Howard Shore's The Desolation Of Smaug (Hobbit Part 2)

gkgyver

well, if a cue like 'The Train" from The Legend of Zorro appears in this score, then the mistery of co-composing will be solved :P

I bet it'll appear on that scene with Tauriel and the dwarves.

London voices twitter:

Excellent film session this afternoon with @benparrymusic - luscious music for Belle et la Bête. More Middle Earth music tomorrow morning!

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=650687;page=2;sb=post_time;so=DESC;mh=25;#651812

Nah! I think they are just doing their work in two places at sligthly different times. Orchestral recording in NZ and choir work at London.

Let's see if the new thematic ideas and situations warrant more choir. The Elves of Mirkwood and Thranduil's halls would be main candidate for some excellent choral writing in the vein of Lothlorien.

And yes more soloists! More!

Yes, more soloists.

Lisbeth Scott, wailing woman in D minor for Mirkwood!

Let's not go there!

I wonder if The Lake Town will receive any choral writing.

With an anatomically incorrect dragon!

I just realized that Manuel can't complain about Smaug's physiology one bit since the dragon is an entirely fictitious fantasy creature that was never meant to be anatomically correct! As John Howe said about the Fell Beast wing elbow spikes "Shut up, they look cool!" :P

Whatever...

Eowyn should not be able to cut the fell beast's neck with one (two) strokes.

It's just nonsense :P

You don't know that! You don't know the make of those Rohan swords! Bloody sharp! And the Fell Beast necks! Weak as paper, their only vulnerable spot. Éowyn got lucky!

Ok the Oliphaunts are oversized elephants.

She couldnt cut skin + tendons of those in a passing stroke... XD

What can I say. Mûmakil are tough cookies. But Legolas showed us that even those cookies can crumble.

Maybe it'll be revealed in There And Back Again that Bard gave Legolas a few magical black arrows, that were the ones he used to kill that mumak.

He doesn't need any Black Arrows! Legolas spits on the Black Arrows! His own arrows that he has fashioned himself from the dewy branches of an ancient yew tree are enough!

This thread gives me the creeps sometimes.

I know. Conrad Pope is a scary man.

I wish this knowledge of Conductor's, Orchestrators, Orchestra changes never came to me, I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the score that is given to us.