Simply paste the URL into your post, and the board's software will do the work for you!
NOTE that sometimes you have to strip out random junk in the URL for it to work.
For example, if your URL looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5_OSsawz4&list=PLC25816CC115D3746&index=2&feature=plpp_videoChange it to be only this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5_OSsawz4Also note that redirect sites such as "youtu.be" WILL NOT WORK, and neither will URLs with an HTTPS. You MUST use the official "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" format.
2. How do I embed a mp3 into my post?
The same way you embed a video! Just put the URL that leads to the direct URL and the board's software will do it for you
For example, to embed this mp3:
Just put the entire URL right into your post, and it will come out like this:
3. What if I want to show the full address of an mp3, I don't want it to turn into a player?
To show any text on the forum without having the board software modify it, put it in between [ code] brackets (without spaces)
For example, if you type this:
[ code]http://www. us.movie.tintin.com/media/audio/TinTinSong.mp3[/code]
(without the space)
It will look like this:
4. How do I put text in a spoiler tag?
Put it in a [ spoiler] bracket (without the space)
For example, if you type this:
[spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father![/spoiler]It will look like this:
5. I started a new thread, but when I came back to the forum later I couldn't find it!
There could be several reasons, but what likely happened it was similar to another topic, so the administrative team merged your topic into an existing thread. Scan the topics available and you will probably find the thread that contains your post.
6. I'm having trouble getting my avatar to show
Try making sure its a JPG or GIF, and not a PNG or other format. Also trying shrinking it down if it is a very large file. You might have to shrink it all the way to 150px wide.
7. I just changed my avatar and it shows up on my profile page, but when I go back to the forum itself I still see my old one on all my posts!
No need to worry - it's been changed, you just still have the ole one cached in your browser. Simply do a "hard refresh" on a thread with your avatar and everything will be fine. This is done on most browsers by holding down either CTRL, SHIFT, or the APPLE KEY (depending on your browser) and clicking the "Refresh" icon.
8. How come some members have text about their avatars that says something different than "Regular Member"?
As soon as you reach 1,000 posts, you can change it to whatever you like under "My Settings"!
9. I don't like my username any more. How do I change it?
Send a Private Message to the administrative staff (currently Jason LeBlanc) and they will change it for you.
10. How do I link directly to a certain post in a thread instead of just to the thread in general?
Every post on the forum has a hyperlink in the upper right corner that when clicked will pop up a box containing a URL that leads directly to that post. Copy that to your clipboard and then you can paste it into where you want the link to be.
11. I can never find what I'm looking for with the search engine!
The first thing you want to do is click the little "gear" icon to be brought to the "Advanced" search page, where you will have more options.
Capture3.PNG 38.25KB 0 downloads
Usually you will know a word that will be in the title of the thread you are looking for, so just make sure that "Forums" are selected in the "Search In Section", that "Only Search In Titles" is selected in "Match", and "As Topic List" is selected in "Display Results", like this:
Capture2.PNG 170.95KB 0 downloads