193 replies to this topic

#81 Trent Hoyt

Trent Hoyt

JLH Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:36 AM

I started collecting the new line of Star Wars Vintage figures. I buy about one a week and it's a fun little thing to look forward to. I'll post some pics when I get my new phone and get take pics with the camera.

#82 Hedji

Hedji

May the Lifelong Prosperous Force Be With You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2057 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:11 PM

I have one of those. They're pretty neat. But if I start collecting them, it will be a dark path for me.

#83 Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

This is an anatomically correct Bunny of Doom.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20142 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

I got vader, fett, 4Lomand bespin luke from ESB.

I plan to get DSII Luke, Clone cmdr cody and G. Grievous. If i can find them in stores...

I hope Episode III is Called 'Revenge of the Sith'

#84 Trent Hoyt

Trent Hoyt

JLH Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

I have one of those. They're pretty neat. But if I start collecting them, it will be a dark path for me.

Indeed, especially since they plan to keep the vintage line going for at least another year. At least the waves are very manageable. I think they've been doing about 5-6 figures per wave and they are on the 4th wave now. I haven't been collecting figures since about 2002 so I don't mind getting back into it.

#85 Hedji

Hedji

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2057 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

FINISHED!

I finally "completed" my lifesize Darth Vader. Began in 2005, with the helmet. Then all the individual costume pieces were added slowly over the past several years. A lot of the detail work was done by myself, but a lot of it was made by others. The components are from all over the world, with no two pieces made by the same source. I'm kinda proud of it, although there are others whose are even more accurate than mine.

Worked on the chestbox last night, after putting it off forever. I'd still call it a work in progress though. My next goal is to improve the arms with some kind of bendable wire inside to make it so I can pose the arms, and it won't look so stiff. Anyways, enjoy the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#86 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6046 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

Looks awesome. Nice work. It resembles the Vader they have on display at the Disney backlot tour AFI exhibit, only it lights up and has a lightsaber. So yours looks better.

#87 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31141 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

I think you like Star Wars a littttle too much.
"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#88 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17394 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

That's awesome...nice job!
Recently Purchased CDs:
1. Midway (Original Recording) - John Williams 2. Tchaikovsky: Symphonies 4-6 - Herbert Von Karajan and the Berliner Philharmonic 3. Williams: Violin and Flute Concerto - Leonard Slatkin and the London Symphony Orchestra 4. On the Town/Anchors Aweigh - Various

#89 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6046 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

I'd probably be a bit freaked out by that thing at night, paranoid it was going to come to life and kill me.

Hedji, you should set up an Energizer Bunny next to him.

#90 Hedji

Hedji

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2057 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

Oh, it is eerie. First time I put it up, it did seem like there was another person in the room. It has startled plenty of friends and family members.

#91 Trent Bennett

Trent Bennett

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12992 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

Awesome work Hedji! That's one of my goals is to get a life size Darth Vader built. All though I may pony up and just buy the Rubies Revenge Of The Sith costume which is like $700.
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name......Enterprise." - Captain Picard

#92 Datameister

Datameister

Stab me with socks in Chicago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10099 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

I think you like Star Wars a littttle too much.

I think you like Star Wars a little too little. ;)

Hedji, it looks fantastic. I could never see myself building Vader like that, but I've undertaken some similarly detail-oriented fan projects, so I can relate.

#93 Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20142 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

hedji it looks great :)

the lightsaber in the hilt, it is correct?

i dont recall seeing it clearly in the films for darth vader, but other people have the part where the blade extends from, pointing downwards.

#94 Trent Bennett

Trent Bennett

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12992 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

Luke,

The way how he has Vader's saber is correct. Go watch Star Wars when Vader first makes his appearance you'll see his saber is hanging that way. He has it hanging that way in the OT.
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name......Enterprise." - Captain Picard

#95 Hedji

Hedji

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2057 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

Yep, it must be a "Sith thing". ;)

Trent, the Rubies is a good starting point. You can usually find one complete for maybe $500. I know a lot of people who have done that and modified or replaced pieces they wanted to improve.

Thanks for the positive comments, guys! (Y)

#96 guest

Supreme Something Something

• Members
  • 31070 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:21 AM

To quote the man himself.....

"Impressive, most impressive."

bowdown

#97 Trent Hoyt

Trent Hoyt

JLH Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

That's some awesome work Hedji!

