John Williams is DEAD

JoeinAR

John Williams has DIED.

John Williams, winner of 5 Academy Awards, and recipient of 45 nominations was killed today in a bizarre accident. First appearances seem to indicate it was an act of murder, but investigators have since concluded Maestro Williams died under accidental circumstances.

Police received a 9-11 call that a Cadillac CTS had crashed, and upon arrival found the Boston Pops Emeritus slumped over the steering wheel. It appeared that he had a conductor’s baton sticking out of his mouth. Crime scene investigators said there was both blood and saliva coming out of Mr. Williams’ mouth. However upon further investigation, it was concluded that Williams had been eating a chicken on a stick, and that something caused Mr. Williams to slam on the breaks, thus forcing the chicken on a stick to be impaled through the back of Mr. Williams’ throat. Apparently there was something in the road that caused John to slam on the breaks, while he was eating the chicken while the stick was in his mouth. The coroner’s reports shows that several bites of chicken were found in the Maestro’s stomach, along with several fish, a sea turtle, a small dolphin, and a Louisiana license plate.

Williams is a 5 time Oscar Winner He recently lost to Brokeback Mountain, in the most recent Academy Awards. He is most notably remembered for his scores to Heartbeeps, Cinderella Liberty, his work on Yes Georgio, and Valley of the Dolls.

Williams is survived by his wife Joan, his two sons and a daughter. His wife from a previous marriage died of cancer in 1983. Funeral services will be held in St. Marks Methodist Church in Boston.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is funny Joe, even if it's April fools

John's death isn't funny, its sad ROTFLMAO

The coroner’s reports shows that several bites of chicken were found in the Maestro’s stomach, along with several fish, a sea turtle, a small dolphin, and a Louisiana license plate.

ROTFLMAO

Ray Barnsbury

What in the name of hell are you doing posting here?

And where have you been for the last 3 months?!?!?!?

What in the name of hell are you doing posting here?

This is a horrible tragedy. I can't entirely ignore this site at a time like this.

And where have you been for the last 3 months?!?!?!?

Conducting interviews and eating corn dogs while driving.

Neil

I've been playing ET and Windows to the Past in memory of our Maestro.

did you guys see the wonderful tribute NBC ran on their news about him.

I'm no longer paying attention to this thread. You guys are pathetic at treating this as a joke. This isn't something that shouldn't be joked around. Please don't give me, "This is no joke" because that's what it is. :roll:

I'm no longer paying attention to this thread.  You guys are pathetic at treating this as a joke.  This isn't something that shouldn't be joked around.  Please don't give me, "This is no joke" because that's what it is.   :roll:

dude, we understand where all the anger is coming from, its tough losing your idol.

especially from a chicken on a stick. :dance:

Well, I had to see what it was this year.

I guess this site will be shut down soon, what with this terrible incident. :dance:

~Sturgis

well we still have to ensure that complete recordings of his entire life's work are released so i guess this site will be up for another year or two until we categorically make a 140CD or watever is needed of John Williams Complete Works. I must say, i am terribly saddened by this loss. I was watching muchmusic where i quote devin:

"We've had breaking news that legendary film composer john williams has died from a car accident. he wrote very many scores including those to Star Wars, Indiana jones, et, schindlers list, harry potter, and countless other famous pieces. this is a very sad day for all musicians."

I'm sorry but the Jaws-tie in was fantastic Joe.  That got me to burst out laughing.

and that was the point.

to all of you who were offended,

Good

Geez. I mean really.

It just shows how many people read the main page. Or know this site at all. When it happens, there'll probably be a tribute banner and countless threads, not just one with a blatantly obvious JW is DEAD title.

Maybe I have a sense of humour...

The content of the thread wasn't offensive. What's offensive is how unoriginal and tiresome the concept was. This is JWFan on autopilot.