The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

Oh , If Williams is going to score this , I'm waiting it like moon rising.

In some interview he said that he'll continue to work every (week)day to write some music.

What a great amount of new music is waiting for us.

What I'm waititng for is those new beautiful action themes and love themes . The whip alone

is going to have 5 new themes.Indy's hat 3. That much have John worked for this movie.

I'm so excited of this that I can't get to sleep but gonna open an other winebottle instead...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like the absence of a Williams' score is like the absence of water in the desert. Right now a lot of people on the board are suffering from dehydration, seeing taunting mirages, and losing touch with reality.

Tim

Yeah, Mr. Ex-alchoholic.

That is no laughing matter, Mr. Rabbit!

I didn't say it was. In fact, it would be a shame if Hornist returned to the drink for Indy IV.

As KM put it, he would be drinking for a long time.

Still no news on Sean Connery yet whether or not he will sign on to be Dr. Jones father.

That's good....hopefully he gets well to be able to act in Indiana Jone IV considering he his written into the script and film shooting starts like within 2 months from now.

Here's the latest from the Executive Producer:

Can Harrison Ford, who's in his 60s now, still handle Indiana Jones? The upcoming fourth film in the series will be as action-packed as expected, producer George Lucas recently confirmed to USA Today. However, he doesn't think Ford will have trouble keeping up. The key lies in how the action is done.

Lucas explained: "[indy's] not running in any of the movies. He's either on a horse or driving a car or a motorcycle. And he'll play his age in this movie with what's appropriate. The chases are more suspenseful than speedy. Like the rolling ball in the first film — it's not that he's running that fast, it's that there's a giant ball coming at him.

"And he will get beat up, which is a tradition for us."

So expect thrills and suspense from Indiana Jones IV, but don't expect Harrison Ford to be jumping off too many buildings or escaping on foot from villains with machine guns.

Lucas also commented on the casting of Cate Blanchett. As it turns out, she wasn't Lucas's choice, but rather someone that Steven Spielberg, who's directing the film, insisted on bringing aboard. "That's who my director wanted, and I always bow to the wishes of my director. I approved it because she seemed like a good idea."

If Lucas keeps trusting Spielberg's judgment, the film should be in good hands.

Lucas also says that, in the manner of secrecy he's become known for, the title of the last Indy flick will be kept under wraps until the first trailer hits theaters -- that should be later this year, around Thanksgiving.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/778/778598p1.html

Lucas explained: "[indy's] not running in any of the movies. He's either on a horse or driving a car or a motorcycle.

Mr, Lucas...What was Indy f*****g doing in the plains of Peru, a walk in the park with the company of some locals behind him?

Lucas does have a point though. Most of Indy's action takes place upon a moving object or steed. Apart from Peru and off the top of my head, the Cairo market sequence is the only other place where Indy 'runs' a little. Nothing a lot of fit men in their sixties couldn't handle.

Sometimes the guy is such a big fat liar...

:) OMG

Starts flagelations

Heh heh heh heh....

I can feel the hate flow through you.

Give in to your anger and join the Trek side!

NEVER!

I will never join you! :o

I've started watching Star Trek Enterprise reruns,since it's in HD format and has Jolene Blalock

k.M.Watching lots of shows he never watched before because of HD

There's plenty running in the ToD climax

Which of course was mostly vic armstrong.

Yeah, I'm sure anything they do with Indy running can be easily done with a double and lots of reverse or wide shots.

There's plenty running in the ToD climax

Which of course was mostly vic armstrong.

Yeah, I'm sure anything they do with Indy running can be easily done with a double and lots of reverse or wide shots.

Or a CGI Indy!

I would preferably use stunts like the same way how they make the previous Indiana Jones films rather then CGI Indy.

It will be interesting to see a movie without cg-stunt doubles for a change. In all of todays popcorn flicks you have a cg-stand-in for really complicated stunts and the problem is, no matter how good they are looking or how convincing their are animated... they always look totally fake.

It will be interesting to see a movie without cg-stunt doubles for a change. In all of todays popcorn flicks you have a cg-stand-in for really complicated stunts and the problem is, no matter how good they are looking or how convincing their are animated... they always look totally fake.

i rather have them than TOD's molarram's ragdoll, IMO :lol:

I'm certainly not advocating a CG Indy, it would be totally out of place in the context of the films, but there's no doubt it could be done fairly well now. I still have a hard time believing that the shot of the Fellowship crossing the bridge of Khazad-Dum is all CG.

I'm sure the technology of 2006/2007 would be able to create a much more believable CGI Indy double than the technology of 2001 that gave us the ever so wonderful CGI doubles of Harry and Neville in PS/SS.

I still have a hard time believing that the shot of the Fellowship crossing the bridge of Khazad-Dum is all CG.

That might be because it's not.

Actually, the entire shot really is CG. Check the docs on the disc. It came as a suprise to me because I always assumed the actors themselves were real. Superb CG indeed.

That said, I read an interview sometime ago with Spielberg in which he stated that he successfully persuaded Lucas to do all the effects work for Indy IV the 'old skool' way. He mentioned something about continuity.

I stand corrected. As I recalled, the actors were all filmed seperately, doing their run across a blue screen floor, with the bridge marked on the ground.

In fact, each actor was motion-captured seperately (and their walk captured in three parts, as the bridge was so long), and then properly timed to each other after the fact. So the footage of the charactes is digital (with the bridge being a miniature), but the performance was from the actors.

Lord of the Rings has some of the best CG stuff in any film. Although, for CG characters, POTC's Davy Jones beats Gollum any day.