(Y)

#98 Hedji

Hedji

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2057 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

Thanks, guys. :)

#99 Jay

Jay

• Administrators
  • 32146 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Very well done sir!

#100 artyjeffrey

artyjeffrey

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:55 AM

That Vader is beautiful. I love that the helmet is a "New Hope" version. I have a couple of Vader helmets, but none as accurate as that one.

My secret, shameful goal is to one day build my own Threepio. It could happen, it could happen....

#101 Hedji

Hedji

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2057 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

Thanks again. (I'm a bit ashamed I posted the photo with one of the belt boxes upside down!)

Jeff, a Threepio would be amazing, I agree. I'd love an R2-D2, but they are crazy bucks. There's a whole R2 Builders club that does real working R2's that are insane in their detail and functions.

eFX Collectibles will be releasing a Vader ANH helmet that is likely to be the most accurate ever. Don't know if I will feel like selling mine and trading up. It's likely to be quite expensive. Sigh.

#102 Mr. Breathmask

Mr. Breathmask

Do the Han Dance!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17784 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

I own every issue of Suske en Wiske from number 67 onwards (about 250 albums).

Marc = best MB dutchie ever!

#103 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64500 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Used to love them, but they seriously declined about 15 years ago.

#104 Mr. Breathmask

Mr. Breathmask

Do the Han Dance!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17784 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

Yeah. There have been some decent albums since. Marc Verhaegen was just getting into his groove when he got fired for wanting to do an album set in a concentration camp (which would have been a pretty ballsy move). These days, they're mostly just fluff. I suppose that's what you get when you hire guys that used to draw for Studio 100. The reduced storylength isn't helping matters either.

I'm currently rereading the entire series. I've just passed the introduction of Jerom. Vandersteen's stuff is awesome.

Marc = best MB dutchie ever!

#105 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9508 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

Rubber dinosaurs, fossils, dices, spinning tops, some absurd stuff.

#106 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31141 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

Don't know where else to put this, so I'll say it here.

I just restored my iPod. As some may have realized, I've been slowly reconfiguring my music collection and such (looking at headphones and speakers, etc.)

My plan was to reimport all my music in Apple Lossless, and store it all on a new external HD. Then I would manually manage my music, keeping all non-score music on my iPod, and listening to all my scores on my computer.

Sounded like a great plan, albeit a very long and tedious one, until I realized the 600-something CDs that my brother owns are on the other side of the country. :lol:

So I'm gonna ditch that lossless plan and stick with my mp3s. Although I'll probably try and go through and see which ones are in anything less than 256, because I know quite a few are in 160.
"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#107 Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20142 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

So, you collect lossy mp3s then?

That's sick! :lol:

#108 guest

• Members
  • 31070 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

For my iPod & computer, I've converted all my files to MP3 @ 192 kbps.

#109 Trent Bennett

Trent Bennett

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12992 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

With my girlfriend being into Star Wars and some other things and I being into Star Trek and Star Wars, she said our place is gonna be littered with collections from both of us. We both laughed at the thought but we don't mind it. The fact that we can share the same thing we love is awesome.

She's built herself a full custom Mandalorian and Sith costumes. She wants to get those displayed on mannequins when ever she doesn't go costuming. Which is fine with me and one of these days my ultimate goal is to get a life size Vader built. I'll most likely buy the Rubies Supreme Edition Vader costume, the Revenge Of The Sith one. I'm not too keen on it making it look accurate. It if it looks good enough for me then that's fine with me. I won't be costuming in it but I just want a life size display of him.

Another thing too my girlfriend told me when we get married she would love for me to get my costume made which will be a mixture of Sith / Jedi and I would love to also.

#110 guest

• Members
  • 31070 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

I'm about to undertake my biggest challenge, as I finally begin building my model railroad layout this summer.

No more carpet central.

#111 Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20142 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

i was kidding to koray.. just in case...

#112 guest

• Members
  • 31070 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

I know.

#113 Trent Bennett

Trent Bennett

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12992 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

I'm about to undertake my biggest challenge, as I finally begin building my model railroad layout this summer.

No more carpet central.

:thumbup:

Good luck with that.

Oh ya another thing we'll have around our place is some models built by me. Mostly for Star Trek and Star Wars. I want to get back into model building but I'll wait until after we're married.

#114 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Your Day WIll Come

• Members
  • 31141 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

i was kidding to koray.. just in case...

It's alright, I understood. lol

#115 Hedji

Hedji

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2057 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

Trent, that sounds great that your lady is into similar stuff. It's nice that you both can enjoy some geekdom together.

As for models, you should check out some of the incredible studio scale replicas some of these people do.

Here's an example of a nice refit Enterprise.

I think the Rubies Vader is a fine start! There's nothing quite like the eerie feeling of having the Lord of the Sith standing in the room with you.

#116 Trent Bennett

Trent Bennett

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12992 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:07 AM

Trent, that sounds great that your lady is into similar stuff. It's nice that you both can enjoy some geekdom together.

As for models, you should check out some of the incredible studio scale replicas some of these people do.

Here's an example of a nice refit Enterprise.

I think the Rubies Vader is a fine start! There's nothing quite like the eerie feeling of having the Lord of the Sith standing in the room with you.

Ya I got lucky with Dawn the fact that we nearly have everything in common. It's great that she loves Star Wars too, all though Star Trek not so much but she tolorates it because I like it.

For studio scale replicas...way out of my price range and for building stuff like that I don't have the skills like most of those guys do, especially when it comes to lighting.

Here's links to some models I built YEARS ago when I still lived in Vegas. The Voyager model that I built and renamed I gave to my friend Kevin, since years ago he served in the Navy and on the U.S.S. Stennis. He even still has it to this day.

I don't have the others any more as they broke after falling off my shelves too much, or me playing with them back then. Actually the only one I surprisingly still have is the Defiant (DS9) which I plan to strip down one day and repaint.

I've got the Round 2 re-issue of the Enterprise-C on pre-order (2 of them) and plan to get the Round 2 re-issues of the Enterprise-B, D, E, Reliant, Klingon Bird Of Prey and 1/350th Enterprise-A as well. I recently scored an old ERTL Excelsior kit from ebay that was sealed as well as the 1/350th NX-01 Enterprise. All though the NX-01 is not sealed but the parts are and that's okay by me. I also want to get all the other older kits too so I can build them again and keep them displayed.

U.S.S. Stennis
http://culttvman.com/main/?p=10192

U.S.S. Voyager
http://www.starshipm...ery4/tb_vgr.htm

Out Of The Box Reliant
http://culttvman.com/main/?p=10253

Klingon Bird Of Prey
http://culttvman.com/main/?p=10831

The old light and sound Enterprise-A
http://culttvman.com/main/?p=9484

U.S.S. Yamaguchi
http://www.starshipm...ry4/tb_yama.htm

Enterprise-C
http://www.starshipm...ery4/t_entc.htm

Enterprise-D
http://www.starshipm...ery4/t_entd.htm

Enterprise-E
http://www.starshipm...ery4/t_ente.htm

I'll admit my crown jewels were the Enterprise-D, Stennis and Voyager. I painted those when I was still in high school, didn't quite like the way how they turned out back then. This time when I do get back into building models again, I'll be taking more time, adding more detail and such.

#117 king mark

king mark

Supreme Priestmaster of JWfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25531 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

I just bought the Kotoyubika Boba Fett

http://store.kotous....tfx-statue.html

I'm trying to tone down the geekiness of my apartment, so I keep movie figures down to one shefcase, and only kept my favorite figs

I might get the Bespin TESB Vader from the same series

#118 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6046 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:25 AM

Vader's helmet looks weird there. Like it's smushed in.

My favorite Vader statue is the Kenner Cinemacast released in the 90s. Lucas had it behind him during interviews for the Special Editions.

#119 Trent Bennett

Trent Bennett

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12992 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

I just bought the Kotoyubika Boba Fett

I'm trying to tone down the geekiness of my apartment, so I keep movie figures down to one shefcase, and only kept my favorite figs

I might get the Bespin TESB Vader from the same series

Thanks for the links. I'm gonna buy the Boba one for Dawn. She's a big Boba Fett fan and I think she'll love that.

#120 king mark

king mark

Supreme Priestmaster of JWfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25531 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:43 AM

Thanks for the links. I'm gonna buy the Boba one for Dawn. She's a big Boba Fett fan and I think she'll love that.

It's very well detailed with a super paint job .But it's only 8 inches high.

Here's my current geek shelf.A bit from Alien, Lost in Space, Star Wars, Harry Potter,LotR...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users