The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Coming Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 1 PM PST

A CERTAIN SMILE - 2 cd set

Music by Alfred Newman

LLLCD 1178

Limited Edition of 2500 units

Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by Nick Redman (Disc 1), Didier C. Deutsch and Mark G. Wilder (Disc 2)

Mastered by Daniel Hersch at D2 Mastering, Atwater Village, CA (Disc 1) and Mark G. Wilder at Battery Studios, NY (Disc 2)

Liner Notes by Julie Kirgo

Art Direction by Jim Titus

We are very excited to announce our first GOLDEN AGE title to come down the chute in quite some time (THE BIG COUNTRY being the last major Golden Oldie we did). With the release of A Certain Smile, La-La Land will start to embark on a series of Classic film scores from all over the Golden Age of Hollywood. Names like Newman, Tiomkin, and Waxman (to name a few) will join La-La Land's ever growing family of great composers. This lavish 2 disc production is brought to you courtesy of 20th Century Fox and Sony Music in New York. Disc 1 features the expanded film score remastered from the original 1/2 tapes stored at Fox. Disc 2 is the LP master, remastered from the original 1/2 tapes stored in New York at Sony Music. The incomparable Julie Kirgo provides in depth notes on the score and the film itself. The gorgeous 20 page booklet has that "Titus Touch" that is sure to appeal to fans of this romantic score.

And, of course, the cherry on top is the title song sung by Johnny Mathis, never sounding so lush and vibrant.

We did not forget you fans of the 80's and 90's. Our other treat is brought to you courtesy of MGM Studios.

SPELLBINDER

Music by Basil Poledouris

LLLCD 1177

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

Produced by Ford A. Thaxton

Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland

Liner Notes by Randall D Larson

Art Direction by Mark Banning

When it comes to unusual scores in Mr Poledouris' trunk of music, this one ranks right up there with the likes of Breakdown and No Man's Land. Spellinder is an experimental electronic score that uses mood and technique more than melody. Director Janet Greek and the film's score mixer, Tim Boyle, help guide liner note writer Randall D. Larson through this eeire tale of love, witchcraft and otherworldly music. Mark Banning provides atmospheric art direction.

It's Poledouris. It's a World Premiere. It's 1200 units. Need I write more? wink

See y'all back here next week, Tuesday August 16, 2011 at 1 pm PST when these two titles go live on our website and other fine online establishments.

T.T.F.N.

MV

I'm not really into the Poledouris, it doesn't sound like my style. I'm VERY excited for the Newman though (so glad it wasn't Mouth of Madness) though I think 2500 copies is a bit too much for it, probably contractual. The idea of them starting a Golden Age series is exciting too, I wonder what Waxman they're going to put out...

EDIT: Haha we posted MV's posting at the same time

So I get the clue now: It was Alred E Neuman from Mad Magazine with his smile circled, for Alred Newman's A Certain Smile. lol.

BTW theozman posted a larger version on his facebook page

22369923985887271575011.jpg

• 1 month later...
LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

A CERTAIN SMILE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1178

Music by Alfred Newman

Limited Edition of 2500 Units

NOW SHIPPING

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

ACertainSmileHi-Res.jpg

In association with Sony Music and Twentieth Century Fox, La-La Land Records presents its debut release in a new series of classic Golden Age film scores -- A sumptuous 2-CD SET of legendary composer Alfred Newman's (ALL ABOUT EVE, THE ROBE, THE EGYPTIAN, AIRPORT) score to the 1958 Twentieth Century Fox romantic feature film A CERTAIN SMILE, starring Rossano Brazzi, Joan Fontaine and Bradford Dillman, directed by Jean Negulesco. Mr. Newman's gorgeous orchestral composition whisks the listener away on a delightful European romance. The title song performed by the incomparable Johnny Mathis is the icing on this velvety-rich cake. Disc One contains the expanded original film score, restored from 35mm film elements uncovered at Fox, while Disc Two showcases the LP presentation, remastered from the original 1/2 inch tapes stored at Sony Music. Produced by Nick Redman (Disc 1) and Didier C. Deutsch and Mark G. Wilder (Disc 2), and mastered by Daniel Hersch (Disc 1) and Mark G. Wilder (Disc 2), this special release features exclusive liner notes by film music writer Julie Kirgo. This is a limited edition of 2500 units.

TRACK LISTING:

Disc 1

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

1 Main Title 3:30

2 The Bus 2:18

3 Pastorale 1:27

4 Romanza 1:10

5 Françoise 2:44

6 The First Kiss 3:49

7 A Certain Smile (Film Version) 3:34

(P. F. Webster/S. Fain)

Vocal by Johnny Mathis

8 The Dance 2:19

9 Fulfillment 1:30

10 The Letter 1:34

11 Bertrand's Visit 1:44

12 Dominique's Decision 2:09

13 The Riviera 2:34

14 You Smell Of Warm Grass 2:21

15 The Country Market 2:41

16 The Children 1:09

17 Farewell To The Sea* 1:45

18 The Train :47

19 The Party 4:03

20 Jelly Rolls 2:04

Music by Jimmy Rowles

Published by WB Music Corp. (ASCAP)

