1143 replies to this topic

#761 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17657 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

Eh, pretty standard action trailer. But then again this franchise has never had very good trailers, so I am hopeful.

And cool to hear the chant that I contributed to. I expect to receive a screen credit. ;)
For updates on a new CD/short film featuring brand new concert works by John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Randy Newman, Don Davis and Bruce Broughton, "like" this facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers

#762 Delorean90

Delorean90

No, it's just a coincidence.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3273 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

Call me crazy, but it sounds like this is all original music--whether for the trailer specifically, or selections from the score. Sounds like a pretty decent development of the previous material. We'll see how this goes.

#763 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9685 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

The cinematography is looking very cool. So far my favourite look of the three films.

#764 hornist

hornist

.Next One Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5043 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Why in the world the trailers has to look(and sound) all the same?????

The trailers are so standard form that most of them are just annoying...

#765 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

Rather Lovely Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32291 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

They've all been incepted. The fad will pass just like Lux Aeterna did.
"Close Encounters to me is as good a piece of concert music as the 20th century has produced. Everybody fixates on... the Superman fanfare, or Star Wars - Main Theme, or the Raiders March. It's what happens after that, it's not the big popular hook where you go: 'My God John Williams is a genius.' Y'know it's the stuff which is maybe less hooky and less hummable, but is great art." - Hans Zimmer

#766 Jay

Jay

And don't you forget it!

• Administrators
  • 34712 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Wow, looks awesome.

I'm genuinely curious why Bane apparently cripples Batman but lets him live. Also, is Joseph Gordon Levitt playing some kind of Nolan version of Robin? Bummer no sexy shots of Hathaway in full Catwoman gear. I can understand what Bane is saying this time. New vehicles look cool. I'm excited!

gI98WBK.jpg

#767 crocodile

crocodile

A part-time Horner apologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15697 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hey, it actually looks good.

Karol
Films On Wax

"Modern, serious music has become embroiled in an intellectual discussion that has no place in music. Certainly, the great composer of the past were geniuses and used their intellect, but only to serve their emotions and guide their craft. Not to dictate to them what they should or shouldn't write" - Michael Kamen, 1995

#768 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20762 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

It's neat seeing Hines Ward scamper across the football field as it collapses behind him amid the explosions. I can see at least three other places where I know that I'm seeing Pittsburgh: JGL on the bridge beside the school bus, any scenes on the marble steps in front of one of CMU's buildings, and when the "not a car" takes off at the very end of the trailer, the letters "UPMC" are seen plain as day on the top side of the triangular USX tower that it flies over. I'm very puzzled why they kept those intact.

At Jay's genuine curiosity:
Spoiler

#769 Matt C

Matt C

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2722 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Excellent trailer. I was hoping the third trailer would focus a bit more on Hathaway's Catwoman, but all her new scenes and dialogue are fantastic. I know some people didn't like it, but I loved that last scene between Batman and Catwoman in the Bat:

"My mother warned about getting into cars with strange men."
"This isn't a car."
*flies off*

#770 Jay

Jay

And don't you forget it!

• Administrators
  • 34712 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

That was a great scene ruined by Bale's Bat-voice. It's too-much, I was hoping he'd tone it down

gI98WBK.jpg

#771 lonzoe

lonzoe

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Well, the new Dark Knight Trailer is out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

So tempting. But I'll wait to see it with the Avengers. Assuming the trailer will play with The Avengers at my local theater.

#772 Wojo

Wojo

Who?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20762 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

That was a great scene ruined by Bale's Bat-voice. It's too-much, I was hoping he'd tone it down

At this point, there'd be no point. Two movies have been ruined by his voice, why "save" the third?

#773 Matt C

Matt C

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2722 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

He sounds more toned-down altogether in TDKR. His Bat-voice was much too growly in TDK.

#774 Jay

Jay

And don't you forget it!

