The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there´s an easy solution for them: don´t watch the new movie.

That's too easy.

There are people whose only fun in life is to bash everything...like those who hate some TV program, and get mad over it, ignoring the fact that they could just use the remote control... :)

Joe, enough is enough. We've had with these muthaf'n puns on this muthaf'n board!

That "least-last" pun is obsolete and never been funny, you should be original, come on...

I'm sure Joe will too before he bashes it into the ground here :)

Nah, he's too proud.

He's been bashing this movie (and the previsious two) for ages, he would never admit that he loves it, even if he really loves it.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this new Indy might actually be good? It is foolish to judge a film before it has been released, let alone before it even begins shooting.  

Well, for one, George Lucas talking about a "character film" scares the living crap out of me.

I sense another Superman Returns coming.

Yes. If Lucas and Spielberg (and even Williams) let themselves forget the masculinity of Indiana Jones, then the film will sink.

He actually brings something negative to this forum

Now that's more like it.

I never read an insult-free post by Joe.

He always tend to provoke others just to be to the center of everybody's attention. But it's his "style" (if you can call that style), and I can live with it.

Indy 4 = New Indy Williams score

That's all I really care about. Personally, I loved the ending of The Last Crusade, having them ride off into the sunset. What a way to end a great trilogy!

The sunset scene will always be the end of the trilogy.

This is just another movie, nobody is obliged to watch it.

There are a lot of movie I don't care about, but I don't annoy people that the movie they're waiting for sucks or shouldn't be made. I just, simply, don't watch it. And trust me, it's not an hard thing to do! :)

Like the score...you're interested? Good, you buy the CD, and listen to it. You're not interested? Good anyways, you don't buy the CD, you don't listen to it, and wait for another score to be released.

It works.

Joe is a wonderfull person with a very direct way of expressing himself.

He actually brings something to this forum, which I cannot say of you red_rabbit.

I don't see how needlessly bashing films and others' opinions can be good for this board. If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything, or so I'm told. Joe might be a good guy, but he doesn't really present himself to be.

Joe is a wonderfull person with a very direct way of expressing himself.

He actually brings something to this forum, which I cannot say of you red_rabbit.

I don't see how needlessly bashing films and others' opinions can be good for this board. If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything, or so I'm told. Joe might be a good guy, but he doesn't really present himself to be.

Shh. Just nod your head and agree with the old guard of the board.

Every board needs a guy like Joe.

Back on topic, I don't see how Williams doesn't hit a home run with this one. If this does get done it is, right now, my #1 most anticipated score. The movie itself, on the other hand....let's just say my expectations are low.

Yes. But Joe, when doing just that, does it with 2 things that are completely beyond your grasp.

Wit and intelligence.

Style over substance, you say?

Karol, who wasn't offended by anything posted by Joe (so far).

Let's leave our quarrels at the door, alright?

Personally, I loved the ending of The Last Crusade, having them ride off into the sunset. What a way to end a great trilogy!

Yes, that was great. But since Indy and his father have both drank from the Holy Grail, aren't they immortal now? How does that create any tension for the fourth film (sure, they're not going to kill Indy, but when he's in peril, you still want to believe at some point that he could actually die)?

- Marc, who smells a gaping plot hole coming.

The sunset scene will always be the end of the trilogy.

This is just another movie, nobody is obliged to watch it.

There are a lot of movie I don't care about, but I don't annoy people that the movie they're waiting for sucks or shouldn't be made. I just, simply, don't watch it. And trust me, it's not an hard thing to do! ;)

Like the score...you're interested? Good, you buy the CD, and listen to it. You're not interested? Good anyways, you don't buy the CD, you don't listen to it, and wait for another score to be released.

It works.

Funny, when I say things like that, people say "This is a message board, and discussion requires opposing viewpoints... so shut up."

Irony! :roll:

So I guess we will get a Teaser preview by November or december. Or perhaps it will be like Spider-Man and we'll get one this summer:

Green MPAA Banner:

Paramount Screen, Lucasfilm Logo, Title: "In 1981 the World Was Introduced to a new Kind Of Hero - Next Summer - The Man With The Hat Is Back!", Full Blown INDY FANFARE Music, then "Whip Crack sound as "Indiana Jones And The _____" Flashes across the Screen. "Coming May __, 2008"

I can almost see it now.

