While I can understand why the new Q might not be liked by people, I can't really see how the new Moneypenny could be strongly disliked. By the end of Skyfall, she is reduced to being just how she was before. Not really much of a difference.

While I can understand why the new Q might not be liked by people, I can't really see how the new Moneypenny could be strongly disliked. By the end of Skyfall, she is reduced to being just how she was before. Not really much of a difference.

People hate her because she's black! I think she's the sexiest Moneypenny since the Dalton years.

• 2 weeks later...

If they've got any sense, the Waltz casting will be a red herring and it will turn out that Ralph Fiennes is actually Blofeld, working to bring M16 down from within. The film should end ESB-style, with M16 HQ being destroyed and left in disarray, one of Felix Leiter or Moneypenny killed, and Bond left for dead. Then have one final Craig one where he goes after Blofeld, a hard-boiled revenge thriller.

While this almost certainly won't happen, I just can't really buy Fiennes as a good guy. I guess that's what's behind my crazy theory. You all know it would be cinematic gold. Bear in mind I say this as someone who didn't think all that much of Skyfall and doesn't really care about Bond films.

If they've got any sense, the Waltz casting will be a red herring and it will turn out that Ralph Fiennes is actually Blofeld, working to bring M16 down from within. The film should end ESB-style, with M16 HQ being destroyed and left in disarray, one of Felix Leiter or Moneypenny killed, and Bond left for dead. Then have one final Craig one where he goes after Blofeld, a hard-boiled revenge thriller.

While this almost certainly won't happen, I just can't really buy Fiennes as a good guy. I guess that's what's behind my crazy theory. You all know it would be cinematic gold. Bear in mind I say this as someone who didn't think all that much of Skyfall and doesn't really care about Bond films.

Gimmie a break. Fiennes has played tons of good guy roles, such as Schindler's Lost, Harry Poitar, Red Drogen.