• Administrators
  • 34712 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Right, and in that scene at the end of this trailer it was even growly-er!

gI98WBK.jpg

#775 Joey

Joey

Ho No she didn't.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25231 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

at least you can understand Batman, Bane's voice is even more annoying.
If it isn't high concept the it's not worth watching believed the pseudo superior one.

#776 Jay

Jay

And don't you forget it!

• Administrators
  • 34712 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

I thought Bane's voice was actually easy to understand this time, compared to the prologue

gI98WBK.jpg

#777 Delorean90

Delorean90

No, it's just a coincidence.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3273 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

I never watched the prologue, but I haven't had any trouble understanding Bane in any of the trailers. As to the Batvoice, I seem to recall reading that they did some digital effects on Bale's voice for TDK. I recall his voice in Begins being a bit more under control. I absolutely freakin' love "Do I look like a cop?"

#778 Matt C

Matt C

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2722 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Bale's Bat voice seems more back to the BB days, than the overly growly, I-need-a-throat-lozenge TDK voice.

#779 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6526 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Bale doesn't have a good voice for Batman to begin with. Compare to Keaton, the classic animated series dude and even Adam West in the context of that universe. Just awesome. Even if he wasn't doing that lisping strep throat thing, I don't think he could find a way to generate a good Bat voice.

#780 Matt C

Matt C

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2722 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Bale doesn't have a good voice for Batman to begin with. Compare to Keaton, the classic animated series dude and even Adam West in the context of that universe. Just awesome. Even if he wasn't doing that lisping strep throat thing, I don't think he could find a way to generate a good Bat voice.

Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney didn't even try to make their Batman voices different than Bruce Wayne's, which is worse than even trying too hard. Kevin Conroy (the voice actor you mentioned) nailed the dual tones of the character to a T.

#781 Neimoidian

Neimoidian

You know my name

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3867 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I've never had any nor understood the issues many have with Bale's Batman voice.I wonder it that has anything to do with the fact English is not my native language. I find his voice either natural or as Batman absolutely fine.

#782 crocodile

crocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15697 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

It's exaggerated, as anything on the internet.

Are you going to Kraków this year btw?

Karol
Films On Wax

"Modern, serious music has become embroiled in an intellectual discussion that has no place in music. Certainly, the great composer of the past were geniuses and used their intellect, but only to serve their emotions and guide their craft. Not to dictate to them what they should or shouldn't write" - Michael Kamen, 1995

#783 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16404 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I think you're exaggerating.

PrincessLeia_zps735e1986.png

#784 Neimoidian

Neimoidian

You know my name

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3867 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Are you going to Kraków this year btw?

Karol

Unfortunately, I am not. I would love to meet Goldenthal and attend his concerts, but instead I am going to UK for a wedding of my cousin. :|

#785 crocodile

crocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15697 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

That's too bad... Maybe you can persuade your cousin not to marry then? You'll save him/her a lot of grief in life and you'll get a chance to be there. It's a win-win situation.

Smart kid.

Karol
Films On Wax

#786 Neimoidian

Neimoidian

You know my name

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3867 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

That's too bad... Maybe you can persuade your cousin not to marry then? You'll save him/her a lot of grief in life and you'll get a chance to be there. It's a win-win situation.

So far her (future) marriage has brought me a lot of grief (for my eventual absence in Kraków), therefore I hope it's going to be a happy marriage then. Otherwise I'll be very annoyed. :P

#787 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16404 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Smart kid.

Karol

Thank you.

PrincessLeia_zps735e1986.png

#788 KK.

KK.

Gandalf the Flasher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8199 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

My two cents on the trailer. I personally loved it, and it really has me excited for the film. My only issue is that final shot/sequence with the yet again improved batmobile (or whatever it is). The way the punch line was delivered and way the whole thing played, it seemed much more like something that you'd find in the Marvel universe instead of Nolan's films. But other than that, it was epic!

Also, while I at first did not like the Bat voice, I think people are really blowing the issue out of proportions. It's perfectly fine and pretty realistic too. When you have a movie with big expectations, people will complain about anything.

#789 Drax

Drax

ゴジラ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14926 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Like the trailer.

