289 replies to this topic

#81 Goldsmithfan

Goldsmithfan

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Then it should have just had him and the words John Williams on the front.

Sort of like this, then?

Posted Image

If I could count the number of times I've spilled my seed to that image... Ah, memories.

#82 MissPadmé

MissPadmé

Can it be done?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2260 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well of course either the Album re-issue or the Ultimate Edition Re-issue.

________________________________________________________________________________
Brink: I don't care if you have to cut off my hand, just don't leave me to die here!
Maggie Robbins: Don't be so dramatic Brink; nobody is going to cut off your hand.
Boston Low: Don't make promises you might not be able to keep Maggie

#83 king mark

king mark

Supreme Priestmaster of JWfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25967 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

Wow, you realized Sony Classical has not improved in a decade as far as releasing soundtracks properly

#84 Alexander

Alexander

Air conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1853 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

:D

#85 ZackR

ZackR

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Not interested. At all.

Dear Sony,

Please bring on someone like Mike Matessino or Lukas Kendall or someone from LLL who knows how to do these things. Just contract the work out to them and you release it. Please? You'd have my money immediately.

#86 Richard Penna

Richard Penna

Somewhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

They just can't be bothered with pleasing a few thousand music fans. More money is made elsewhere.

#87 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6263 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hey, Darth Maul is blue, right? Why is he red on the new cover...

Good catch with the Clone Wars thing. That is precisely why they're hyping Darth Maul. Holy ****, look at this cross-promotion:
http://www.starwars....turns_2012.html

#88 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67091 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

What?

Maul is red in the film and everywhere BUT the TPM EU cover

qyjpO0k_zpsfc8aeaaf.png

#89 Jediking12

Jediking12

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

Sony Classical is really misleading a ripping people off. Just for once can we get a pretty decent Prequel Trilogy soundtrack?

Like the Corelllian Edition / Star Wars Trilogy box set that came out in 2008. They just can't stop re-issuing the same Album that was released back in 2004/1997 or whatever.

Lets see what LA LA Land has in store for Star Wars :lick:

#90 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6263 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

To be fair, it's partly (mostly?) John Williams' fault. If he really wanted the music out there, it would be.

#91 Jediking12

Jediking12

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

you think that the Prequel Trilogy would had the same respect like the Prequels but No! its been a decade since Episode I was released and still no complete score

I'm still good with the Ultimate Edition. Although I'm mainly looking for an expanded release for Episode II and III

and maybe music for the first 2 Harry Potter films

#92 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7341 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hey Welcome bud!

Among all the things I have done in my short and pitiful life, becoming an inside joke on JWFAN is the one I'm the least proud of.

The additional passage was interesting but not really something I would consider absolutely essential.

https://dl.dropboxus...From-Hoth-2.gif

#93 king mark

king mark

• Members
  • 25967 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Jediking12 is the voice of the normal fan that would buy this .Sony listen to him

#94 gkgyver

gkgyver

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8050 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

You didn't by some chance miss the leak of the SS recording sessions?

"You think they wear those tight-fitting clothes just so some other bride can say 'Gee your hips look succulent'? The good-looking ones know we're looking, they love us to be looking, and god bless 'em, they're carrying the rest of their sex!" - Al Bundy

#95 king mark

king mark

• Members
  • 25967 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

He only has 2 posts here so probably not

Well they had 10 years to properly release Harry Potter 1 before the sessions leak and an official release is now useless except for owning a physical c.d.. I hope the same happens with the Prequels

#96 gkgyver

gkgyver

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8050 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

Well, he just posted here, but that doesn't mean he didn't live until then.
The thing leaked at other places too.

"You think they wear those tight-fitting clothes just so some other bride can say 'Gee your hips look succulent'? The good-looking ones know we're looking, they love us to be looking, and god bless 'em, they're carrying the rest of their sex!" - Al Bundy

#97 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6263 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

Supposedly, Lucasfilm was "seriously considering" releasing the [complete] prequel scores. I guess they didn't consider it seriously enough.

#98 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7341 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

Jediking12 knows about the leak.

Among all the things I have done in my short and pitiful life, becoming an inside joke on JWFAN is the one I'm the least proud of.

The additional passage was interesting but not really something I would consider absolutely essential.

#99 king mark

king mark

• Members
  • 25967 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

The unreleased music in The Old Republic (added to previous game material) was the tipping point where official releases for expanded SW Prequels are not so important to me anymore. Seriously, that thing is sort of like a sessions leak

#100 Eblobulator

Eblobulator

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13228 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

you think that the Prequel Trilogy would had the same respect like the Prequels but No! its been a decade since Episode I was released and still no complete score

I'm still good with the Ultimate Edition. Although I'm mainly looking for an expanded release for Episode II and III

You haven't heard the Phantom Menace score until you've heard the intended edition.. It is by far WAY better than the so called "Ultimate Edition". Grant the "Ultimate Edition" was nice to have for the new and remastered music, at the same time it fell short because it essentially was an isolated score.

GACSignature3.jpg

Kathryn Janeway: "Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache."

#101 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6263 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

I'll take your word for it, KM.

