The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a la Spielbergfilms.com

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'

It may have been an odd paring, but synergy rules in Hollywoodland.† On tonight's MTV Music Video Awards (VMAs), Shia LaBeouf appeared to give the award show's live audience and millions of viewers at home a big tease of what Steven Spielberg, cast and crew have been hard at work crafting for the next Indy film, if in name only.

He dropped the film's official title.

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

where's the article on spielbergfilms? i found another one here though.

"Shia revealed, “So I’ve been sworn to secrecy by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas not to tell you the title of the next Indiana Jones movie. What the hell, I’m 21 and we’re in Vegas, baby, so here it goes. The official title to the next Indiana Jones installment: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.”"

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/09/09/in...-crystal-skull/

Hmm, sounds too long. I have no idea what the title means, but limiting it to"...and the Crystal Skull" would at least roll of the tongue a little easier. In any case, weird title.

Ray Barnsbury

Can't imagine Shia would do that...he's always seemed so humble on the videos on indianajones.com. I think Spielberg either told him it was okay to say that, or that's not true, or both.I personally hope it's not true. I was hoping City of Gods would be the title.

It's true!

New Indiana Jones Adventure to be Titled

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (Sept. 9, 2007) – The title of the new Indiana Jones adventure, now in production under the direction of Steven Spielberg, is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it was revealed today by actor Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf, who stars in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone and John Hurt, announced the title during today’s MTV Video Music Awards, which were broadcast live from Las Vegas.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a Lucasfilm Ltd. and is being distributed by Paramount Pictures. It will be released in the U.S. and simultaneously in most territories worldwide on Thursday, May 22, 2008. Frank Marshall returns as producer, with Kathleen Kennedy joining George Lucas as executive producer.

Breaking news about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull can be found at http://www.indianajones.com.

-Erik-

That name would fit better as an Harry Potter movie. ;)

But it's still better than the other one with the word "Gods" in it.

Weird title anyways. We'll see. If it's really leaked and it's really the final title of the movie (which I doubt...they often change the title while in the works) they should punish the guy, like paying him less than agreeded, or making Indy whip his character many times. :P

That name would fit better as an Harry Potter movie. ;)

But it's still better than the other one with the word "Gods" in it.

Weird title anyways. We'll see. If it's really leaked and it's really the final title of the movie (which I doubt...they often change the title while in the works) they should punish the guy, like paying him less than agreeded, or making Indy whip his character many times. :P

well, if you noticed, its already Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on the official website...

Star Wars.com is even showing it off... My guess is they wanted him to leak it... if they had these t-shirts ready to be sold the next day... you know?

And the site name and everything already prepped...

http://starwars.com/community/news/films/news20070910.html

Star Wars.com is even showing it off... My guess is they wanted him to leak it... if they had these t-shirts ready to be sold the next day... you know?

And the site name and everything already prepped...

http://starwars.com/community/news/films/news20070910.html

Hmmm... looks funny. I mean compared to the other titles it's very long indeed...

It's very unusual to have such a long subtitle below the Indiana Jones logo.

RAIDERS

of the

LOST ARK

INDIANA JONES

and the

TEMPLE OF DOOM

INDIANA JONES

and the

LAST CRUSADE

INDIANA JONES

and the

KINGDOM OF

THE CRYSTAL SKULL

But then again...

INDIANA JONES

and the

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

as it's now officially called

A long title too...

But who cares, i really look forward to it.

But then again...

INDIANA JONES

and the

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

as it's now officially called

only on the box i think?

yes, only on the DVD and VHS Boxes... but maybe theY'll change the Main Title someday.

Oh well...

Not the best of titles, but I suppose it does have a certain campy charm...

And the mythos of crystal skulls (weren't they proven to be a late 19th century Arts&Crafts hoax, though?) could generate some wonderful music.

Sounds like this one might aim to "sum up" the Indy saga, and bridge the gap that exists between ToD and the other two films.

There seems to be a genre-gap between Tod on the one hand, and the other two on the other hand. ToD is more of an adventure film with horror undertones, whereas the others are less "fantastical", and more based Indy the archeologist as well as the adventurer.