So I guess we will get a Teaser preview by November or december. Or perhaps it will be like Spider-Man and we'll get one this summer:

Green MPAA Banner:

Paramount Screen, Lucasfilm Logo, Title: "In 1981 the World Was Introduced to a new Kind Of Hero - Next Summer - The Man With The Hat Is Back!", Full Blown INDY FANFARE Music, then "Whip Crack sound as "Indiana Jones And The _____" Flashes across the Screen. "Coming May __, 2008"

I can almost see it now.

Well, at least it would be some proff that they are making it ;)

Ah, why don't we rename this the OFFICIAL LETS BASH JOE THREAD,

but those bashing me, don't have a grasp of what Im saying.

I do hope this film is good, but considering the terrible prequels(I do have a soft spot for TPM), and my position on TLC compared to the previous two films, and the standard of both filmmaking and scoring that we've gotten from SS and JW, which is not anywhere near their best, I don't really see how Im saying anything wrong. It will take a great effort by both to turn in quality products. Those of you who think JW and SS latest works are up to their usual standards really are settling for less. Personally I expect more. Perhaps my standards are higher, actually there is no perhaps, my standards are higher than most here.

I will be tickled to death if they hit a home run with this film.

I will be tickled to death if they hit a home run with this film.

As would we all. We all want the best film & score. In fact we deserve it.

you too should heed your own words,

remember the fool that lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but they plan to start filming in june with a screenplay from david koepp. Spielberg has put his lincoln pic on hold to make indy his absolute priority. There was no casting yet but I guess that will begin soon:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18208

Looks like they are serious about it this time.

I can understand some people´s reservations for this film, but who can´t be excited with the prospect of a JW´s Indy score?

I agree. I can fully understand the reservations against this project (although I hope these people will be proofen wrong) but who cares what this film is all about as long as it means more williams? And... most importantly... it could mean that Lucasfilm will be finally licencing the complete indy scores for full releases to finally cash-in on them. If that film can help to make this happen, I warmly welcome it.

The Lincoln project can be shelved indefinately as far as Im concerned, not a big fan of biopics, they've all been rather grandeous, and pompous lately. I mean look at Ray, great performance by whats his name, but really it was a snoozer of a pic.

as for Indy Four, I do want Salah, and Marion back, if they can get Karen away from her sweater business, and Willie too, double the danger, and a cat fight.

Disappointed that the Linconl project has been solved, but Spielberg has confirmed Indy IV is his next project, and Lucas and he finalized a script. I woul dhesitate to compare a civil war bio-drama to a typical, run of the mill musician biopic. It's not even the same league, not even the same sport!

The Lincoln project can be shelved indefinately as far as Im concerned, not a big fan of biopics, they've all been rather grandeous, and pompous lately.  I mean look at Ray, great performance by whats his name, but really it was a snoozer of a pic.

I agree it's usually a waste of time.

Nixon was a great film though.

Disappointed that the Linconl project has been solved, but Spielberg has confirmed Indy IV is his next project, and Lucas and he finalized a script.  I would hesitate to compare a civil war bio-drama to a typical, run of the mill musician biopic.  It's not even the same league, not even the same sport!

What was run-of-the-mill, Ray or Ray Charles?

I thought only the cup couldn't pass the great seal.

I think the cup (along with Elsa) is still falling down the bottomless pit.

I will say that my expectations for this film aren't that high either, but I have some hope for it.

I certainly like the idea of Indy returning after 18 years much more than Rocky returning after 21 years, or Rambo after 19 years.

And keep in mind the return of good ol' John McClane after 17 years!

They probably have wait to much for making Indy IV, they should have did it in mid-90s (making a movie out of the Fate of Atlantis' story), but, once again, I hardly think a team composed by Spielberg-Lucas-Ford-Williams can hardly fail, expecially since the previsious 3 Indy movies represent the highest point (along with the first 3 Star Wars) of Ford-Williams careers, and the best stuff in the whole Spielberg's career.

But then again, don't watch it if you don't care. In the DVDs Williams says he can't wait to score another Indy movie, so that's the final words on this discussion. He's right. Period! :thumbup: