The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got good genes on his mother's side, and he doesn't chain smoke like Goldsmith did (although he has been known to enjoy a good cigar).

Williams better start training an Protégé if there are gonna be 3 more.

Lest we get a Zimmer Indy score

:blink: NO!!!!!!!!

:(

Lucas and Spielberg in hospital after Lucas' neck quirugy:

Spielberg: George Lucas can you hear me?

Lucas: Yes my friend. Where is Williams? Is he safe? Is he alright?

Spielberg: It seems in your lust for sequels and money...he died...

Lucas: No, it cant be, i felt him, he was alive! *ghack-arr-uff.*

Spielberg: (smiling) We'll have to use Zimmer instead.

Lucas: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(it would work better switching roles, but then Lucas has never said he likes zimmer...)

Embrace the hype people! Link

I love it!

Of course the Germans just *had* to have techno music playing in the background of the broadcast.

Listening to TPM:Expanded Edition just now, it struck me as what a good relationship JW and the LSO seem to have. They perform JW pieces like no other orchestra and have such a great sound to them.

Which leads me to wonder, will the LSO be the orchestra of choice for Indy IV?

Judging how a studio orchestra has been used in pretty much all of his recent scores, not to mention 'Last Crusade' if i'm not mistaken, how likely is it that this will be the case? I'm really hoping they'll shell out the cash because come on, it is supposedly the "last" Indy afterall.

Whatever orchestra they use, I hope they use different recording methods from ROTS. As much as I enjoy the score, there is a certain digital sterility (is that a word?) to it that I hope doesn't carry over to Indy.

JW's scores of late haven't been mixed very well. The Terminal and Prisoner of Azkaban are really the only mixing standouts.

Alas, it couldn't get much worse than Last Crusade though; that album quality is an abomination.

As far as I'm concerned the L.A. musicians are top notch so it really doesn't matter.

In fact the LSO sounded rather weak on the prequels, don't know if that had more to do with the recording or performance.

Lest we get a Zimmer Indy score

Why in God's name would you want that bucket of bolts??? We are talking about zimmer frames, right???

In fact the LSO sounded rather weak on the prequels, don't know if that had more to do with the recording or performance.

In the other hand CoS is better in that regard than PoA and specially PS.

But then, it was recorded by peter myles... not shawn murphy...

So, I guess all the people calling me crazy when I told them Indy 4 would reprise no less than 3 previous themes are now eating their fedoras?

So you're saying we won't have a hint of Marion's theme, Indy's march, or the Ark theme in a film that the official site blatantly hints will all feature in the film in some capacity or another?

As for the other 2 themes, if they insist on using them, I hope it will be just a cameo appearance. This isn't 1981, I rather have a wholly new Indiana Jones score then regurgitations of old themes fitting uncomfotably with the new ones like in ROTS.

Oh I wouldn't be suprised if we get a small glimpse of Marion's theme.

If Williams remembers he wrote one 26 years ago.....

Oh I wouldn't be suprised if we get a small glimpse of Marion's theme.

If Williams remembers he wrote one 26 years ago.....

Since he performs that theme at almost every concert he does, I'm sure he still remembers it...

She looks awesome! and that smile... oh boy! we can only hope it will live up to the hype..

whats the fun of it if you DON'T let yourself get hyped?! lol

I'm just playing... but I haven't seen any of the IJ films and seeing her got ME excited! lol She looks great too hehe

I haven't seen any of the IJ films....

:lol:

What have you been doing with your time man!?

Get thee to a blockbuster this weekend and watch all 3 in a row, I command you!

There's only a hype if you allow yourself to get caught up in it.

Which is what I always do

Get thee to a blockbuster this weekend and watch all 3 in a row, I command you!

That's exactly what I did after I saw the first picture of Harrison in full Indy costume some weeks ago! got them and sat and entire afternoon just watching the movies! oooooh and it was good!