The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

Well if we have a fun relationship like that, im fine.. but it would be too noticeable that they are substituting Henry Jones Sr... instead of using indy's father it would be indy's (accidental) father-in-law

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people don't have wide screen TV's

That doesn't make one bit of difference.

Regardless, be sure to check out this story.

Neil

Hilarious. Except that you're not missing as much as he claims - The Matrix Reloaded was shot on Super 35. :folder:

Wait, so if Abner's in this film at all, would that mean that Marion's back for a good chunk of the film? And if so, then what is Cate Blanchett doing? I smell a false rumor, unless Blanchett's doing an Elsa-style bad girl role, and even if she is, I'm skeptical.

Hmm...well, maybe Marion returning isn't so far-fetched after all. I'm just thinking that if Hurt actually is playing Abner, then it would be really cheap to not have Marion return.

I hope so. If she is, then it's reasonable to think that she's the mother of Indy Jr.

Draw your own conclussions:

ROTLK: Indy and marion make love

TOD: Indy and Willie do not make love

TLC: Indy and Elsa f***, but she dies

I think i read that indy may realise that he is his son in the end. but then the guy must have the ravenwood surname :)

Indy (after punching Shia)

Where's Dr. Ravenwood?

Shia

I'm Dr. Ravenwood!

Marion

Indy!

Indy

Is that Shia?

LATER

Indy

I did what you wanted. I stayed away. Why didn't you tell him?

Marion

How can you ask me that? Were we together? Were we going to be?

You had your world, and I had mine. And I wanted him in mine,

not chasing through the world with his father looking for little bits of junk.

Neil

A lot of people don't have wide screen TV's

That doesn't make one bit of difference.

Regardless, be sure to check out this story.

Neil

Hilarious. Except that you're not missing as much as he claims - The Matrix Reloaded was shot on Super 35. :)

With all the effects shots in that film, 80% of it is cropped.

You know, I used to be one of those who didn't care much for widescreen. I never noticed a difference until I bought the Widescreen Star Wars Trilogy on DVD.

It was a whole new experience. I know everyone knew this for a while, but for me, it was amazing. THe camera angles were different, the panning was different, it was like watching different films. Not to mention there were a few things cut out of the shots for the Full Screen that made some scenes lose impact (mostly in ANH).

IMDb is listing John Hurt as "Abner Ravenwood." Hope that's just a rumor, because flashback sequences would look terrible in an Indy film.

While not exactly a flashback scene, the first of Last Crusade is something of a flashback - or flashfoward, however you look at it.

There's also the possibility that Marion only thinks Abner is dead, like Indy thought Marion was dead in Raiders.

Then there's the most likely possibility that IMDB is just full of it.

I hope so. If she is, then it's reasonable to think that she's the mother of Indy Jr.

Draw your own conclussions:

ROTLK: Indy and marion make love

TOD: Indy and Willie do not make love

TLC: Indy and Elsa f***, but she dies

I think i read that indy may realise that he is his son in the end. but then the guy must have the ravenwood surname :)

And of course, those are the only three times Indy could have ever had sex with a woman.

:)

While not exactly a flashback scene, the first of Last Crusade is something of a flashback - or flashfoward, however you look at it.

That's a very good point. Could it be that the opening sequence is an LC-style flashback with Abner finding something related to the plot? If it is done in that fashion, then it wouldn't be bad at all.

Where's Dr. Ravenwood?

Shia

I'm Dr. Ravenwood!

Marion

Indy!

Indy

Is that Shia?

LATER

Indy

Marion

Neil

:)

Would only work if Indy has a nemesis whose name he can shout out in rage for 20 seconds.

Where's Dr. Ravenwood?

Shia

I'm Dr. Ravenwood!

Marion

Indy!

Indy

Is that Shia?

LATER

Indy

Marion

Neil

INDY: That young man down there, that's my son!

SALLAH: Bad dates.

Its looking more and more like Shia is the son. Unfortunate this is. David Koepp, the screenwriter, is simply awful at portraying parental relationships.

Koepp's parental zingers (movie ruiners):

Jurassic Park

"He left us! hE LEFT Us!"

"that's NOT what I'm gonna do."

Lost World

any dialogue between the daughter and Malcolm

War of the Worlds

"You're safe in your space, You're safe in your space"

Many other forced bits of dialogue

What to do? Lower expectations.

God, he looks like he's just this side of giving the thumbs up sign and saying, "Aaayyyyyyyy!" Naturally there will be a scene when Indy can't turn on a jukebox so Shia will walk over and slap it, thereby starting the exact track his father wanted to hear. Indy will naturally say something like, "You really need to teach me that." Shia will reply, "Sit on it nerd!"

'Its not the age sweetheart, its the Fifties'

Well, after the shock, we already knew he was going to be like that.

Indy must be rolling on his grave if it is his son ;)

With that look, he cannot be Indy's best student....

Sorry Ricard: We have Indy with tie again...

Didn't we see a father/son motorcycle moment in TLC?

And I guess we're getting another one.

You know, I'd love to look at that picture and see Indy on a motorcycle, but all I see is an old Harrison Ford. ;)

Didn't we see a father/son motorcycle moment in TLC?

And I guess we're getting another one.

You know, I'd love to look at that picture and see Indy on a motorcycle, but all I see is an old Harrison Ford. ;)

f_IndyShiam_52ecfd9.png

LOL.

Anyway, indy is not in 'indygear' We can assume it may be the beggining of the film ,and he may still not know he is his son. Maybe indy is late to university and picks the 1st thing he sees, saying he is going to pay for the ride...

But in the other hand, i dont think a greaser would let an unknown man a grip on his hip like that, if it was not his father.

Maybe, after all Indy is married/divorced with marion and knows of his son all along? (well surely not in Last crusade, neither fate of atlantis, nor in Infernal machine...) :)

At least i think Lucas greenlights the story of these.

its not like the countless SW books...

but yes. you are right

Anyway, it was not a sole mention on the 'spouse' in YOung indy. And that's (or maybe was?) 100 % canonical...

I don't know how this matter is officially regarded by Lucasfilm or Paramount, but I consider anything that happened outside the Indiana Jones films to be completely seperate.

Also, the 3 films are they are now have plenty of inconsistansies amongst themselves, but that hardly matters, like the James Bond films.

I don't know how this matter is officially regarded by Lucasfilm or Paramount, but I consider anything that happened outside the Indiana Jones films to be completely seperate.

Ok on th indy books and games, but hell the series was supervised by Lucas himself.

Now, WHAT speilberg thinks, thats another matter.

Regarding the bond films: At least mr ford is still indy on this one... :)

Not exactly.Harrison Ford once made an appearance on the Young Indiana Jones series

Harrison Ford's German dub voice artist was featured in some of the Indy games, as far as I remember...

Marian - who doesn't think that makes them canon. :baaa:

In spain, they used the han solo voice (and the most used harrison ford dub) for infernal machine. Its more likely that they are using that voice for indy IV.

You payin'?

Never been to the netherlands... :)

The Netherlands is great (that doesn't sound right!).

Especially for a great many things which are illegal in most other countries :D

(and for the art, music and landscape too I guess)

We have great music?

Come off it!

I did go to a bitchin summer electronica festival in Amsterdam a couple years back, in addition to a Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra concert.

So yeah man, you got great music!

The Netherlands is great (that doesn't sound right!).

Especially for a great many things which are illegal in most other countries ;)

:blink: