The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

I heard that Ahmed Best and Hayden Christensen have small roles in it too .

In fact Jar Jar Binks is one of the Rosewell aliens ,Lucas said he wanted to tie the Indy saga with the Star Wars universe

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually wouldn't it be more like:

"Oh, Indy, whatsa in theesa ark?"

"Oh nice goodies Jar Jar, go ahead,open it!"

"Yousa sure Indy? No boomba bad stuff?"

"Everything is fine Jar Jar, I'll stand right here next.....oh look the Holy Grail on that next mountainl!!! Go ahead and open it, I'll be back in 30 minutes."

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=7865

During a Paramount Pictures presentation at ShoWest, it was announced that a second trailer for "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is currently being worked on. The studio stated that the first trailer was one of the most watched trailers ever and that fans will get the second on mid-to-late April. [via IESB]

Also rather interesting:

To secure its success, Paramount also added that the new Indy film will be released in more theaters than any other Paramount movie.

Though why they're talking about Indy 4 on the Worst Previews website, I don't know . . . .

Cool stuff. Now that the teaser's out, I'm assuming they'll dispense with the Tyler/National Treasure red herrings and give us a straight trailer with all (if not new) JW music.

Of course, if that's not the case, is it gonna keep me from seeing the movie?

Not a chance.

Though why they're talking about Indy 4 on the Worst Previews website, I don't know . . . .

I take it you aren't familiar with Worst Previews.

This was just posted as tracklist on The Raven forums. See here. There was no source provided and is probably a fake. Still there might be some spoilers in the track titles.

1. Doomtown

2. Brody' Legacy

3. Prior Knowledge

4. Agent Spalko

5. Legend of the Crystal Skulls

6. Ambushed

7. Rapid Descent

8. Old Acquaintances

9. Knowledge is power

10. Temple of Akator

11. Council of the Crystal Bretheran

12. Secrets and Lies

13. End Credits

Indeed. Promising titles. And while I doubt The Raven would be the first to get this scoop......the titles don't sound that outlandish.

I could care less about track titles.

One could be called "Indy Steps In A Pile Of Doggarbage" for all I care.

I just want the music. Although it does look fake to me.

After The Phantom Menace ost fiasco I'll never read the tracklist of a pre-release score again.

I'm actually quite surprised at the readiness of some people here to have this film's plot spoiled for them in advance. I dunno, me being a proper Indy fan, I won't go near anything remotely spoilerish.

Luke's right to point out the absence of the End Credits suite (Raiders March). This supposed tracklist is missing the recent staples in Williams OST's, i.e. one track having the word "Chase" in it, and at least track being named "The (fill in the blank) Scene," e.g. "The Intersection Scene," or "The Fire Scene." On the real tracklist, I'm expecting tracks along the lines of "The Temple Scene" and "Jungle Chase."

Isn't it too early to have any real track titles? Even when we had somewhat official ones for Episode III from Sony, they still changed quite a bit before being finalized sometime in mid-April. My guess is that we'd be getting the scoop on track titles in early- to mid-April. Do we even know which record company is distributing the soundtrack?

Ted

After The Phantom Menace ost fiasco I'll never read the tracklist of a pre-release score again.

I'm actually quite surprised at the readiness of some people here to have this film's plot spoiled for them in advance. I dunno, me being a proper Indy fan, I won't go near anything remotely spoilerish.

I am too curious :) And I want to know beforehand if I will be disappointed or excited when I'm going to see it.

I am too curious :) And I want to know beforehand if I will be disappointed or excited when I'm going to see it.

Sigh, gone are the days when people simply and innocently sat in the theatre in blissful ignorance of what they were about to see. Kind of like when Raiders came out back in 81'...

Yeah, I really don't think being "spoiled" works. Imagine reading the last chapter of a murder mystery first. Knowing all about the plot (and soundtrack, and images) is one of the things that ruined Revenge of the Sith for me. Oh, and the fact that the movie sucked ass didn't help. Anyway, that's why I've decided to avoid info on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

How are these for track titles? Completely made up, of course. :)

1. Main Title: South Nevada, 1957

contains slight hints of the Ark Theme and Crystal Skull Theme

2. March of the Russians

aka "March of the Russkies"

3. Introducing Mutt Williams

here Mutt's rock-based theme is introduced and the Crystal Skull Theme is first heard in full

4. Student Protest

aka "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra V2". It merges the Raiders March with Mutt's theme and the original Scherzo

5. Train to Mexico

development of the Cystal Skull theme as the myth is further explained

6. Old Friends and Fiesty Flames

Marion's Theme returns!

7. The River Chase

completely new action piece with the Raiders March, Mutt's Theme and Marion's Theme all combined

8. Night Camp

the Raiders March is played very depressingly as Indy is captured, followed by a tortured version of the March of the Russians

9. Spalko's Duel

Mutt's Theme in battle-mode pitched versus the March of the Russkies

10. I Though You Were Dead

the Ark Theme is merged with Marion's Theme to illustrate the reappearance of thought-to-be-dead character

11. The Temple of the Crystal Skull

the Crystal Skull theme is played with choir backing, but then mayhem ensues and the Crystal Skull Theme and March of the Russians are played at once

12. The Stargate Scene

the Crystal Skull theme takes on Stargate-esque proportions with major choir backing as the temple flies away

13. Finale and End Title

this track does not contain the actual End Title music, just like ToD's Finale and End Credits did not contain the Finale music

14. Crystal Skull Theme (Concert Suite)

completely performed on the Continuum Fingerboard

Amen!

I could care less about track titles.

One could be called "Indy Steps In A Pile Of Doggarbage" for all I care.

I just want the music. Although it does look fake to me.

As long as it doesn't sound like doggarbage. :D

I had a dream that I was shopping in some kind of electronics store. I decided to check out the soundtracks and sitting there was the score for Crystal Skull, in 3 different versions. The first was your typical looking single-disc package, complete with theatrical poster art. The second was a 2-disc set, although I'm not sure what was on that second disc (behind-the-scenes footage of making the score?) but the cover art seemed a little generic. It featured the title in giant letters across the front with a whip in the background. The third version also featured the theatrical poster art, but would only play in HD-DVD players (. . . you got me there). I bought the 2-disc set and was going to play it in my car, until something distracted me and I never did.

Dreaming about the score . . . this is getting to be a little ridiculous (although I'm irritated I didn't listen to it, or at least check out the track names).

Dreaming about the score . . . this is getting to be a little ridiculous (although I'm irritated I didn't listen to it, or at least check out the track names).

You have nothing to miss. I had similar dreams about RotS score and it was so incredibly good that the actual score just couldn't stand up :blink:

Not to get anyone's hopes up......

But I think we have our first score clip online.....

Empire Ford Video

It doesn't remotely sound like Williams

Oh yes it does. The orchestrations are VERY Williams. And the action music sounds very much like contemporary Williams. There are also slight hints to the Raiders theme in the music. Not to mention, the choral part sounds a great deal like what was used in ROTS...almost Lord of the Rings sounding. Even if it doesn't turn out to be Williams, saying it doesn't "remotely sound" like Williams is just silly.