expansion in a limited box that cost more money than my sister's virginity.

Also, I gather some people really like it.
Repeat the JWFan pledge after me: 'I hereby recognise John Towner Williams' place in the world as the great composer there has ever been, and I therefore renounce the works of Rozsa, Korngold, Herrmann, Horner, Kamen, Giacchino (unless the prophecy is fulfilled and he becomes the heir to JTW) and Goldsmith, especially Goldsmith. I understand that if I ever refer to Jurassic Park as anything less than "a masterpiece sixty-five million years in the making" I will be resigned to living out my days at the Zimmershrine.'

#4588 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

LLL also released Batman Returns after the Elfman/Burton boxset was released. I don't see the big deal.

#4589 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8392 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

You know, MV's avatar, is black and white, and that cone is slightly red... almost like black and white films where they just color certain parts of the image a certain color.......hmmmm....would Schindlers List merit expansion? it was released in 1993....

#4590 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

ozman has basically confirmed it is an avatar for POTA only. Also, MV has repeatedly said he still doesn't know if 1198 will be done by the 14th or not, so there's no way he'd have that be part of the avatar. The only one he could have included in the avatar with POTA was 1199, the 90's "lush and beautiful" romantic score, two words which doesn't describe schindler's. It's already known that 1193 = 3 disc set = POTA so the 93 part of the catalog number means nothing, and most LLL catalog numbers do.

#4591 Joe Brausam

Joe Brausam

A horn player.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3252 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

I think people are reading wayyy too much into this catalog number vs. year of release thing..

#4592 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Agreed.

BTW, it should be noted that either 1198, 1191, or 1200 is Tiomkin's The Fall of the Roman Empire. Remember MV's quote from September:

Just to clear the air:

The Fall cd we currently have coming out will be limited to 2500 units and contains the original LP program remastered from the original tapes housed at Sony. Sadly, the complete score is nowhere to be found, but we did manage to put a few "bonus tracks" on this release. Notes are by Jeff Bond and art will be by Jim Titus. Its expected to be out 1st quarter 2012, as part of our countdown to our 200th release. It sounds awesome!

As a Tiomkin fan I cannot wait to get this new recording. I hear its magnificent. . .and complete! A must BUY!

MV

Source: http://filmscoremont...?threadID=83064

#4593 crocodile

crocodile

A part-time Horner apologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16495 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

If that is indeed POTA, I will buy it. It's a much better score than it seems at first glance.

Karol
Films On Wax

"Modern, serious music has become embroiled in an intellectual discussion that has no place in music. Certainly, the great composer of the past were geniuses and used their intellect, but only to serve their emotions and guide their craft. Not to dictate to them what they should or shouldn't write" - Michael Kamen, 1995

#4594 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

The avatar is definitely for POTA, Karol.

#4595 crocodile

crocodile

A part-time Horner apologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16495 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

I thought the helmet/armour looked kinda familiar. :)

Karol
Films On Wax

"Modern, serious music has become embroiled in an intellectual discussion that has no place in music. Certainly, the great composer of the past were geniuses and used their intellect, but only to serve their emotions and guide their craft. Not to dictate to them what they should or shouldn't write" - Michael Kamen, 1995

#4596 ManofDestiny

ManofDestiny

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

POTA? Pirates of the America?

#4597 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21237 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

B-movie serial?

Planet of the Apes.

#4598 Charlie Brigden

Charlie Brigden

Huge Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7322 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

LLL facebook page:

"We are going to be working with composer Kevin Kliesch, putting out an album of his awesome music for "Thundercats" this fall. Be sure to 'like' his Facebook page; he'll soon be asking for input from the fans as to what music should be on the album!"

Repeat the JWFan pledge after me: 'I hereby recognise John Towner Williams' place in the world as the great composer there has ever been, and I therefore renounce the works of Rozsa, Korngold, Herrmann, Horner, Kamen, Giacchino (unless the prophecy is fulfilled and he becomes the heir to JTW) and Goldsmith, especially Goldsmith. I understand that if I ever refer to Jurassic Park as anything less than "a masterpiece sixty-five million years in the making" I will be resigned to living out my days at the Zimmershrine.'

#4599 Jay

Jay

Iron FEET!

• Administrators
  • 36860 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

That will make Konstantinos happy!

#4600 filmmusic

filmmusic

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4022 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

That will make Konstantinos happy!

no. not at all Jason! :(
the thing i was longing for, is the music of the 80s cartoon series! Not the new one.
and i can't understand why noone releases it since the masters exist.
there are already comments in lalaland's facebook of people who would like the music of the old seriers.

May the Fourth be with us and A NEW HOPE for the original trilogy on Bluray!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users