SW Que

fraedün

Hey, I'm new here. My questions: Do the '97 edition releases of the OT scores have all the music for each OT film (except Lapti Nek and the original Ewok celebration) ? What does the Anthology have? Does it have anything that the '97 releases don't have (except L.N. and original E.C.) ? I have the '97 releases. Is there anything missing that I would want (aside from L.N. and E.C. :mrgreen: ) ? Thanks, guys and gals. :|

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SE doesn't contain every single note, the only one I can think of is the music at the begining of The Rebel Fleet in ESB. You're pretty much ok with what you have.

The anthology set has an alternate version of Leia's News that more prominently features the ewok theme.

The original polydor CD contains a synth overdub on The Emperor (aka The Emperor's Death),

something that can't be heard on any subsequent release.

While incomplete, the anthology version of ROTJ reputedly has better sound quality (or more accurately, some say

parts of Disc 2 on the RCA has really lousy sound) .

While incomplete, the anthology version of ROTJ reputedly has better sound quality (or more accurately, some say parts of Disc 2 on the RCA has really lousy sound) .

I don't think it's necessaarily justr parts of disc 2.....for me the mixing throughout the ROTJ RCA album is just.....wrong.....It sounded so much better in the Anthology (and waaaaayyy better on the ROTS Bonus DVD).....

Hm, I don't have that anthology set only the special edition releases. Seems like this 4-CD box is worth having but is it still available for a not-so-high price?

You can most likely get the Anthology on eBay. All in all, it contains about ten minutes of RotJ music not available on the Special Edition set. The sound mixes are also much better. As for Star Wars and Empire, there's not much difference (though Empire has a very different mix, and there's debate over which sounds better; I personally prefer the Special Edition sound).

wait, u mean the RCA's isnt the film version? What's different again?

Nothing mayor, the arrangement is the same with luke's theme, the rebel fanfare, yoda's theme, imperial march and the love theme, but the film version is a bit faster and the transition from yoda's theme to the imperial march seems a bit more abrupt to my ears.

I would only get the anthology for ROTJ (and those 10 minutes are comprised mostly of source cues) wich has a better sound mix. The artwork is very nice also. But the SE are great releases. I wish every score release was like those. The SE's also have a better cue arrangement, IMHO, since the star wars score are some of the scores that don't suffer at all from havibg their tracks arranged in chronological order.

I would only get the anthology for ROTJ (and those 10 minutes are comprised mostly of source cues)

Not really; the only source cue is "Lapti Nek." The Anthology has alternate versions of several cues, including a fragment of the now-lost concert arrangement of "Jabba the Hutt's Theme."