21 Dominique's Collapse 2:16

22 Disillusionment 1:07

23 Don't Leave Me Françoise* 3:17

24 Reconciliation 1:54

Total Time Disc 1: 54:06

* Damaged Recording

Disc 2

The Columbia Original Soundtrack Album

1 A Certain Smile 2:51

(P. F. Webster/S. Fain)

Vocal by Johnny Mathis

2 Main Title 3:31

3 The Bus / Romanza 3:29

4 Françoise 2:46

5 The First Kiss 3:50

6 I've Never Seen The Sea / Fulfillment 4:43

7 The Letter / Bertrand's Visit 3:20

8 Dominique's Decision 2:10

9 The Riviera 2:35

10 You Smell Of Warm Grass 2:24

11 The Market Place 2:43

12 Farewell To The Sea 1:48

13 Dominique's Collapse / Disillusionment 3:19

14 Don't Leave Me, Françoise 3:17

15 Reconciliation / End Title 1:56

Total Time Disc 2: 44:42

SPELLBINDER: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1177

Music by Basil Poledouris

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

STARTS SHIPPING AUGUST 23rd

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Spellbindercover.jpg

Presenting the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Basil Poledouris' (CONAN THE BARBARIAN, ROBOCOP, THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, BREAKDOWN) original score to the 1988 MGM/UA sensuous supernatural shocker SPELLBINDER, starring Tim Daly and Kelly Preston, and directed by Janet Greek. This unique score in Mr. Poledouris' cannon, (his only true supernatural horror genre score), showcases the composer's skill in crafting chilling, yet lush electronic soundscapes. His experimental music adeptly keys in on mood and technique over melody, giving this cult film layers of suspense and eroticism it wouldn't otherwise have. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton and mastered by James Nelson, this special limited edition release features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by film music writer Randall D. Larson, which include comments from the film's score mixer, Tim Boyle and director Janet Greek. This is a limited edition of 1200 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. The Witching Hour (4:31)

2. Opening Credits (2:31)

3. Healing / Aldys In Closet (1:24)

4. Love Montage (1:52)

5. Pursuit (3:34)

6. Aldys Follows / Phone Search (2:14)

7. Bookstore / Phone Call (3:12)

8. Coven Flashback (1:58)

9. Preparing To Leave (1:23)

10. The Witches Attack (4:02)

11. House Search / Fight In House (6:21)

12. The Ritual / The Heart (6:50)

13. Spellbinder End Credit (original) (4:32)

14. Club Source (1:20)

15. The Ritual (original) (9:53)

Total Time: 56:13

GOING OUT OF PRINT AUGUST 31, 2011

RUNAWAY TRAIN, DEAD LIKE ME, THE YOUNG RIDERS

Starting AUG. 16th (1pm PST) these titles are $4.98 EACH! Get them before they are gone for good! Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Coming from La-La Land Records Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 1 pm PST:

COMMANDO

MUSIC BY JAMES HORNER

LLLCD 1185

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

Produced by Nick Redman

Score Restoration by Mike Matessino

Mastered by Daniel Hersch at d2 Mastering

Liner notes by Jeff Bond

Rambo? -- A wimp! James Bond? -- A Sissy! Neo – HA, the only TRUE matrix in the world of Cinema is JOHN MATRIX, the one and only character Arnold Schwazenegger portrayed in the immortal 1985 classic COMMANDO!

20th Century Fox Films and La-La Land Records are proud to announce the RETURN of James Horner's action masterpiece COMMANDO – newly remastered and expanded (now running 61:48). This version of the soundtrack even includes PowerStation's Power Ballad "Someday, Somehow, Someone's Gotta Pay" (aka "WE FIGHT FOR LOVE") the song that runs during the end credits of the film.

Now you can own this great mid 80's action score and not have to pay those high eBay fees for the original Varese album.

Nothing says Reagan era Americana Bad-Assery like James Horner's steel drums and pulse pounding orchestrations!

Now sing it with me:

I will protect you

Nothing can hurt you

No storm clouds gathering terrify

I am a mountain

Surrounded by your love

You are a mountain that dreams are made of

We fight for love

We fight for love

Fight for love

Somewhere... somehow... someone

I fight with fire

As I watch them conspire

To blow my world apart

Between the light

And the endless night

You will always be in my heart

We fight for love

We fight for love

Fight for love

We fight for love

See y'all next Tuesday at 1 pm pst.

31875124869992516497811.jpg

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASE: Tues, 1pm (PST) AUGUST 30, 2011

New Release available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), AUGUST 30, 2011

"COMMANDO: LIMITED EDITION"

Music by James Horner

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING SEPTEMBER 6th

CommandoHi-Res.jpg

COMMANDO: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1185

Music by James Horner

ORDER "COMMANDO: LIMITED EDITION" AUG. 30 (1pm PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING SEPTEMBER 6th

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Presenting the return of acclaimed composer James Horner's (STAR TREK II: WRATH OF KAHN, 48 HRS., TITANIC, AVATAR) legendary score to the 1985 Twentieth Century Fox actioner COMMANDO, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rae Dawn Chong and Alyssa Milano and directed by Mark L. Lester. Horner's propulsive orchestral, steel drum-laced score builds on his 48 HRS. motifs, resulting in the perfect, high-octane accelerator for Schwarzengger's unstoppable, death-dealing assault. Remastered and expanded with bonus alternate tracks, COMMANDO is back and sounding better than ever. Also featured is the unforgettable end credits rock anthem "Someday, Somehow, Someone's Going To Pay" (AKA "We Fight For Love") performed by The Power Station. Produced by Nick Redman, restored by Mike Matessino and mastered by Daniel Hersch, this dynamic release is limited to 3000 Units. Film music writer Jeff Bond provides captivating in-depth liner notes, featuring comments from screenwriter Steven E. de Souza and co-writer/lead vocalist on "Someday, Somehow, Someone's Going To Pay," Michael Des Barres. Let's Party!

