The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true, but I still insist on it, just in case.

Sequels just make a lot more sense if you watch them in release order (prequels as well, it just gives more insight in the creative background if you've seen the earlier films).

some of you are bassackwards when it comes to watching films..... :eek:

Is there already set a date for the recording sessions and the time this leaks to the net? :shakehead:

Well considering they just started filming and Williams hasn't spotted the film, nor has he begun the 2 months of composing, I'd say the odds of an actual date for the scoring sessions might not be on the agenda right now.

I am guessing that filming will end this fall and since recording sessions usually happen rather late in the post-pro game these days I would guess that the score will be recorded sometime in spring 2008.

Considering he has nothing else going on right now I wonder if Williams is already jotting down some ideas?

John- who is still dubious about the movie but very excited about the score

The LSO would be great, but I doubt they'd fly all the way over there just for scoring sessions unless they were doing some other work in London too.

what extra work did they do in london for AOTC and ROTS? werent those filmed in Australia?

Anway this is a thing that must be a success, choosing the best orchestra can help that.

and its been 18 years since the last indy movie, they may want to make it big!

what extra work did they do in london for AOTC and ROTS? werent those filmed in Australia?

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that some of the reshoots were done in London. But besides that, by that point is was an unbreakable tradition that the LSO did Star Wars.

:eek:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!

Indy is BACK!!

Seriously, that is freakin' awesome. He seriously still looks like Indy. Big time. This is awesome stuff. I'm really pumped now. :P:(:D

:shakehead:

I'm with Manuel, I hope they re-use the LSO. After 7 months of seeing them perform 2 times per month, but appreciation has never been greater.

That was years ago. And I've changed since then.

Did you miss that part of my post?

Idiot!

I agree with Marc, sometimes it just turns out that way due to circumstances :devil:

Burga - who watched Raiders, TLC, TOD in that order

I'm with Manuel, I hope they re-use the LSO. After 7 months of seeing them perform 2 times per month, but appreciation has never been greater.

LSO= remote chance of a complete score release eventually

I doubt Williams will use the LSO, Raiders was the only film that they used for the series.

So.......

Nobody knows what orchestra Williams will use for Indy IV yet until it happens sometime next year... Chances are he might pick the LSO for Indy IV considering they only making one more Indiana Jones movie...

If this is really going to be recorded in the U.S. then I really hope the album will be very good because a union recording will make a complete release impossible for the near future.

No, not with the new Union regulations, it's now apparently cheaper to release the music, especially if the orchestra members are credited in the booklet.

As for a complete score release, that's something we don't have to worry about for at least 15 years.

I understand that the credits dont have anything to do with the reduced costs but more the new deal that was made some years ago regarding reduced re-use fees. However, that only seems to happen when they print less than 15000 units and an indy soundtrack is likely to have a much larger run. And even reduced fees does not help to stop companies like walt disney, hollywood or warner records to screw up releases and we don't even know what label will produce the album in the end.

This is John Williams we're talking about, the album will be 60 to 70 minutes regardless of where it's recorded. It also depends on how much music Williams approves for the CD.

Teh album will be 65 minutes long,with that super cool transition of the Russian March into the End Credits edited off the album

If he's still able to compose for the film.

If I were Spielberg I'd give him the script and tell him to start composing and if any changes are needed once the film is done William Ross can step in if Williams is unable to.

Yes and put a nice warm blanket on his lap so he doesn't get cold legs.

What about a bed pan?

Is Williams gonna be wheeled of the stage if he needs to have a pee, or are the orchestra member asked to face the other direction?

I didn't really get the comment about expanded releases and the LSO. I mean, a lot of expanded releases are from scores performed by the LSO. The examples are numerous.

Has the full name of the movie been announced yet?

FSM online edition, in the upcomimng projects lists it as Indiana Jones & The City of the Gods, and I saw that name mentioned a couple of other places.

So is that title official?

City of the Gods is the top rumored title, nothing is official yet.

John- who sometimes thinks in the back of his mind that this could turn out to be a huge Spielberg practical joke

No thats still the title that has been rumoured for a while now. Those close to the production have even dubbed this project x in order to avoid the title being made official too early. That's at least what this article is saying:

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articl...ews/local01.txt