The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beauty? The woman's so pale, she's almost invisible. And her intelligence comes across as pompous judging from her dribbling nothing but incoherent bullshit on Inside the Actor's Studio.

Sorry, don't like her.

So is Harrison Ford.

Actually Karen Allen still looks great.

Yes she does, plus she was the most interesting of the women. There was actually some depth to her character.

I don't know about depth...but she is the only one who could actually keep up with Indy during their verbal sparring.

And I like Cate Blanchett. But not for this.

Not to completely change the subject, but what exactly is Indy going to be looking for this time?

Ark of the Covenant: DONE!

Stones of Chumbawumba (can't remember what they're called): DONE!

Holy Grail: DONE!

So what's next? Two thirds of the main artifacts he looks for are Bible-related, so I tried starting there. I don't know if it's because I'm goofy, but the first thing that occurred to me was Noah's Ark. I don't know what magical power that would have. Maybe multiplying any object put inside it by two? Maybe he could look for the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. (Or at least the box it was in before it blew up)

I think there's enough mythology for him to dig through though.

What about the Necronomicon Ex Mortus: Book . . . of the Dead! (Dramatic chord) Okay, that's a complete joke, but I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. I don't know tons of mythology.

But, considering George Lucas lately, maybe they'll cut corners and just name Indy's son Harry and have them look for the Scorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone.

Hmmm....both indy and Star trek is done by Paramount.

Perhaps a combo would be in order.

Indiana Jones on the lookout for a Dilithium Crystal that a Starship doing scintific research into Earth's past accidentally left behind.

Fearfull of a change in the timeline, The Enterprise, headed by Young Kirk on his first mission heads back into time to reclaim the item.

They can put Gary Seven in it and some Russians.

There was a fake (?) screenplay out ten years ago or so called "Indiana Jones and the Sons of Darkness", where Indy searches for Noah's Ark (there's some witty lines about "I already found the Ark" - "No, not THAT Ark!") based upon some new discoveries in the caves of Qmran (sic), and battles some Russian occultist for Hitler's bones... ah yes, there's also an atom bomb and Stalin. Actually it was quite an exciting read... featering Indy's son, Abner ;)

I have that script, although I've never actually read it. It's a fan fiction, and it's actually titled Alabama Smith and the Sons of Darkness, probably for copyright issues.

The Noah's Ark storyline is one of the oldest rumors whenever the subject of a 4th IJ film came up.

Indy will be looking for god himself in this one. It will be interspliced with Star Trek V.

He's in talks with Spielberg for an unannounced project. He let that slip in an interview published last week.

Here's the relevant excerpt:

While we're on the subject, he can't resist mentioning that Spielberg has just offered him something in an as-yet-unannounced project. Whoops, he adds, unrepentantly, maybe he shouldn't have mentioned that.

So most likely not Indy IV, since that has been announced, right?

For all we know this project could be anything maybe even something that Spielberg is only producing.

Do Interstellar, Lincoln or even JP 4 still count as yet unannounced? I mean it's commonly known that these films are in development but have they been announced yet?

Can't wait for Williams magnificent theme when they find the City of Gods

Same here. I would a like new fresh score for Indiana Jones IV.

As opposed to what, a re-hash of an old Indy score?

If John Williams can make a new fresh score for Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban compared to his previous Potter scores....then he can do with Indiana Jones IV or any sequel film. I would be wisable to do a new fresh score rather then rehashing of an old score but still using the important themes such as the raider march and any other old themes if needed in an impropriate way.

Anyway it all depends on the adventure story for Indiana Jones IV....

Yes well actually each of the three indiana Jones score are different because it has a different adventures and different encounters or characters or artifacts or locations or whatever it could be in each Indy film and you can't use some of themes that is in in previous Indy film that it is not in the next Indy film such as the themes for the artifacts Indy is looking for....like the ark theme from Raiders can't be use in Temple of Doom considering temple of Doom is got nothing to do with the Ark at all. That the same with the last crusade. Whatever the adventure will be in Indiana Jones IV like I said it all depends on the adventure story... if it happens to be any links to previous films in Indiana Jones IV such as the ark theme in the last crusade when Indy and his Indy girl enters the Catacombs at the Library showing a picture of the ark on the wall...

I like the title, Indiana Jones and the City of Gods, though, since they haven't even started production (or Pre-Production for all we know) on the film, it's likely that this is just a rumor.

I would love to hear a fourth Williams score for this series, as I've enjoyed the previous three immensely, and highly believe that he could pull off something completely different as he's proven time and time again. I'd love to see another change in musical direction.

Tim