TRACK LISTING:

1 The Trashmen / The Agency :46

2 Main Title 3.45

3 The Helicopter Arrives :55

4 Run to the Shed and Chase 2.38

5 Matrix Captured/Jenny Tied Up 1.50

6 Into the Plane :53

7 Don't Disturb My Friend 3.36

8 Matrix Hits the Swamp 1.14

9 Matrix Walks in the Terminal :27

10 Matrix on the Move :48

11 Don't Move 6:30

12 Sully Starts to Run 4.33

13 Drive Away From Pier 3.41

14 Matrix Breaks Lock 2.13

15 Matrix Jumps to Floor 1.40

16 Cut to Val Verde 1.23

17 Matrix Climbs Up Bank 3.15

18 Soldier Gets Pitchfork/Matrix Runs Up Steps 3.47

19 Arius Crashes Through Window 3.20

20 Matrix Approaches General :56

21 Someday, Somehow, Someone's Gotta Pay 4.36

Performed by The Power Station

BONUS TRACKS

22 Soldier Gets Pitchfork (alternate) 1.29

23 Don't Disturb My Friend (alternate) 3.21

24 Don't Disturb My Friend (alternate mix) 3.56

Total Time: 61:48

GOING OUT OF PRINT AUGUST 31, 2011

THE YOUNG RIDERS and DEAD LIKE ME. These titles are currently $4.98 EACH! Get them before they are gone for good on August 31st! Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

105 minutes after Commando went on sale:

Close to 2/3 of the 3000 units gone so far.

MV

8 hours after it went on sale:

Jeff Bond's notes are great, but wait until you guys read his bio at the end -- PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Got less than 500 units left

MV

17 1/2 hours:

Going. . .Going. . .

22 hours:

Last 40 copies. . .

MV

And in just about 24 hours it was gone

Yes it is. It's crazy. I had to order more this morning to complete the run.

Innerspace took 6 days I believe and Poseiddon and Airplane 1 week

Meteor sold out in 24 hours as well

BTAS sold out in a month as did Masters of the Universe.

I think Godzilla took 2 or 3 months

Other than those others tend to stick around.

Still shocked we have Batman 1989, The Edge Bad Boys and Batman Returns. . .but all of those are down to the last 300-400 units

MV

Orders will start being processed and start shipping Sept 5

See y'all back here on the 6th when we announce our next batch!

MV

"All Hail the Pony Tail"

Please be patient with other retailers. Our first batch of cds shipped out last week. The second and final batch arrived here yesterday and has been shipped out to all the remaining retailers. A company like SAE took a large quantity -- half was delivered last week, half this week. They will get to your order in a timely fashion

MV

1801p.gif

ALL HAIL THE PONY TAIL!

I summon the Cult of Jerry to pay heed to this announcement:

Tuesday, Sept 13, 2011 at 1 pm PST La-La Land Records is honored to announce not one, BUT TWO scores composed by our beloved Maestro

SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY (EXPANDED)

Music by Jerry Goldsmith

LLLCD 1181

Limited Edition of 3500 units

Reissue Produced by Nick Redman and Didier C. Deutsch

Score Restoration by Mike Matessino

Mastered by Daniel Hersch at d2 Mastering

Liner Notes by Julie Kirgo

La-La Land Records, in conjunction with 20th Century Fox and Sony Music, announces a newly remastered and expanded edition of one of Jerry Goldsmith's finest thriller scores of the 1990's. Clocking in at 54:31, this new version features over 15 minutes of never before released music. Insightful liner notes by Julie Kirgo and fantastic art direction by Jim Titus highlight this fine addition to any self-respecting Goldsmith Cult Member's collection.

(Please note Van Morrison's "BROWN EYED GIRL" is NOT featured on this release) frown.gif

FOREVER YOUNG EXPANDED ARCHIVAL COLLECTION

Music by Jerry Goldsmith

LLLCD 1182

Limited Edition of 3000 units

Reissue Produced by MV Gerhard

Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland

Liner Notes by Daniel Schweiger

Art Direction by David C. Fein

La-La Land Records and Warner Bros are happy to announce the next release in our EXPANDED ARCHIVAL COLLECTION, Jerry Goldsmith's romantic score to FOREVER YOUNG. This remastered and expanded version runs 74:37 – its jam packed with some of the maestro's most adventurous and romantic themes he composed in the latter half of his career. New album features film versions and album versions of the score, as well as bonus material including alternates and deleted cues. The 20 page booklet features liner notes by Daniel Schweiger detailing the score, the films history and an insightful interview with the film's director, Steve Miner. David C Fein's art direction highlights the blue in Mel's once dreamy eyes and brings a sense of romance to this beautiful score.

(Please note Billie Holiday's "THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU" IS featured on this release) smile.gif

SPECIAL OFFER: Buy both titles directly from the La La Land Records website and recieve a $5 discount

(Offer expires Sept 26, 2011)

See y'all back here on Sept 13 at 1 pm PST.

ALL HAIL THE PONY TAIL!

SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1181

Music by Jerry Goldsmith

Limited Edition of 3500 Units

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Sleeping-With-The-Enemy-iTunes.jpg

NOW SHIPPING

La-La Land Records, Sony Music and 20th Century Fox present a remastered and expanded release of legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith's (TORA TORA TORA, POLTERGEIST, FIRST BLOOD, BASIC INSTINCT, THE EDGE) orchestral score to the 1991 Twentieth Century Fox blockbuster thriller SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY, starring Julia Roberts, Patrick Bergin and Kevin Anderson, and directed by Joseph Ruben. Mr. Goldsmith's expert scoring finds the perfect meld of brooding suspense, terrifying jolts and hopeful romance, giving this hit thriller a large measure of its depth and resonance. Produced by Nick Redman and Didier C. Deutsch, restored by Mike Matessino and remastered by Daniel Hersch, this special release is expanded with more than 15 minutes of previously unreleased music. Insightful liner notes are provided by film music writer Julie Kirgo. This is a limited edition of 3000 units. (Note: this release does not contain Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl.")

TRACK LISTING:

1 Morning on the Beach 2:32

2 No Problem * :52

3 Fears 2:55

4 Roses / You Want Something / Happy Days * 2:29

5 The Storm 3:16

6 Broken Window * 1:02

7 The Funeral 3:22

8 A Brave Girl 3:48

9 Spring Cleaning 2:28

10 Broken Light * 1:05

11 The Ring 2:04

12 Sarah Waters * 1:01

13 It Never Started * 1:21

14 Home Alone * :51

15 What Did He Do? 2:55

16 The Disguise * :47

17 Thanks Mom 4:25

18 Don't Worry / Wrong Man / School's Out * 1:25

19 The Towels * 1:10

20 The Watcher / He Was Here * 2:01

21 The Carnival 2:51

22 Remember This 7:58

Bonus Tracks:

23 You Want Something (Alternate Mix) * 1:07

24 The Carnival (Alternate Mix) 1:59

* Previously Unreleased

Total Time: 54:31

FOREVER YOUNG: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1182

Music by Jerry Goldsmith

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

ForeverYoungCover.jpg

NOW SHIPPING

La-La Land Records presents its latest Expanded Archival Collection release, Jerry Goldsmith's (PATTON, THE OMEN, GREMLINS, BAD GIRLS) score to the 1992 Warner Bros. romantic fantasy FOREVER YOUNG starring Mel Gibson, Jamie Lee Curtis and Elijah Wood, and directed by Steve Miner. Lush, adventurous and timelessly romantic, Mr. Goldsmiths soaring orchestral score is among the most notable of the latter half of his astounding career. Produced by MV Gerhard and remastered by James Nelson, this expanded release runs nearly 75 minutes, featuring a wealth of previously unreleased music, along with bonus alternate cues and album version tracks. In-depth liner notes from film music writer Daniel Schweiger features new comments from the director. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Test Flight* (3:42)

2. Will You Marry Me? / Never Leave Me* (1:10)

3. Hit and Run / Breaking Down the Door* (Partially Unused) (2:52)

4. The Experiment (3:17)

5. The Warehouse* (0:48)

6. The Deep Freeze* (2:05)

7. Thawed Out* (2:34)

8. The Lightouse* (Unused) (0:40)

9. Time To Leave* (0:24)

10. The Wrong Man* (0:18)

11. The Air Show* (1:18)

12. Kitchen Aid* (Partially Unused) (2:10)

13. The Diner (2:00)

14. I Was Wrong* (Unused) (1:45)

15. The Jacket* (Partially Unused) (1:31)

16. The Tree House (3:07)

17. Good News* (0:52)

18. Getting Away* (1:20)

19. Best Friends* (1:54)

20. She's Alive (Extended) (3:44)

21. Nat's Missing* (0:26)

22. Reunited* (7:45)

BONUS TRACKS

23. Love Theme From Forever Young (4:06)

24. Will You Marry Me?* (Alternate) (0:35)

25. Time To Leave* (Alternate) (0:25)

26. The Jacket* (Alternate) (1:27)

27. Test Flight (Album Version) (3:41)

28. Kitchen Aid (Album Version) (2:42)

29. The Air Show (Album Version) (2:30)

30. Let's Go (Album Version) (3:02)

31. Reunited (Album Version) (7:43)

32. "The Very Thought Of You" (2:44) (Performed by Billie Holiday)

* previously unreleased

TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 74:37

GOLDSMITH NEW RELEASE SPECIAL! Order FOREVER YOUNG and get SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY at a special sale price of $14.98 (reg. $19.98). You will be asked at checkout if you wish to purchase SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY at the sale price. Good thru SEPT. 26th. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

18 hours later:

As for the titles, well over half the run are gone for both titles. We have more units in production right now and should have the second batch in stock later next week.

MV

ATTENTION!