But maybe I'm just dazzled by the very different texture and aesthetic of Tod (which I like, btw)

It sounds better if you take the "Indiana Jones and the" off of it. For me it's just "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"... yeah. Cooler.

Oh, and in short hand.... KOCS... I mean .... KOTCS (we better go with the second one...)

I was hoping Indy would be after a Leprecaun's Pot o' Gold this time. Indiana Jones and the Pot o' Gold

I'm not sure if we can totally trust that young actor or a cold website. Maybe it could be a commercial move to raise the hype (not that was necessary, though)...they could have fun looking on how the rest of the world is starting trying to imagine how could this movie look like and then in some months they came out with another title.

I won't believe this is the really official title as long as I don't see Spielberg or Ford announce it (they can cheat us through "false" teasers and trailers, or just with working titles, you know...remember "Indiana Jones and the Doomed Temple"?).

I don't mind the title being long. It's still a bit weird to me, but I don't really care about it, as it's the movie itself that counts, and as Indy4 said, don't judge a book by its cover...I rather have a great movie with a bad title that having a bad movie with a good title. :o

But this movie won't disappoint the fans. If they waited so long, they must really have an explosive script.

Mirko - noticing how many members with Indy-related nicknames are here lately. :lol:

I'm not sure if we can totally trust that young actor or a cold website.

So I guess we can't trust IndianaJones.com, the OFFICIAL Indiana Jones website

Yes, it's official, but it's a "cold" website, a website that in the past haven't been updated for ages (I think the last changing before the total IndyIV restyling was to announce the DVDs, in 2003 :o ) and isn't updated enough even now.

It looks almost exactly like a fansite that copies and past the news from others sites...

And I didn't said "we can't trust", but "we can't totally trust". :lol:

Two years from now that seemingly crazy title will seem as obviously normal as any other Indy title does. It just needs to settle in a little. If the internet existed back when the ToD title was announced, the message boards would've been flame fests of DOOM.

It happened with The Phantom Menace, nobody liked the title and as shit as that film turned out to be, the title now feels like an old friend. Albeit a friend I can't stand.

To me IJATKOTCS ( :o ) sounds about as schlocky as any Indy title should be.

crap...it's too long for a indy title...

They said they would reveal the title with the teaser....

Anyway, the indy ride in Disneyland Japan is called the temple of the crystal skull. I read they were going to make a new indy ride in disneyworld. Could they be making a joke and have revealed the title of the ride?

Indy already searched for this skull in 'Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone' novel...

Indiana jones and the Doomed temple is the exact translation to english of the Spanish one... maybe they (here) did not update the title when it was changed :o

Is ANYBODY surprised that this came from the "creative" mind behind such great titles as "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones?"

Whatever "it" is, GL used to have it. But now, clearly, he's lost it.

I don't like City of Gods. It's too "general" and pretty banal. This KOTCS title is indeed weird, but at least it's original.

And the Oscar goes to "Harry Potter and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I mean, Indiana Jones"

I suppose I'll get used to it, in time.

IJATKOTCS

I think I'll stick to Indy 4.

John- who likes the titles The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith

John2- who knew sooner or later the prequel titles would be dragged into this

I obviously guess that the artifact that Indy is looking for is the crystal skulls. Awesome! I wonder what supernatural hocus pocus magical power for the crystal skulls is going be?

But this movie won't disappoint the fans. If they waited so long, they must really have an explosive script.

Yes! That's excactly what I thought! Despite the recent criticism of new sequels of great, old movies, I can't help thinking that this movie will be a winner. Do I expect it to be better than Last Crusade or Raiders? No, but I do expect it to be great, and better than ToD.

Mirko - noticing how many members with Indy-related nicknames are here lately. :)

Really? Who? :P

Meh!

I liked City Of Gods better.

ALOT better.

Yes...there are several different views you can take on this:

1. ToD was an incredibly corny title.

2. Most people (including me) think ToD was the worst film in the trilogy.

3. Perhaps ToD wasn't a corny title back then...I don't really remember.

4. After everyone has been waiting for this new movie for so long, the first thing that we hear about it is bad!