1 reply to this topic

#1 InTheCity

InTheCity

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

If John Williams lived in the 1800's would we know him as a classical composer.

I would give this a 100% yes.

tintin - Snowy's Theme, a near perfect emulation of the Shostakovitch Piano Concerto in F and Prokofiev concerto in C. Compare it and see for yourself.

the opera feature track - a near perfect emulation of early Bizet The track before that has an incredible mancini sound.

how fortunate we were to have this album.
mike barry

#2 indy4

indy4

Grand Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17574 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hmmm, I've never heard the Shostakovich or the Prokofiev (looking them up now), but the opera feature was not written by John Williams. It was written by Charles Gnoud and Rossini.

EDIT: If you're speaking about the opening bars of the Shostakovich, I wouldn't call it a "near perfect emulation." There are some similarities, but it also sounds very much like it was written in John Williams' style.

I will say that this piano concerto is gorgeous...thanks for bringing it to my attention!
For updates on a new CD/short film featuring brand new concert works by John Williams, Michael Giacchino, Alexandre Desplat, Randy Newman, Don Davis and Bruce Broughton, "like" this facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users