We have discovered there has been a printer's error in some of the Forever Young booklets. A few pages are out of order. If you received one of these and you wish to replace it please email your name and address to:

info@lalaland-ent.com

Revised booklets will start shipping 9/26/11

MV

La-La Land will also release the OST to Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception by Greg Edmondson on November 15th

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005L3HL8A/

That same day, SOCOM 4 will be available to general retail:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051BXIKM

If you liked 2, you will LOVE 3. It's his biggest and best of the series!

MV

3000 UNITS

LLLCD 1190

I'm sure there will be signed copies, but you never know about schedules

MV

The ozman also posted an unused sketch he did for Jade:

32080525856003417896711.jpg

La-La Land will also release the OST to Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception by Greg Edmondson on November 15th

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005L3HL8A/

If you liked 2, you will LOVE 3. It's his biggest and best of the series!

MV

3000 UNITS

LLLCD 1190

I'm sure there will be signed copies, but you never know about schedules

MV

Fuck yes! Jay, all the updates you do for each label are so helpful. I would have completely missed this.

Here at the triple "L" we are very excited about next Tuesday 'cus we get to unleash not one, but TWO scores by two of our favorite composers!

First up:

1941 EXPANDED -- 2 Disc set

Music by John Williams

LLLCD 1179

Limited Edition of 3500 units

Retail Price: $29.98

Produced and assembled by Mike Matessino

Produced for Sony Music by Didier C. Deutsch

Mastered by Mark Wilder at Battery Studios

Liner Notes by Mike Matessino

La-La Land Records, in association with Sony Music and Universal Pictures, presents the remastered and expanded 2-CD SET of Academy Award-Winning composer John Williams’ (JAWS, BLACK SUNDAY, STAR WARS, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK) amazing score to the 1979 Universal Pictures and Columbia Pictures comedy spectacular 1941, starring Dan Aykroyd, Ned Betty, John Belushi and Warren Oats, and directed by Steven Spielberg. Williams provides a delightful, full-on orchestra assault (featuring one of the most infectious marches ever written for film) to compliment this cult-classic’s slapstick tapestry of WWII-era paranoia exploding in Hollywood. This special release is expanded by more than 70 minutes with never-before-released music, including alternates and source cues. The original 1979 album presentation is also presented on disc 2, remastered. 1941 Re-issue producer Mike Matessino provides in-depth liner notes with new comments from the film’s co-writer, Bob Gale.

Next up:

THE CAPE -- 2 Disc set

Music by Bear McCreary

LLLCD 1186

Limited Edition of 2000 units

Produced by Bear McCreary

Mastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman Mastering Los Angeles, CA

Art Direction by Mark Banning

La-La Land Records and NBC Universal are proud to announce the release of the short lived 2011 comic book television series THE CAPE. Influenced by the sounds of the late, great Shirley Walker, composer Bear McCreary weaves an action packed extravaganza filled with thrilling themes and a huge sound. The 16 page booklet is filled with comments by Bear and the show's creator, Tom Wheeler.

The first 150 people to purchase THE CAPE soundtrack via the La-La Land Records website will get their copy autographed by composer Bear McCreary.

See y'all back here next Tuesday, Sept 27 at 1 pm PST

MV

Yeah, I know about U3, but there's been no word on when, if even this year (that I've seen) FotRE will drop.

That still leave about, depeding on how many release days are left, six to eight more CDs.

Is The Cape worth getting? I've checked McCreary website, there are no audio samples from that show, and there are only the opening credits on Youtube. Is there a place where you can listen to music from the show?

Not that I know of. You could download the episodes themselves

Is The Cape worth getting? I've checked McCreary website, there are no audio samples from that show, and there are only the opening credits on Youtube. Is there a place where you can listen to music from the show?

I remember somebody talking about how aweful it was.

The Cape cover art, track list, and samples:

http://www.bearmccre...om/blog/?p=7230

capecd01.jpg

On September 27th, La La Land Records will release a 2-CD limited edition soundtrack of my fully orchestral score for The Cape. The first 150 orders through the label’s website will be signed! The sale begins next Tuesday at 1pm Pacific Standard Time. The autographed copies will go fast, so check early in the day.

A digital release is scheduled for later in the year.

This album represents my most grandiose and lyrical orchestral writing yet. The story presented me with a rare opportunity to explore sweeping superhero music, in the style of my favorite scores when I was growing up. There are whispers of Elfman’s Batman and Williams’ Superman in here, yes, but my biggest influence by far was Shirley Walker’s scores for Batman: The Animated Series. In fact, this CD is dedicated to her memory.

The Cape soundtrack sits comfortably alongside my Human Target album. In fact, I think if Human Target had continued down the same creative path in Season 2, and I remained on as composer, my score would have resembled this. The lessons I had learned by my final episode of Human Target were applied directly to the first episode of The Cape. Anyone disappointed that I never got to write more Human Target music will enjoy the hell out of this record.

The two CD set contains all of the stand-out musical moments from the series. There are also a number of bonus tracks that are exclusive to the CD version of the score. Some of them will surprise you! :)

Here’s the complete track listing, with select audio clips.

