247 replies to this topic

#241 Jay

Jay

Happy Holidays JWFan!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37994 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

Damn, wish I held out for the original recording.

The Intrada blurb and all discussion about the release clearly stated it was the 80's re-recording.    Why else did you think it contained "The Artist Who Did Not Want To Paint"?

http://store.intrada...it.A/id.8195/.f

#242 Richard

Richard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5741 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

Planet of the Apes performance din't have the energy and gusto like the 2001 LSO performance at the Royal Albert Hall...

What was the track-listing for that concert? Also, does anyone have a track-listing for the 1999 JG Barbican concert?

#243 Omen II

Omen II

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1360 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

Planet of the Apes performance din't have the energy and gusto like the 2001 LSO performance at the Royal Albert Hall...

What was the track-listing for that concert? Also, does anyone have a track-listing for the 1999 JG Barbican concert?

You can find the running order for both concerts by clicking on this link with your mouse, reading it with your eyes and processing said information through the agency of your brain:

http://www.jerrygold...ht_concerts.htm

His mouth is full of bees!

#244 Kühni

Kühni

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

>> You can find the running order for both concerts by clicking on this link with your mouse, reading it with your eyes and processing said information through the agency of your brain: <<

I once told something very similar to my lazy-ass students...one of them eMailed the Department Head to complain about my rude behaviour.  ;)

LotR is the best thing ever. Argue with that and I'll tie you up with piano wire.

Patrick Doyle should've scored all of Harry Potter.

Joe Hisaishi is about as good as it gets.

I love everything Babylon 5.

2h4evyp.jpg

#245 Uni

Uni

That guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2034 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

So I'll have the rerec, the remastered rerec and finally the remastered original as well...

Yup. This is completist territory for sure . . . but for those of us who are completists, it's welcome news. Re-recordings are nice 'n' all, but original tracks are always preferred.

the-sound-of-music-gats-gif.gif?w=500                                                       

Bilbo Gump: A Middle-Earth reboot

#246 Koray Savas

Koray Savas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32991 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:42 AM

Damn, wish I held out for the original recording.

The Intrada blurb and all discussion about the release clearly stated it was the 80's re-recording.    Why else did you think it contained "The Artist Who Did Not Want To Paint"?

http://store.intrada...it.A/id.8195/.f

I knew it was a rerecording, but I figured since they remastered it the original was lost or something.

#247 Jay

Jay

Happy Holidays JWFan!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37994 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

The original wasn't even lost when they first made the rerecording in 1989.

#248 Richard

Richard

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5741 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:59 AM

You can find the running order for both concerts by clicking on this link with your mouse, reading it with your eyes and processing said information through the agency of your brain:

http://www.jerrygold...ht_concerts.htm

You're a feisty little one, but you'll soon learn some respect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Better than Williams ;), The Man, Master Musician, Maestro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users