The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I read an interview with LaBeouf just a few months ago in which he claimed to be above all that stuff.

Everybody drinks underage, of course, but to be arrested takes quite a lot of carelessness.

Not really good news, but at least he isn't going down the same paths that many stars his age (and younger) are following. Plus, the article said he was "polite and courteous".

Well, I understand it is rather more difficult to procure alcohol in the US if you are underage than in many other countries. Here, for instance, the legal age is 18, and the only places that carded were those establishments that were aiming for a 22 and up crowd. I can't imagine what my teens would have looked like without alcohol. At the very least, all the school trips would be boring as hell. And so many weekends that are nothing more than a drunken stupor......good times. It's so incovenient to get drunk now that I drive.....a White Russian and a beer is what I must settle for.

Many have, Ray. Few have lived up to my expectations. I have been particularly unstoppable of late. So much for marriage handicapping one's game...

I got married a little over a year ago. And no it hasn't affected the beer pong game, thankfully. Dressed as Kirk Fogg (from Legends of the Hidden Temple) I dominated at a recent Halloween party.

Ted

Yes she was, but she is not my beer pong partner. In fact, she is routinely (faux-)offended when I don't ask her to be my partner. But my reasoning is that she doesn't like to drink beer, which translates to me drinking double. That of course does not fly well with me. I need to keep focused and not get drunk too quickly.

And thanks for the congratulations. Although my wife is not much of a film music fan or a cinema nut like me, it's been an amazing year. That I can enjoy my youth as well as the responsbilities and pleasures of home ownership, graduate school, and marriage is actually quite nice, if at times stressful when trying to keep up with it all.

Ted

So, is anyone else watching The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on the History channel?

The 'younger' episodes are rather boring but his World War I adventures are quite fun. I was really impressed with the first half of Demons of Deception, especially McNeely's score. Tracks 2-8 on volume one of the soundtrack are a great listen.

The imagery with the soldiers in the trenches playing the chess game was great as well.

I heard rumours that John Williams is currently working on the music for the trailer, either writing some new material or re-arranging some familiar themes.

Who knows. Not all trailers reused old materials. It could be new material as well or materials taken from somewhere else that written specially for trailers. The materials in POA trailers are new material but it was arranged specifically for that trailer not for the actual score or for the soundtrack. That double trouble theme in the trailers is arranged differently compared to the arrangement that appeared on the soundtrack Album.

So, is anyone else watching The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones on the History channel?

The 'younger' episodes are rather boring but his World War I adventures are quite fun. I was really impressed with the first half of Demons of Deception, especially McNeely's score. Tracks 2-8 on volume one of the soundtrack are a great listen.

The imagery with the soldiers in the trenches playing the chess game was great as well.

do you have to see all of them to understand them, or can you just see a random one to understand it?

You don't need to see them in order. Basically it either follows his travels with his parents as a little kid (which are mostly boring) or one of his adventures as a soldier in World War I. In fact I believe they were originally produced to be aired out of chronological order, with an old Indy introducing them.

However, they're not as self-contained as the movies. Each episode roughly picks up where the previous left off.

Hmmm...I just listened to the Indy suite on the A Musical History of Disneyland set. I must say its pretty darn fun!

Is it a John Williams arragement or a Star tours like edit?

I dont think its an edit. It does sound like a different recording to the OSTs at least. For example there's a choir shouting 'korah!' once in the segment taken from Mt. Humol. Dont know who arranged it tho. Btw, I just realized that the Indy ride at the Tokyo park is called The Temple of the Crystal Skull....

Oh, UGPM. :)