Posted Image

#762 crumbs

crumbs

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

When does this go on sale Australia time?

#763 TownerFan

TownerFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3806 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

:)

#764 crumbs

crumbs

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Time zones are so confusing. :(

Is PDT the same as UTC/GMT -7 hours? Or -8 hours because of daylight savings...

#765 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15747 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

And don't forget DST. It'll be soon summer time. This is getting all the more confusing.

PrincessLeia_zps735e1986.png

#766 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67354 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

When will it be released in GMT+1?

qyjpO0k_zpsfc8aeaaf.png

#767 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34004 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

It will go on sale exactly 6 days and 7 hours from the time of this post.

#768 crumbs

crumbs

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

So 7am AEST on Wednesay March 28th. Woo!

#769 tannhauser

tannhauser

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

8PM Tuesday. Counting down the hours! I'll be skipping an orchestra rehearsal for this!
Oh, War Horse is great! - John Williams

#770 mahler3

mahler3

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1140 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'll be premiering some music (approx 5 mins) from the new Hook release this Saturday morning on Q Radio (between 7 and 8am GMT) for those wishing to tune in. An interview with La-La Land's Matt and Michael plus John Takis will be the main focus of the feature, so i'll keep you updated and post a link to the show in case you can't tune in live.

- Tim
"There is a kind of closeness that can be developed with members of an orchestra - a love affair in which you and a body are breathing together, pulsing together, lifting and sinking together... Perhaps i'm making this sound too lurid and sexual - it is sort of sexual, but it's with a hundred people" - Leonard Bernstein

Visit My Website

#771 Incanus

Incanus

The One True John Williams Believer, Keeper of the Faith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17156 posts
  • Location:Finland the fierce land of polar bears and penguins

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Excellent Tim! Thanks for heads up!

Ars superior est vita hominum.

"We pop out and come into the world and music is there. We didn't invent it - it's all organised in the atmosphere by divinity or whatever. It's a miracle." - John Williams-

I think music is a stream of some kind. It could be blood. It could be water. It could be ether. Whatever it is it seems to be a living, organic force that’s in motion, that serves humanity and is part of humanity and part of what describes us as humans. We sing, play, dance, all the things that we do. And there is a vibrant and great literature we have been given. ... As musicians, we join the stream. We swim in the stream with all the other millions of music makers. It’s a life force, a strong one, surrounding us and we are part of it. -John Williams-

#772 Jay

Jay

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34004 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Terrific, looking forward to hearing the show!

#773 tannhauser

tannhauser

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Is it likely the set will contain the Lost Boy's song "Pick em Up"? I really hope not, it would really ruin the album for me if it was included.
Oh, War Horse is great! - John Williams

#774 Once

Once

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Me too, sounds great!

#775 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6291 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Is it likely the set will contain the Lost Boy's song "Pick em Up"? I really hope not, it would really ruin the album for me if it was included.

I hope we get vocals in Presenting the Hook.

#776 ST-321

ST-321

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1187 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

I'll be premiering some music (approx 5 mins) from the new Hook release this Saturday morning on Q Radio (between 7 and 8am GMT) for those wishing to tune in. An interview with La-La Land's Matt and Michael plus John Takis will be the main focus of the feature, so i'll keep you updated and post a link to the show in case you can't tune in live.

- Tim

w00t! I am looking forward to the link!
Visible Suns - My Astronomy Blog

#777 mahler3

mahler3

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1140 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Here's the link to listen live from 6am GMT @ www.qradionetwork.com

Just click on the 'listen live' tab on the top left of the page. The schedule won't show Movie Magic as it usually airs as part of my 9am to 1pm show, this week is special so it needs a more dedicated spot away from the usual schedule.

The extended interview with more from Matt, Michael and John will be posted at my website from about 8am GMT @ http://www.timburden...ovie-magic.aspx

The actual premiere of music forms 2 parts, after Matt and Michael chat about their work, thoughts on film music and other releases the focus in part 2 will turn to Hook's production and ultimate realisation coupled with the premiere of some of the unreleased Ultimate War sequence (at last!)