#102 Jediking12

Jediking12

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

You didn't by some chance miss the leak of the SS recording sessions?

Yeah I do have that. But I meant an Official Product. I'm not too much of a fan of Fan made Albums unless it has no SFX like the SS Recording Sessions

Supposedly, Lucasfilm was "seriously considering" releasing the [complete] prequel scores. I guess they didn't consider it seriously enough.

I heard of back in 2002 A Ultimate Edition to Episode II was suppose to be released but the people at Lucasfilm LTD got pissed off at Sony Classical so they never actually released one -___-

#103 king mark

king mark

• Members
  • 25967 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

why did the people at Lucasfilm get pissed off at Sony classical?

#104 gkgyver

gkgyver

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8050 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

I didn't read about any video game release containing tons of unreleased Episode 3 music. Is that buried in the Prequel resource thread?

#105 Jediking12

Jediking12

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

why did the people at Lucasfilm get pissed off at Sony classical?

Because the Episode I Ultimate Edition was "Supposently a Complete Score" which was misleading so Sony was going to make one for Episode II

I didn't read about any video game release containing tons of unreleased Episode 3 music. Is that buried in the Prequel resource thread?

I think that new Star Wars game has more Episode III music

#106 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17570 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

I heard that TPM UE didn't sell as well as expected, and that's what caused them to ditch the AotC UE idea. But that was from somebody on this MB a long time ago (I dont' remember who).
For updates on a new CD/short film featuring brand new concert works by John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Randy Newman, Don Davis and Bruce Broughton, "like" this facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers

#107 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7341 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

The Old Republic, its a Pre-prequel MMPORG

#108 gkgyver

gkgyver

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8050 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

I see

:|

#109 Jediking12

Jediking12

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

I heard that TPM UE didn't sell as well as expected, and that's what caused them to ditch the AotC UE idea. But that was from somebody on this MB a long time ago (I dont' remember who).

I think ggtuk2005 said something about that

#110 Krang

Krang

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

Well this is the most depressing news I've read in a while. Damn them.

#111 king mark

king mark

• Members
  • 25967 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

I see

:|

There's also a thread devoted to The Old Republic

Were missing about 6 minutes from the RotS complete score now, mainly the dark middle part of Padme's Visit, Padme's Funeral/Finale , and the tail end of a few other cues. The music we have in the games ( 2 hours, 1 minute of it) is good quality, SFX free and can be edited (almost) perfectly

#112 gkgyver

gkgyver

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8050 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

Is that the same edit that's on ffshrine with this tracklist:

Spoiler

#113 Faleel

Faleel

Manic Treasure Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7341 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

Yes, that is alexander's edit.

#114 king mark

king mark

• Members
  • 25967 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:29 AM

Yes, the one just posted by Star Wars Fan786

that's a good one if you don't fell like making it yourself. It doesn't use DVD rips to fill the gaps

#115 gkgyver

gkgyver

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8050 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

Well, then .... that's nice to have.

Hm, is it heresy to just keep the files you want on your PC?

#116 Score_Fan

Score_Fan

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

I want all the potters
and star wars
and jurassic park(s)
and Indy 4
and spider-man 3

although not all owned by sony....my money shall go elsewhere, and not to them, which is a shame as I would gladly lay down any (reasonable) price for them.

#117 GoodMusician

GoodMusician

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2375 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

I love that the website that's crosspromoting says his face is tatooed. If I'm not mistaken, that's how his people look and the more evil you get, the darker it becomes... and the bigger the horns... but thats ok

I hate sony for releasing it again. and again. and again. It's utter lunacy.

It reeks of Lucas though. Reissuing the same thing in a different packaging? Isn't that Lucas' call mark? I mean hello lol...

But money is to be had... and advertising... it's inessence a reprint with a different cover booklet. Rather than continuing to reprint the old set to keep it on shelves, they're just changing the booklets. It's a small change and enough to get a few people to shell out $20 for what they already had.

I love the Complete Score to Episode I btw. Do what you can to hear it. Do anything! It is by far the best modern score by Williams since the 90's.
Is it not sad that in this time, we are more surprised by acts of love than acts of hate?
-Me

#118 Mr. Breathmask

Mr. Breathmask

Do the Han Dance!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17798 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

I think there was something about Sony and Lucasfilm being completely surprised by all the fan backlash they received for the TPM UE. When it turned out people were ripping DVD and game audio and making their own soundtracks, they genuinely thought an isolated score on CD was what people wanted. After everyone got pissed off for getting an entire CD's worth of new music, Sony and Lucasfilm basically went, "well, screw these guys. We give them what they want and they still bitch and moan. Not worth the effort."

A sad tale indeed.

Marc = best MB dutchie ever!

#119 Richard Penna

Richard Penna

Somewhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

It only ended badly because they were unwilling to listen to where they had gone wrong, and had a complete lack of understanding about why people were using DVD/game rips.

These companies need to learn that there is a reason the speciality labels hire the producers that they do.

#120 Alexander

Alexander

Air conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1853 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Is that the same edit that's on ffshrine with this tracklist:

Spoiler

That's my edit, i'm StarWarsFan786 on ffshrine.

...Do you like it? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users