DISC 1:

1. THE CAPE Main Title

2. A New Day Ahead

from “Pilot”

3. The Death of Vince Faraday

from Pilot”

4. The Carnival of Crime

from “Pilot”

5. The Greatest Circus Act That Ever Lived

from “Pilot”

6. The Faraday Family

from “Pilot”

7. Confronting Chess

from “Pilot”

8. Gregor Molotov

from “Kozmo”

9. Asylum Fight

from “The Lich, Part 2″

10. Orwell’s Dream

from “The Lich, Part 2″

11. Waltz for Raia

from “Kozmo”

12. Rube Goldberg Death Machine

from “Dice”

13. Scales in the Cage

from “Scales on a Train”

14. Cain

from “Tarot”

15. Scales

from “Pilot”

16. Unnatural Things

from “Kozmo”

17. Young Tracy

from “Dice”

18. Kitchen Battle

from “Tarot”

19. Casino Attack

from “Dice”

20. Justice Takes Time

from “Kozmo”

21. The Lich

from “The Lich, Part 2″

22. The Telepath Strikes

from “Dice”

23. Gregor the Great’s Carnival of Fear

from “Kozmo”

DISC 2:

1. Let’s Just Pretend

from “The Lich, Part 2″

Music and Lyrics by Brendan McCreary

Performed by Young Beautiful in a Hurry

2. Sewing the Mask

from “Tarot”

3. Runaway Train

from “Scales on a Train”

4. Ghosts of Palm City

from “The Lich, Part 1″

5. Highwire Training

from “Dice”

6. Faradays are Fighters

from “Tarot”

7. Concerto for Tuba and Goggles

from “Goggles and Hicks”

8. Attack of the Bumblebee

from “Goggles and Hicks”

9. Opposite Sides

from “Scales on a Train”

10. Two Weddings

from “The Lich, Part 2″

11. Brazil Nuts

from “Scales on a Train”

12. Kozmo

from “Kozmo”

13. Orwell’s Recovery

from “The Lich, Part 2″

14. Scales Goes Rogue

from “Scales on a Train”

15. Rescuing Orwell

from “The Lich, Part 2″

16. The Cape Keeps Watch

from “Tarot”

CD BONUS TRACKS:

17. Jerry

from “Goggles and Hicks”

18. Outsmarting the Assassins

from “Goggles and Hicks”

19. Trolley Park Amusements

from “Tarot” and “Scales on a Train”

20. Palm Reading

from “Dice” and “Kozmo”

21. Portrait in Courage

from “Tarot”

22. The Dead Will Rise

from “The Lich, Part 1″

23. Out the Window

from “Tarot”

24. No Journey Too Far

from “Scales on a Train”

25. ARK Corporation Theme Song

from “Pilot”

26. Homeless Blues

from “Kozmo”

Remember to go to the link for samples

I'm still waiting for Batman Forever...

Karol - who thinks of getting something else along with next weeks' 1941

I've been thinking about that as well. I might finally snatch up Home Alone with that.

I remember somebody talking about how aweful it was.

The first couple of episodes are the roughest patch to get through, and last four episodes are a big improvement. I liked the show overall, and the problems it had could've been dealt with if it had a second season.

1941: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1179

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 3500 Units

ORDER "1941: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)" SEPT. 27th (1pm PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING SEPTEMBER 27th

RETAIL PRICE $29.98

La-La Land Records, in association with Sony Music and NBC Universal, presents the remastered and expanded 2-CD SET of Academy Award-Winning composer John Williams' (JAWS, BLACK SUNDAY, STAR WARS, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK) amazing score to the 1979 Universal Pictures and Columbia Pictures comedy spectacular 1941, starring Dan Aykroyd, Ned Beatty, John Belushi and Warren Oates, and directed by Steven Spielberg. Williams provides a delightful, full-on orchestra assault (featuring one of the most infectious marches ever written for film) to compliment this cult-classic's slapstick tapestry of WWII-era paranoia exploding in Hollywood. Produced by Mike Matessino, Didier C. Deutsch and Mark G. Wilder, remixed and assembled by Mike Matessino and mastered by Mark G. Wilder, this special release is expanded by more than 70 minutes with never-before-released music, including alternates and source cues. The original 1979 album presentation is also presented on disc 2, remastered. 1941 Re-issue producer Mike Matessino provides exclusive, in-depth liner notes. Limited Edition of 3500 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

