Empire Of The Sun - La-La Land 2CD

Jay

I don't listen to much SW anyway. It's run its course and sounds slightly dated to my ears which doesn't mean i don't like it, only that i don't see much reason to listen to it these days.

I'm with you on this. They're great, classic, wonderful scores, of course, but while I can listen to Superman or E.T. or Raiders or most of Williams' other scores to no end, for some reason I've reached a point of "peace" with the SW scores, and rarely give them much listening time anymore.

4 days to go till the press release!

Waitaminute . . . the countdown clock (which is still running) says 6 days. Is that why you locked the thread—because the timer was off by a couple of days, and you didn't know how to reset it?

La La Land always puts out a press release on the Tuesday before their titles are released (on the following Tuesday)

Waitaminute . . . the countdown clock (which is still running) says 6 days. Is that why you locked the thread—because the timer was off by a couple of days, and you didn't know how to reset it?

The countdown clock is about an exclusive info on jwfan.

How is a public press release an exclusive info on jwfan.com?

The countdown clock is about an exclusive info on jwfan.

How is a public press release an exclusive info on jwfan.com?

Are you sure it's exclusive to jwfan? The post title says "something exciting" but doesn't say it's exclusive... unless if I missed another post somewhere.

Probably around 24 hours or so to go until the full press release for this drops!

I only wear mine during sex.

And for extra kinky you wear replica of Goldsmith's ponytail right?

Well colour me twice as excited as before! Full score on disc 1 and second disc is full of alternates and additional music! :D

WOW! that's great news that we get a 2nd disc with more music!

I feared it would be the OST!

So, i guess someone has to have the OST too to have a really complete presentation, since that one contains album edits and stuff, right?

edit: track 8 from disc 2 seems to be Cadillack of the skies. Maybe the concert arrangement? or the ost version.

Although if i'm not mistaken it has an asterisk next to it, which means previous unreleased.

So maybe it's the concert arrangement from the recording sessions?? :drool:

(which would explain the "previously unreleased", since a new recording is available in Spielberg/Williams collaboration cd)

Why not a track list? I hate teases where i can almost read the print but not quite.

LLL usually does not reveal the track lists of their releases until the night before they go on sale (via their email newsletter)

Looks handsome indeed!

Karol

Oh yes that too. It is Jim Titus after all! :)

Sorry in advance to publicist for the unadulturated foam mouthed giddiness of some of us over this. It is a cool bottle cap for the collection after all! :P

Sorry in advance to publicist for the unadulturated foam mouthed giddiness of some of us over this. It is a cool bottle cap for the collection after all! :P

I think the fact that it doesn't repackage the original album at all suddenly makes this set twice as interesting.

Now, whether that will translate into a strong listening experience remains to be seen.

Karol

Our best hope is that Williams recorded substantial alternates because let's face it: we have the rest - most of it - in great quality and it's no HOOK with tons of unreleased set pieces.

I think the fact that it doesn't repackage the original album at all suddenly makes this set twice as interesting.

Now, whether that will translate into a strong listening experience remains to be seen.

Karol

It's a completely different listening experience for sure. I mean, if you wanted to listen to the OST in chronological order, you'd have to do this:

01 Suo Gan (2:19)

09B [3:03-end] Home and Hearth (1:34)

12A [0:00-2:21] No Road Home (2:21)

05 Imaginary Air Battle (2:35)

04 Lost in the Crowd (5:39)

10 The Streets of Shanghai (5:11)

09A [0:00-3:03] Toy Planes (3:03)

03 Jim's New Life (2:33)

11 The Pheasant Hunt (4:24)

08 The British Grenadiers (2:25)

02 Cadillac of the Skies (3:48)

06 The Return to the City (7:45)

12B [2:21-end] Seeing the Bomb (3:49)

07 Liberation / Exsultate Justi (1:46)

13 Exsultate Justi (4:59)

I think Williams made a poor choice putting "Cadillac of the Skies" as track #2 of the presentation.

Karol

Yes this was a bit unexpected but it is also interesting that both Spielberg and Williams signed off this release and Marshall and Kennedy were at least on paper involved with this set. Impressive. And if they succeeded in delivering the complete unaltered untampered score for the film for this release when JW was involved all the more impressive. ;)

Karol

It's a completely different listening experience for sure. I mean, if you wanted to listen to the OST in chronological order, you'd have to do this:

I think Williams made a poor choice putting "Cadillac of the Skies" as track #2 of the presentation.

But two times EXSULTATE JUSTI in a row is a better listening experience?

Karol

In all fairness it is the central set piece and JW probably wanted to open with a bang. He set e.g. Mecha World to open A.I. OST in similar way, whether or not a good choice but I can understand the composer's "musical programme" logic at work.

Our best hope is that Williams recorded substantial alternates because let's face it: we have the rest - most of it - in great quality and it's no HOOK with tons of unreleased set pieces.

What do you mean? Since there's never been a bootleg or recording session leak for EOTS, we've heard NOTHING except what's on the OST in "great" quality. The only way to hear the rest of the score is via DVD/Blu-Ray rips, and the Alternates have of course never been heard by anyone in 25+ years...

What crack are you smoking? There's never been a bootleg or recording session leak for EOTS, we've heard NOTHING except what's on the OST in good quality.

Thats exactly what he means.

Well in the film Suo Gan plays in between those two cues, of course.

So he MEANS that there's been NO leak of EOTS music, but he SAID that he has all of EOTS in "great" quality?

Well in the film Suo Gan plays in between those two cues, of course.

So he MEANS that there's been NO leak of EOTS music, but he SAID that he has all of EOTS in "great" quality?

He said "the rest" meaning the OST.

Look, you don't know shit about leaks and stuff. You only got some advance copy of the LLL set and now run around like a rooster telling people what they know and don't know. Let's wait till next week and then let's have a good informal listen and we will see if this TOTALLY NEW COMPLETE HAPPENING OF A DELUXE LIMITED EDITION SET really is worth all your strained efforts.