4 replies to this topic

#1 Mari

Mari

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

I just saw this news on my twitter feed and it's not listed on the main page, so here's a heads up everyone. :)

http://news.yahoo.co...-085036152.html

Barry Manilow will join stars from Broadway, "American Idol" and composerJohn Williams for this year's July Fourth celebration on the National Mall.

Williams will conduct music from the Oscar-winning movie "Lincoln" with the National Symphony Orchestra.

The Independence Day concert and fireworks draw hundreds of thousands of visitors. It's broadcast each year on PBS and NPR from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

#2 Thor

Thor

Frequent Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3967 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Man, that Williams gotta relax! He must be in good shape when I go to Boston next year.

#3 Incanus

Incanus

The One True John Williams Believer, Keeper of the Faith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19529 posts
  • Location:Finland the fierce land of polar bears and penguins

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

He is certainly as busy as ever. He has been a musical work-a-holic all his life so it must be pretty routine but also shows that he is still in great shape to be able to do so many concerts all year. May his health and inspiration continue!

Ars superior est vita hominum.

"We pop out and come into the world and music is there. We didn't invent it - it's all organised in the atmosphere by divinity or whatever. It's a miracle." - John Williams-

I think music is a stream of some kind. It could be blood. It could be water. It could be ether. Whatever it is it seems to be a living, organic force that’s in motion, that serves humanity and is part of humanity and part of what describes us as humans. We sing, play, dance, all the things that we do. And there is a vibrant and great literature we have been given. ... As musicians, we join the stream. We swim in the stream with all the other millions of music makers. It’s a life force, a strong one, surrounding us and we are part of it. -John Williams-

#4 Smeltington

Smeltington

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Cool! I wonder if there'll be any way to watch this online.

#5 WilliamsStarShip2282

WilliamsStarShip2282

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users