Then, John Takis will give a more in-depth insight into the film and music along with commentary on another cue premiere, this time from Peter's first meeting with Hook.

Again, much of this will be extended for the web edit.

I hope you enjoy listening, either way!

:-o)
"There is a kind of closeness that can be developed with members of an orchestra - a love affair in which you and a body are breathing together, pulsing together, lifting and sinking together... Perhaps i'm making this sound too lurid and sexual - it is sort of sexual, but it's with a hundred people" - Leonard Bernstein

Visit My Website

#778 Demondm810

Demondm810

It's time..for.. Smee.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Fantastic.

#779 Pieter_Boelen

Pieter_Boelen

Navigation Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Is it possible to download your show as a small(-ish) file somewhere? I'm very interested, but stuck with exceptionally unreliable internet these days.

#780 Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Deserved the Best Picture win

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

So if I've been paying attention, this is the first specialty soundtrack to have this much pre-release fanfare and hype, no? A lot of previous releases had hints and rumors (Blue Box comes to mind), but the label heads are doing radio and print interviews about it, announcing (officially) a month in advance, etc.

I'm having trouble coming up with a comparison that favors it (certainly not Phantom Menace or Indy IV :lol:), any ideas?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean by 'our' labels. Concord, Sony Classical, etc. don't count.
Posted Image

#781 scallenger

scallenger

Isla Nublar Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1433 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

Hell, I took the day off work just to make sure I can order a copy on the first day within the first hour! :D I didn't want any chance of missing out on this release, which I have definitely wanted for the Ultimate War material alone since I really started getting into film scores. Hell, in my high school video class I used some of the unreleased war music from one of the boots in it, along with unreleased music from other scores. Funny thing is, all the music I used in that short film ended up getting complete/expanded releases over the next few years except for Hook. Now it too has finally happened. :)
"Let's be clear. The planet is not in jeopardy. We are in jeopardy. We haven't got the power to destroy the planet- or to save it. But we might have the power to save ourselves." -- Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

#782 Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Deserved the Best Picture win

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

Fascinating, I didn't know the middle of the movie was restructured to the degree that it was. John Takis' comments actually have me a little irritated that Sony couldn't put the deleted scenes on the blu-ray.

This was an excellent show, thanks Tim!
Posted Image

#783 TownerFan

TownerFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3806 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Excellent show indeed, Tim!

Listening to unreleased cues finally in good, pristine sound is like removing wool blankets from the speakers! :)

#784 Incanus

Incanus

The One True John Williams Believer, Keeper of the Faith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17156 posts
  • Location:Finland the fierce land of polar bears and penguins

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Excellent show indeed, Tim!

Listening to unreleased cues finally in good, pristine sound is like removing wool blankets from the speakers! :)

Indeed. The thought that this will be released on Tuesday makes me feel giddy. Over 10 years of waiting and hoping will be over. Truly a dream come true. :)

Excellent and very enlightening show Tim!

Ars superior est vita hominum.

"We pop out and come into the world and music is there. We didn't invent it - it's all organised in the atmosphere by divinity or whatever. It's a miracle." - John Williams-

I think music is a stream of some kind. It could be blood. It could be water. It could be ether. Whatever it is it seems to be a living, organic force that’s in motion, that serves humanity and is part of humanity and part of what describes us as humans. We sing, play, dance, all the things that we do. And there is a vibrant and great literature we have been given. ... As musicians, we join the stream. We swim in the stream with all the other millions of music makers. It’s a life force, a strong one, surrounding us and we are part of it. -John Williams-

#785 crocodile

crocodile

A part-time Horner apologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14918 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Really interesting listen. But then again it's not a surprise, given the quality of your previous audio interviews. Thanks, Tim!

