The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

Oh, you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. It is a fun, campy film, that is supposed to be bad.

There is no such thing as wrong (or right) perspective. There is only perspective.

And the film doesn't make sense to me at all. Even in its genre.

Karol, who hates TLW's ending.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to drink salft water one organism must be built for that, live in or near the seas.

Example: gulls, fish and galapago's iguanas.

I think T-Rexes were mainland creatures so, its rather unfeasible it could drink salt water without having side effects, and animals insticts knows what is bad... but you never know...

BTW TLW true ending is very beautiful, and worth the city scenes :beerchug:

But at times feels like it's a copy of the first film.

But I love the score and the dark tone. And most of the visuals are great as well.

The dinosaur attacks someone at the beginning, there's a majestic sequence/music for the first view of a dinosaur, the first major T-Rex sequence takes place in the rain with a car, The Raptor sequence takes place at the end with the victims being persued thru the compound.

Granted there are alot of other differences but the major set pieces and structure almost copy JP.

The fact that the whole sequence doesn't make sense. He gets out of the bay to the city to search for water? Dumb.

Karol

Aside from the fact that, yes, the bay only has salt water, 'dumb' is something that is not a bad thing in a campy film. And the are different perspectives. You can take a film and look at it as one kind of film, and then look at it in an entirely different way. First time I saw TLW, I thought it was serious. It sucked, I hated it. Most recent time I saw, I noticed that it was not supposed to be taken seriously. My perspective changed, and it made the film better.

I still maintain that TLW is a slightly better film then JP.

I disagree there. I think that JP captures a dynamic sense of adventure that I love. And also, it contains a subtext that I loved, one that is evident, though far less interesting in TLW. I also disagree about the scores. TLW is great fun (Action music with calypso rythems? fantastic!), with a tremendous theme, but there is some real majesty and excitment in the first one.

I do agree, however, that they do not look or feel the same.

As far as I'm concerned, The Lost World is not a better movie than Jurassic Park. It follows in the tradition of sequels which aren't as good as the original.

Rabbit--who thinks that Jurassic Park is overrated, but still good.

Not all home pools are chlorine-filled. Some of them can be just salt water. How do you know for the fact that pool at the end of TLW is actually is chlorine-filled?

Yeah well but mind you Saltwater pool do exists if you don't believe me.

I've swam in one, it wasn't a house pool, it was a hotel pool, down in the Florida Keys, but it was a saltwater "lagoon" pool filled with fish, nonetheless.

Anyway, what's wrong with chlorinated water? It's perfectly drinkable.

Sure its drinkable, but only if you don't care about the side effects.

Yeah well but mind you Saltwater pool do exists if you don't believe me.

I've swam in one, it wasn't a house pool, it was a hotel pool, down in the Florida Keys, but it was a saltwater "lagoon" pool filled with fish, nonetheless.

:)

Wow, I can't believe you guys are actually debating the T-Rex drinking out of the pool.

That thought never crossed my mind when I saw the film. Common sense would tell you he wasn't thirsty when he got off the boat. As he was walking thru the neighbor hood he got thirsty and stopped for a drink.

Yes...didn't Dr. Malcolm girlfriend Sarah said something like that T-Rex is looking something for thirst and then hunt for meat later....as a hint of what will happen as a prediction which did turn out to be...

The tranquiliser and stimulant dose Ingen gave the rex made him thristy and later hungry. As sarah said.

Water that pours from our houses plumbery is chlorinated, nos AS chlorinated as a pool, but pools, chlorinated correctly, should pose no threat to humans. Much less that salt wated.

I haw seen swallows and swifts drink in pools. I hope they didnt got themselves terminaded in the end... :)

I know salt water pools. The shallow small ones for little kids. But they are never refilled with salt water... draw you own conclusions :)

Yeah we have been far off the topic for quite a while haven't we?...ummmm whats up with Indy 4?

Yeah whats up with it? Will there be any salt water pool in that film? Will indy drink from it and become immortal?

They had Indy versing a Crocodile in the indiana jones games so yeah of course Indy can verse a Crocodile...I mean really good to see Indy verse a sea monster or sea or river creature in a film...even though they had crocodiles in river in temple of doom...but that was much anything a fight for indy...

Why should I fight Indy? We're best friends!

Anyway, Koepp's TLW script wasn't poably his worst, but his Spider-Man certainly was. If this is what I should expect from Indiana Jones film, then they're in trouble.

Karol