16 replies to this topic

#1 Melange

Melange

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5465 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Does anyone know where some can be found?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-16250808

Melange - Glutton for punishment, reading the news :(

#2 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64500 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

waste of good mutton!

#3 Datameister

Datameister

Stab me with socks in Chicago

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10099 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

Let me know if you find some.

#4 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17393 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

This is absolutely awful. Poor sheep. :(
Recently Purchased CDs:
1. Midway (Original Recording) - John Williams 2. Tchaikovsky: Symphonies 4-6 - Herbert Von Karajan and the Berliner Philharmonic 3. Williams: Violin and Flute Concerto - Leonard Slatkin and the London Symphony Orchestra 4. On the Town/Anchors Aweigh - Various

#5 Wojo

Wojo

If God was a villain, he would have been a Lannister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19855 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Let me know if you find some.

Forget about what the man did for a living and what conditions placed him into the situation in which he received his life-ending injuries. Those details are unpopular enough to not merit debate.

If you take this story at face value -- widowed mother living in a single room of her parents' home with no home of her own -- this story restores my faith in humanity.
http://www.khq.com/s...ith-a-new-house

#6 Docteur Qui

Docteur Qui

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3703 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

I'm sorry, as depressing a story as that was, I'm sick to death of the phrases "losing/restoring faith in humanity". People have and always will had evil tendencies. But people have and always will have the capacity for genuine goodness. I'd worry if my view on humanity constantly shifted on the whim of news articles.

#7 Melange

Melange

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5465 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'd worry if my view on humanity constantly shifted on the whim of news articles.

Well yes I was being a bit dramatic with my choice of words. With the post I was referring more to that specific incident, than a sweeping view of humanity.

In the last month I've experienced both the best and worst of humanity in another country, to know that there are all sorts of characters out there.

#8 Docteur Qui

Docteur Qui

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3703 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a swipe at you, I just find a lot of people throw the phrase around a lot without really thinking about it. It automatically lessens the intended impact when people are losing faith in humanity because the US Congress pass a silly law categorising pizza as a vegetable, or Nickelback release a new album.

#9 hornist

hornist

.Next One Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4974 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

I lost my mind when the Congress pass a law making pizza as a vegetable.

#10 Richard Penna

Richard Penna

Somewhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9314 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

Very sad indeed that some people just don't think about the consequences like this.

waste of good mutton!

Is there any bad news that you don't respond to with some joke? Not many people would've been amused by your riot comments either...

#11 Stefancos

Stefancos

• Members
  • 64500 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Millions of sheep are killed for our nutritional needs every year. It's the sole reason why they aren't on the endangered species list, because they are useful for us.

The fact that they are cute and soft when alive is irrelevant. They look delicious in my grill!

I'll try not to make a joke after news of your eventual death reaches us. Caused by your bleeding heart over some baby seal beaten to death by a guy with a claw hammer.

#12 Melange

Melange

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5465 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

I anticipated a - "Well they've already got a death sentence anyway, so what's the problem?" kind of answer would come in response to the article, and it is certainly very true that they are owned and raised purely with the intention of using various parts of the animal when alive or once killed. For most readers of the article though, the point is how it seems somebody got a kick out of running into animals with a vehicle for the fun of it and must have known full well the carnage of suffering they had left behind in doing so. For me that is the issue here. I simply can't relate to any thrill somebody would get out of doing that. It's a mystery to me.

#13 Blumen Cohlsman

Blumen Cohlsman

John Williams's Shrink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9096 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

I anticipated a - "Well they've already got a death sentence anyway, so what's the problem?" kind of answer would come in response to the article, and it is certainly very true that they are owned and raised purely with the intention of using various parts of the animal when alive or once killed. For most readers of the article though, the point is how it seems somebody got a kick out of running into animals with a vehicle for the fun of it and must have known full well the carnage of suffering they had left behind in doing so. For me that is the issue here. I simply can't relate to any thrill somebody would get out of doing that. It's a mystery to me.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't like boobs. But apparently Steef is an ass man.

Some people are just wired insane.

#14 Richard Penna

Richard Penna

Somewhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9314 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

I'll try not to make a joke after news of your eventual death reaches us. Caused by your bleeding heart over some baby seal beaten to death by a guy with a claw hammer.

Thank you for that...

#15 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17393 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

The worst part is that many of the sheep weren't killed, they were just put in a state of extreme pain for hours. Seeing animals in pain is just about the worst sight you could see.
Recently Purchased CDs:
1. Midway (Original Recording) - John Williams 2. Tchaikovsky: Symphonies 4-6 - Herbert Von Karajan and the Berliner Philharmonic 3. Williams: Violin and Flute Concerto - Leonard Slatkin and the London Symphony Orchestra 4. On the Town/Anchors Aweigh - Various

#16 Stefancos

Stefancos

• Members
  • 64500 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

I agree.

#17 Omen II

Omen II

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Click here:

http://www.savethemanatee.org/

It certainly restored my faith in huge manatees.

:peepwall:
His mouth is full of bees!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users