THE FILM SCORE

1 "1941" Main Title 1:36

2 Chrissie Takes Another Swim** 4:38

3 Sub Commander / Wild Bill Kelso** 3:44

4 Donna's Obsession / Birkhead's Pitch** 2:59

5 Poppa's Got a Gun* 1:13

6 You Have Been Chosen / You, You, You* 2:11

7 Capture of Hollis / Kelso Lost* 3:08

8 The Crackerjack Box* 1:30

9 The Sentries** 2:17

10 The Escape of Hollis* 1:17

11 More About Donna* 1:02

12 The Count Down / Swing, Swing, Swing** 4:41

13 The Brannigan † 1:19

14 Here We Go 4:22

15 Kelso in Barstow** 3:42

16 Service Tunes* :50

17 Encounters* :56

18 Kelso's Attack / Deep inthe Heart of Texas** 3:15

19 Eat Lead* 2:48

20 Defending the Homeland* 1:46

21 Wally Saves Betty** 2:00

22 Sound Off / Stolen Motorcycle* 4:23

23 Ward's Big Gun* 1:45

24 Going My Way Sister* 2:08

25 More Kelso :59

26 Taking Aim* 1:10

27 The Ferris Wheel** †† 3:08

28 The Tank Approaches / Finale* 5:26

29 "1941" End Credits 6:18

Disc 1 Time: 77:08

DISC 2

THE 1979 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM

1 The March From "1941" 4:11

2 The Invasion 8:20

3 The Sentries 3:31

4 Riot at the U.S.O. † 1:18

5 To Hollywood and Glory 3:14

6 Swing, Swing, Swing 4:06

7 The Battle of Hollywood 5:39

8 The Ferris Wheel Sequence †† 1:29

9 Finale 6:16

Total 1979 Soundtrack Album: 38:26

SOURCE MUSIC

10 In the Mood 3:43 Music by Joe Garland and Andy Razaf; Arranged by Glenn Miller

Shapiro Bernstein & Co. Inc.

11 Jingle Bells* 2:59 Music by James Lord Pierpont

12 Down By the Ohio (Instrumental)* 3:57 Music by Abe Olman / Jack Yellen

Cromwell Music Inc / Jack Yellen Music

13 Play-Off* :15

14 Goodnight, Sweetheart* 1:42 Music by Ray Noble, Jimmy Campbell, Rudy Vallee, and Reg Connelly

EMI Robbins Catalog Inc

Total Source Music: 12:40

ADDITIONAL MUSIC

15 Promo Trailer* 2:30

16 Sub Commander / Wild Bill Kelso / Capture of Hollis (alternate)** 4:23

17 The Escape of Hollis (alternate)* 1:14

18 Kelso in Barstow (alternate)** 3:43

19 Defending the Homeland (alternate)* 1:06

20 Sound Off (alternate)* 2:41

21 More Kelso (alternate) :55

22 Finale (alternate)* 3:04

23 "1941" End Credits (alternate) 6:55

Total Additional Music: 25:54

Disc 2 Time: 78:06

* Previously unreleased.

** Contains previously unreleased material.

† Traditional, Based on "The Rakes Of Mallow," Arranged by John Williams.

†† Including "By the Beautiful Sea" Words: Harold R. Atteridge, Music: Harry Carroll; Published by Shapiro, Bernstein & Col, Inc.

Track 16 co-written with A. H. Miles and D. Savino; Track 18, written by D. Swander and J. Hershey; and Track 22 written by W.L. Duckworth.

THE CAPE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1185

Music by Bear McCreary

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

ORDER "THE CAPE" SEPT. 27th (1pm PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Bear McCreary at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

STARTS SHIPPING SEPTEMBER 27th

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Presenting the original soundtrack to the NBC Universal superhero television series THE CAPE, starring David Lyons, Keith David and Summer Glau. Acclaimed composer Bear McCreary (BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, HUMAN TARGET, THE WALKING DEAD, TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES) creates a robust, thrilling orchestral score in the grand tradition of the late, great Shirley Walker's superhero music (McCreary has sited Walker as a major influence on this score and has dedicated this album to her). Produced by Bear McCreary and mastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman Mastering, this 2-CD release, packed with exciting themes, also features a 16 page CD booklet with comments from McCreary and the show's creator, Tim Wheeler. This is a limited edition of 2000 units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1:

1. THE CAPE Main Title (0:49)

2. A New Day Ahead from "Pilot" (3:02)

3. The Death of Vince Faraday from "Pilot" (4:18)

4. The Carnival of Crime from "Pilot" (4:10)

5. The Greatest Circus Act That Ever Lived

from "Pilot" (6:32)

6. The Faraday Family from "Pilot" (2:00)

7. Confronting Chess from "Pilot" (6:16)

8. Gregor Molotov from "Kozmo" (2:59)

9. Asylum Fight from "The Lich, Part 2" (1:00)

10. Orwell's Dream from "The Lich, Part 2" (2:16)

11. Waltz for Raia from "Kozmo" (1:59)

12. Rube Goldberg Death Machine

from "Dice" (3:19)

13. Scales in the Cage

from "Scales on a Train" (1:53)

14. Cain from "Tarot" (2:52)

15. Scales from "Pilot" (1:49)

16. Unnatural Things from "Kozmo" (7:04)

17. Young Tracy from "Dice" (2:59)

18. Kitchen Battle from "Tarot" (4:46)

19. Casino Attack from "Dice" (2:27)

20. Justice Takes Time from "Kozmo" (3:42)

21. The Lich from "The Lich, Part 2" (3:30)

22. The Telepath Strikes from "Dice" (4:13)

23. Gregor the Great's Carnival of Fear

from "Kozmo" (5:56)

Total Time, Disc 1: 79:51

DISC 2:

1. Let's Just Pretend

From "The Lich, Part 2" (4:25)

Music and Lyrics by Brendan McCreary

Produced by Brendan McCreary and Bear McCreary

Performed by Young Beautiful in a Hurry

2. Sewing the Mask from "Tarot" (4:39)

3. Runaway Train from "Scales on a Train" (3:15)

4. Ghosts of Palm City from "The Lich, Part 1" (5:44)

5. Highwire Training from "Dice" (2:59)

6. Faradays are Fighters from "Tarot" (3:40)

7. Concerto for Tuba and Goggles

from "Goggles and Hicks" (3:15)