I'm watching Batman Begins at the moment. Does anyone else think these two movies are a bit geographically and aesthetically inconsistent? In the first film, we've got that slum island section of Gotham and that CGI railway system, but that's all gone in the second film. Looks like there's still a bit of a fantasy element in BB, but TDK eliminates those with no evidence of their existence.

#790 chuckster312

chuckster312

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney didn't even try to make their Batman voices different than Bruce Wayne's, which is worse than even trying too hard. Kevin Conroy (the voice actor you mentioned) nailed the dual tones of the character to a T.

Diedrich Bader makes a decent Batman voice too.

#791 Neimoidian

Neimoidian

You know my name

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3867 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Like the trailer.

I'm watching Batman Begins at the moment. Does anyone else think these two movies are a bit geographically and aesthetically inconsistent? In the first film, we've got that slum island section of Gotham and that CGI railway system, but that's all gone in the second film. Looks like there's still a bit of a fantasy element in BB, but TDK eliminates those with no evidence of their existence.

hence

You're totally right, but that really doesn't bother me at all. Actually, I have never been fond of BB and keep forgeting it's the same universe that is in TDK.

#792 paleo

paleo

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Like the trailer.

Yep, I noticed that too... interestingly not really the first time I watched Dark Knight. I do miss the more fantastic version of Gotham, though; it shouldn't be like every other American City IMO

#793 Red

Red

Youngster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10705 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Like the trailer.

That's not exactly the case. The monorail actually is in TDK in a few wide shots of Gotham, but it's more of a cameo. The Narrows isn't there because it was all but destroyed in Begins. The mainland of Gotham, which in both films is essentially Chicago, is the same between the films, even though there are some stylistic differences with the cinematography and other things. I don't think it's accurate at all to say that there are no sci-fi or fantasy elements in TDK when we're talking about a film with a guy in a bat-suit, Two-Face, and a giant sonar machine.
Do you like John Williams? His early work was a little too jazzy for my taste, but when Jaws came out in '75 I really think he came into his own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and an air of consummate professionalism that really gives the pieces a big boost. He's been compared to Jerry Goldsmith but I think John has a far more leitmotif-driven style of composing. In '82 John composed this, E.T., his most accomplished album to date. I think his undisputed masterpiece is "The Magic of Halloween", a theme so catchy most people don't listen to what it means. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of childhood and the importance of friendship, it's also a personal statement about the man himself. Hey Paul!
- Patrick Bateman on the Maestro

John Takis' Complete Hook Analysis

#794 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9685 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Like the trailer.

That's not exactly the case. The monorail actually is in TDK in a few wide shots of Gotham, but it's more of a cameo. The Narrows isn't there because it was all but destroyed in Begins. The mainland of Gotham, which in both films is essentially Chicago, is the same between the films, even though there are some stylistic differences with the cinematography and other things. I don't think it's accurate at all to say that there are no sci-fi or fantasy elements in TDK when we're talking about a film with a guy in a bat-suit, Two-Face, and a giant sonar machine.

Each one has its own conscious deviations from reality, in the form of gadgets etc. TDKR is going to have a cool one, by the way ;) The setting is the same with different colour palettes (orange, blue, white).

#795 crocodile

crocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15697 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

A veeeeeeeery weak new poster.

Now that's lazy.

Karol
Films On Wax

#796 Quintus

Quintus

Grandiose Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29137 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Another movie whose hype and promo I'm ignoring.

#797 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9685 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

TDK had some very cool posters, what's going on here?

#798 Ro Sajooc

Ro Sajooc

Utinni!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1278 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm agree, The Dark Knight posters are better than this :)
"You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it."

- Garth (aka Fedora)

#799 Jay

Jay

And don't you forget it!

• Administrators
  • 34712 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

I think its pretty cool >shrug<

gI98WBK.jpg

#800 crocodile

crocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15697 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

It looks like this:

Posted Image

on top of that:

Posted Image

Karol
Films On Wax

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Movie Talk, 2012 Films, Christopher Nolan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users