8 replies to this topic

#1 Stefancos

Stefancos

The Road Goes Ever On And On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73460 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Jean Giraud, the famous French comic book artist also known under the pen name Mœbius has passed away today after a long illness

http://www.comicbook...rticle&id=37456

Posted Image

Posted Image

TPMSig_zps4899d3db.jpg

#2 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9749 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

I read about this a few hours ago and I'm feeling really sad. He made a part of my childhood.

Au revoir, maître.

#3 BloodBoal

BloodBoal

A Very Respectable Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19898 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Farewell, Dear Jean.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

TheLastHobbit_zps7ca46810.png

#4 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9749 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21147 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Sh!t! Sad news indeed.

Posted Image
"The film that really struck me was Ridley Scott's 'Blade Runner.' That was a film I watched many, many times and found endlessly fascinating in its density. But I think the density of that film is primarily visual density and atmospheric and sound density, more so than narrative density. But, yeah, I think for a lot of filmmakers particularly, there will be a film like that in their past that they've really become a little obsessed with and seen too many times, or more times than seems healthy." - Christopher Nolan

#6 Miguel Andrade

Miguel Andrade

John Williams know it all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4564 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

In my teenage years, when I was immersed in the comic book world, trying my luck on the otherwise small comics business in Portugal, Jean Giraud was a major influence. I loved his "Incal" series.
Miguel Andrade
[url="http://johnwilliams.jw-music.net/index.html"]http://johnwilliams.jw-music.net/index.html[/url]
e-mail: miguel.jw@gmail.com
----------------------
"I owe a tremendous debt of gratitute do John Williams. Without his music, Superman's powers are greatly deminished. Believe me, if you try to fly without that theme, you go nowhere... one step, two steps and... down!" -- Christopher Reeve, May 1993
"John Williams will go down as one of the greatest composers." -- Leonard Slatkin, american conductor
"Ah yes, the Olympics. The quadrennial event where composer John Williams collects a hefty royalty check from NBC."
"Music is not a luxury but a necessity" - Robert Shaw
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Albert Einstein

#7 Alexcremers

Alexcremers

Grander Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21147 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

For those who didn't know this, Moebius was very influential to Ridley Scott and most notably Blade Runner.

Alex
"The film that really struck me was Ridley Scott's 'Blade Runner.' That was a film I watched many, many times and found endlessly fascinating in its density. But I think the density of that film is primarily visual density and atmospheric and sound density, more so than narrative density. But, yeah, I think for a lot of filmmakers particularly, there will be a film like that in their past that they've really become a little obsessed with and seen too many times, or more times than seems healthy." - Christopher Nolan

#8 publicist

publicist

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6022 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

RIP...
You wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Subtle Plans Are Here Again."

#9 Chaac

Chaac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9749 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image

For those who didn't know this, Moebius was very influential to Ridley Scott and most notably Blade Runner.

And that panel is from a 16-page story with Dan O'Bannon, The Long Tomorrow.

However I think all this posting of pictures only shows what was part of his talent. The guy was a brilliant storyteller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users