8. Attack of the Bumblebee

from "Goggles and Hicks" (2:15)

9. Opposite Sides from "Scales on a Train"

10. Two Weddings from "The Lich, Part 2" (4:12)

11. Brazil Nuts from "Scales on a Train" (4:47)

12. Kozmo from "Kozmo" (2:41)

13. Orwell's Recovery from "The Lich, Part 2" (1:48)

14. Scales Goes Rogues from "Scales on a Train" (4:55)

15. Rescuing Orwell from "The Lich, Part 2" (3:21)

16. The Cape Keeps Watch from "Tarot" (0:48)

BONUS TRACKS:

17. Jerry from "Goggles and Hicks" (1:44)

18. Outsmarting the Assassins

from "Goggles and Hicks" (1:34)

19. Trolley Park Amusements

from "Tarot" and "Scales on a Train" (2:27)

20. Palm Reading from "Dice" and "Kozmo" (2:27)

21. Portrait in Courage from "Tarot" (1:53)

22. The Dead Will Rise from "The Lich, Part 1" (6:21)

23. Out the Window from "Tarot" (2:36)

24. No Journey Too Far

from "Scales on a Train" (2:05)

25. ARK Corporation Theme Song

from "Pilot" (1:07)

26. Homeless Blues from "Kozmo" (1:11)

Total Time: Disc Two: 78:17

4 PM Eastern Time US/Canada (right?)

Right

Hmmm, okay can somebody sum it up please?

What are the hints so far that Hook is a likely score to be released in the next few months?

The only "hint" is that MV joked last year that 2010 wasn't the 20th anniversary of Hook (it was the 20th Anniversary of Home Alone).

In my interview with Mike Matessino he made a Hook reference and also mentioned that a new Williams release was coming soon, but MV posted on the FSM boards that Mike was NOT referring to Hook.

Hmmm, okay can somebody sum it up please?

What are the hints so far that Hook is a likely score to be released in the next few months?

The only "hint" is that MV joked last year that 2010 wasn't the 20th anniversary of Hook (it was the 20th Anniversary of Home Alone).

In my interview with Mike Matessino he made a Hook reference and also mentioned that a new Williams release was coming soon, but MV posted on the FSM boards that Mike was NOT referring to Hook.

Hmmmm, these "hints" are not very convincing.

I still think it could be anything.

Jay, you're losing it. MV hinted at Hook on at least two more occasions, without being instigated.

Here is 100% of the times MV has mentioned anything Hook related:

November 26th, 2010:

Man with Star Trek 5 being released this has made my year. I was hoping too that sometime or another one of the labels would release Home Alone's complete score is a nice addition. I don't mind Hook not being with this batch, I guess it's a matter of time. smile.gif

Remember, the 20th Anniversary of Home Alone comes before the 20th Anniversary of Hook. wink.gif

MV

September 8th, 2011:

Oh man how I wish I could attend this! I should have moved to LA years ago....

If LLL does this for Hook, I might just buy a plane ticket wink.gif

The Hook screening is gonna be - - - wait a second. You trying to trick me?

Why I oughtta. . .

MV

Which was immediately followed up with:

I take that was an anouncement of HOOK coming this year biggrin.gif

No, it was just a joke.

MV

And of course yesterday's

Check out my interview with Matessino on www.jwfan.com, where he drops a hint at the end that a new Williams release is coming soon.

Fingers crossed he was referring to Hook.

He wasn't. smile.gif

MV

I'm not saying LLL isn't working on Hook.... I'm just saying Matessino wasn't referring to it when he said a new Williams title was being announced soon.

Things get delayed all the time. Maybe when MV made that comment in November of last year he thought they could get Hook out by the end of this year, but now they can't.

Or maybe they aren't even working on it at all, and we are all reading too much into what MV says!

Links are now live

http://www.lalalandr...s.com/Cape.html

http://www.lalalandr...s.com/1941.html

I was order #41162. Hopefully I got an autographed copy of The Cape!

EDIT: at 4:22 MV posted this:

ALL AUTOGRAPHED COPIES OF THE CAPE ARE SOLD OUT

ORDER #'S 41149 - 41483

Cut off time: 1:19 pm

MV

EDIT: Got an email at 4:42 indicating my order had already shipped!

Bear signed an additional 60 copies because our webmaster was detained and could not post about the sold out autographs until 2 pm pst

So, order #s 41484 - 41630 will received signed booklets as well

MV

MV confirmed on FSM that they are indeed releasing Fall Of The Roman Empire, and its coming out early next year

Just to clear the air:

The Fall cd we currently have coming out will be limited to 2500 units and contains the original LP program remastered from the original tapes housed at Sony. Sadly, the complete score is nowhere to be found, but we did manage to put a few "bonus tracks" on this release. Notes are by Jeff Bond and art will be by Jim Titus. Its expected to be out 1st quarter 2012, as part of our countdown to our 200th release. It sounds awesome!

As a Tiomkin fan I cannot wait to get this new recording. I hear its magnificent. . .and complete! A must BUY!

MV

Source: http://filmscoremont...?threadID=83064

Let the speculation of what their 200th release is begin!