Karol
"Modern, serious music has become embroiled in an intellectual discussion that has no place in music. Certainly, the great composer of the past were geniuses and used their intellect, but only to serve their emotions and guide their craft. Not to dictate to them what they should or shouldn't write" - Michael Kamen, 1995

#786 alan1984

alan1984

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

Nice to hear the Prologue at it's correct tempo in that interview show :)

#787 JanBing

JanBing

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Edit: Ah, forget it.

#788 jacksparrow900

jacksparrow900

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I am so looking foward to this release on Tuesday I've waited a very long time for more music from Hook

#789 Eblobulator

Eblobulator

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13243 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Here's the link to listen live from 6am GMT @ www.qradionetwork.com

Just click on the 'listen live' tab on the top left of the page. The schedule won't show Movie Magic as it usually airs as part of my 9am to 1pm show, this week is special so it needs a more dedicated spot away from the usual schedule.

The extended interview with more from Matt, Michael and John will be posted at my website from about 8am GMT @ http://www.timburden...ovie-magic.aspx

The actual premiere of music forms 2 parts, after Matt and Michael chat about their work, thoughts on film music and other releases the focus in part 2 will turn to Hook's production and ultimate realisation coupled with the premiere of some of the unreleased Ultimate War sequence (at last!)

Then, John Takis will give a more in-depth insight into the film and music along with commentary on another cue premiere, this time from Peter's first meeting with Hook.

Again, much of this will be extended for the web edit.

I hope you enjoy listening, either way!

:-o)

Great interview Tim! :) It was interesting to hear this thanks for that preview. :)

3 more days until it's available for purchase. I'm really looking forward to this as well.

GACSignature3.jpg

Kathryn Janeway: "Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache."

#790 Scarpia

Scarpia

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Great Show! If I was very enthusiastic about this expanded release before, now I simply cannot wait!

Counting the minutes.

#791 king mark

king mark

Supreme Priestmaster of JWfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26021 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

I missed it, is it archived somewhere?

#792 Eblobulator

Eblobulator

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13243 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

I missed it, is it archived somewhere?

Read the post I quoted from Tim... Theres a second link to his site which you can hear it...

GACSignature3.jpg

Kathryn Janeway: "Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache."

#793 king mark

king mark

Supreme Priestmaster of JWfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26021 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

ok, got it .thanks

#794 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6291 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

I must have replayed that clip of the duel 20 times now. That's some of the earliest JW music I can remember. I've seriously had it in my head since I was 4 years old.

#795 films

films

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

is there a way of downloading this show?

thanks

its ok i found how to ...

#796 jwb

jwb

Occasional Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

is there a way of downloading this show?

thanks

its ok i found how to ...

LINK REMOVED

From the Forum rules:

07 - You may embed videos of - or include a link to sites that stream - copyrighted material. However, links to sites where copyrighted material can be illegally downloaded are not allowed.

#797 Josh500

Josh500

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9682 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

Have you guys ever ordered an album from La-La, Varese, etc. and gotten a CD with the case cracked? If yes, what did you do? Did you send it back or just replaced the case yourself?

I am afraid this might happen to me with Hook. It happened to me with 1941 (corner was a little broken). Which is really a pain.

#798 E.T. and Elliot

E.T. and Elliot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6291 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

I've frequently gotten damaged cases from La-La Land, unfortunately. I just replace them myself if I care enough.

#799 Josh500

Josh500

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9682 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Those labels have a very good service, but they need to work on that! We pay 30 bucks + shipping, so I expect the CD to be in flawless condition!

#800 Eblobulator

Eblobulator

Trekkie For Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13243 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

A cracked case is bound to arrive at some point or another. It's not the label's fault that the case(s) gets cracked. Generally it's the post office' fault for the cracked case. Blank CD cases are rather cheap these days, especially if you buy them in bulk. The only cracked CD case I've had come to me was the FSM release for Star Trek III. I ordered that one from Peter and he said the case arrived to him like that. He was kind enough and threw in a blank case to replace the cracked one.

It irritates the hell out of me when people blame the labels themselves for cracked cases. As I said it's NOT the label's fault that they arrive that way.

GACSignature3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users