Photo

War Horse Original Soundtrack - Tracklist (Spoilers noted inside)

War Horse OST

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34382 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

1. Dartmoor, 1912 (3:35)

zNlRTkr.jpg

#2 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68110 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

Shortest Williams CD ever!

qyjpO0k_zpsfc8aeaaf.png

#3 Neimoidian

Neimoidian

You know my name

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3867 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

They are going to release it via iTunes only.

#4 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • 34382 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

I will post each new track as I am sent them

zNlRTkr.jpg

#5 Romão

Romão

Benfiquista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9498 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

I've been to Dartmoor. It's absolutely wonderful.

This seems to be similar to Far and Away's first track, "County Galway, June 1892"
The Keyboard is mightier than the sword

#6 EhTar

EhTar

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

I think I shall abandon other forums to only come here now ! :drool:
I met John Williams in Barbican Center, London (UK) on June the 30th 1996. Terrific LSO concert.
I got my cover from Always signed by the god of music, who was very pleased by my choice. Posted Image

#7 Sandor

Sandor

Member since 1999..!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3908 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

This seems to be similar to Far and Away's first track, "County Galway, June 1892"

Oh God I hope so.
Posted Image

#8 SF1_freeze

SF1_freeze

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Amazing, thanks to whoever is nice enough sending Jason the tracktitles and thanks to Jason for posting it :)

#9 fommes

fommes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5881 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Less is moor!

#10 Sandor

Sandor

Member since 1999..!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3908 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

BTW - Jason, really thank you for sharing the information you got on the board these past couple of months. Really appreciated. :)
Posted Image

#11 fommes

fommes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5881 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

This just in: it seems that this tracklist was not yet finalized, and the European release will drop the Dartmoor track. This leaves us with only 0 tracks. What's more, the last track will be a reprise of the first!

#12 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9683 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

This just in: it seems that this tracklist was not yet finalized, and the European release will drop the Dartmoor track. This leaves us with only 0 tracks. What's more, the last track will be a reprise of the first!

It sounds like a great listening experience.

#13 Incanus

Incanus

The One True John Williams Believer, Keeper of the Faith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts
  • Location:Finland the fierce land of polar bears and penguins

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

Yay! One track title revealed, x to go! :)

Ars superior est vita hominum.

"We pop out and come into the world and music is there. We didn't invent it - it's all organised in the atmosphere by divinity or whatever. It's a miracle." - John Williams-

I think music is a stream of some kind. It could be blood. It could be water. It could be ether. Whatever it is it seems to be a living, organic force that’s in motion, that serves humanity and is part of humanity and part of what describes us as humans. We sing, play, dance, all the things that we do. And there is a vibrant and great literature we have been given. ... As musicians, we join the stream. We swim in the stream with all the other millions of music makers. It’s a life force, a strong one, surrounding us and we are part of it. -John Williams-

#14 Jacob

Jacob

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

I will post each new track as I am sent them

I'm imagining some dark back room with a telegraph and each track being relayed one character at a time, days apart.

*first message*

*second message*
<full stop>

*third message*
<space>

*fourth message*
D

#15 Quintus

Quintus

Grandest Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28655 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image

#16 Josh500

Josh500

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9682 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

Hmmmm.

I wonder whether this is gonna be the main theme, or a prologue kind of thing, or what.

Or maybe "Sierra Leone, 1839"? :P

#17 MissPadmé

MissPadmé

Can it be done?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2260 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

Or.. "South America, 1936" .. of course ;)
________________________________________________________________________________
Brink: I don't care if you have to cut off my hand, just don't leave me to die here!
Maggie Robbins: Don't be so dramatic Brink; nobody is going to cut off your hand.
Boston Low: Don't make promises you might not be able to keep Maggie

#18 Josh500

Josh500

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9682 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

OR "The Early Days, Massapequa, 1957." ;)

I think Dartmoor has to be good, just because every one of these tracks is fantastic!

#19 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

OR "The Early Days, Massapequa, 1957." ;)

I think Dartmoor has to be good, just because every one of these tracks is fantastic!

Infallible logic my friend. Infallible.

"We pop out and come into the world and music is there. We didn't invent it - it's all organised in the atmosphere by divinity or whatever. It's a miracle." - John Williams-

I think music is a stream of some kind. It could be blood. It could be water. It could be ether. Whatever it is it seems to be a living, organic force that’s in motion, that serves humanity and is part of humanity and part of what describes us as humans. We sing, play, dance, all the things that we do. And there is a vibrant and great literature we have been given. ... As musicians, we join the stream. We swim in the stream with all the other millions of music makers. It’s a life force, a strong one, surrounding us and we are part of it. -John Williams-

#20 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17595 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:19 AM

Hey Jason, if any tracks include spoilers in them could you please tag them? I'd hate to see "The War Horse's Noble End" listed. Thanks!

:lol:
For updates on a new CD/short film featuring brand new concert works by John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Randy Newman, Don Davis and Bruce Broughton, "like" this facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers

#21 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • 34382 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

2. The Auction (3:43)

zNlRTkr.jpg

#22 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Wohoo! Another one! That's over 7 minutes combined with the track 1. :P
I wonder how long the OST is going to be.

#23 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68110 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

3 Picking Pockets (2:30)

qyjpO0k_zpsfc8aeaaf.png

#24 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

Yeah cross over bonus track.

I imagine many Bothans died to bring us this information.

#25 fommes

fommes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5881 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

#26 Josh500

Josh500

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9682 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

Bwaahaha.

These Sony Classical guys really need to lay off the hard drugs. :lol:

2 The Auction (3:43)

Huh.

I can't even imagine what this is gonna sound like...

Has JW ever scored an auction before? Well, there was the Slave Auction in Amistad... and wasn't there also an auction scene in Far and Away?

#27 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Huh.

I can't even imagine what this is gonna sound like...

Has JW ever scored an auction before? Well, there was the Slave Auction in Amistad... and wasn't there also an auction scene in Far and Away?

:lol: Yes this is exactly the way to go when trying to imagine how JW scores his upcoming films? How did he do it before? How did he score his last hernia scene? What about the letter writing scenes in the movies in the last 20 years?

#28 Josh500

Josh500

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9682 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

You are taking things way too seriously. Just because I don't use a ;) every time doesn't mean I am not half joking...

#29 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

Do you not know that JW and his music are a serious thing? VERY SERIOUS! And note the lack of smileys, hence this is a serious post. I am being very serious.

#30 Josh500

Josh500

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9682 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

So "The Auction"... what comes to your mind?

#31 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

Something with slight suspence followed by a sense of triumph and relief, use of the main theme for the horse and the boy as they meet each other for the first time.

#32 TownerFan

TownerFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3807 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Has JW ever scored an auction before?

"The Robot Auction" from Star Wars.

#33 Romão

Romão

Benfiquista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9498 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

We all love JW's "auction tracks", like The Asteroid Field or Belly of the Steel Beast :)
The Keyboard is mightier than the sword

#34 fommes

fommes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5881 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

:rimshot:

#35 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • 34382 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hey Jason, if any tracks include spoilers in them could you please tag them? I'd hate to see "The War Horse's Noble End" listed. Thanks!

LOL - if anyone thinks the movie will end with the horse still alive then I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly, if you want to avoid spoilers about the movie I'd probably recommend staying out of this thread entirely.... every track title tells you a little more about the movie.

Listening to the CD before you see the movie while knowing the titles means you might know what's about to happen if you recognize the music starting to play.

zNlRTkr.jpg

#36 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

So Jason, have more Bothans died yet to bring us more track titles? ;)

#37 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • 34382 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

Not yet.

I just wanted to be clear that the guy is only giving them to me one at a time, and I post here as soon as he does. This isn't the case where he's already sent me the whole list, and I'm only posting them here one at a time. I wouldn't do that.

zNlRTkr.jpg

#38 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Yeah I got that impression from your posts. But you can't blame us of not being excited about this stuff. These are exciting times and your contributions make it even more exciting! :)

#39 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • 34382 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Bah. Instead of revealing a new track title today, he's decided to reveal the number of tracks instead.

The War Horse OST will have 16 tracks.

zNlRTkr.jpg

#40 Incanus

Incanus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17384 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

14 exciting track titles to go! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users