The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have the HPPS 1st teaser trailer music on c.d.(the best ever version of Hedwig's theme IMO).

i also remember a hummed version of "the search for the blue fairie" in one of the A.I. connercials.

We don't have the HPPS 1st teaser trailer music on c.d.(the best ever version of Hedwig's theme IMO).

Isn't it the same as the statement when all the letters fly in through the fireplace? I know that's the only time it's in any of the scores, and yes it is spectacular.

i also remember a hummed version of "the search for the blue fairie" in one of the A.I. connercials.

That hummed version is on the original album.

Isn't it the same as the statement when all the letters fly in through the fireplace? I know that's the only time it's in any of the scores, and yes it is spectacular.

No,not exactly.Starts out like "letters through the fireplace",but where this cue quiets down ,the trailer has an extra rendition of Hedwigs Theme A section for full orchestra (very rare).There's also the brass flourishes from the end of "Hedwigs Theme" concert version but played more slowly.

I hope it's included in the soundtrack, kinda like Prolouge from Hook.

And "The 1960's: The Turbulent Years" on the Nixon album.

-Erik-

I havent seen the Nixon movie, is the imperial march-alike in the film itself?

I havent seen the Nixon movie, is the imperial march-alike in the film itself?

IIRC correctly, it's hinted at a couple of times, and used once full blast. The only specific times I recal it was in the film was very muted over the Main Titles, and in the (fantastic) 'Miami Convention' cue (Corresponding with the bombing of Cambodia).

Has Indy ever won an Oscar? For anything?

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Best Art Direction-Set Decoration

Norman Reynolds

Leslie Dilley

Michael Ford

Best Effects, Visual Effects

Richard Edlund

Kit West

Bruce Nicholson

Joe Johnston

Best Film Editing

Michael Kahn

Best Sound

Bill Varney

Steve Maslow

Gregg Landaker

Roy Charman

--> It should have also won Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor (crazy thing is Harrison Ford wasn't even nominated :music: )

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Best Effects, Visual Effects

Dennis Muren

Michael J. McAlister

Lorne Peterson

George Gibbs

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Best Effects, Sound Effects Editing

Ben Burtt

Richard Hymns

-Erik-

Ben Burtt and Richard Anderson won a Special Achievement Oscar for sound effects editing on Raiders.

Neil

According to this: http://www.spielbergfilms.com/indy4/1529 , Shia LaBoeuf may not be playing Indy's son, but his sidekick. I don't think it's true.

He has to be his son.After seeing Disturbia and Transformers,he looks and acts like a young Harrison ford a bit.

K.M.

Wait, you all actually want LeBeouf to be Indy's son now?

"Indiana Jones...I always knew you'd have a son. Something made it inevitable." :P

But seriously, I kind of expected it from a while back. I never really had much of a problem with it, as long as the execution doesn't suck--Marion (apparently) being the mother doesn't hurt, either. Also, Star Trek II had Kirk's son and that turned out to be a really good movie.

He has to be his son.After seeing Disturbia and Transformers,he looks and acts like a young Harrison ford a bit.

K.M.

What Lucas should do is go back to The Last Crusade and use CGI to replace River Phoenix with Shia LaBoeuf.

You must be dying waiting for those LEGOs, Romão! :)

Any news about the Monkey/Mêlée Island project (new pics?). Also, I always wondered if you ever did, or plan to do, something Indy-related.

When I was I child, and playing with LEGOs, I built something about Indy, although those specifically characters and set were available.

It's great that they're making the sets of the Trilogy too. :nod:

Maybe it's just me, but I think all of those 4 LEGO sets would look fantastic next to one's JW collection, specially since they all represent sequences that were magnificently scored.

Maybe it's just me, but I think all of those 4 LEGO sets would look fantastic next to one's JW collection, specially since they all represent sequences that were magnificently scored.

Indeed!

Burga - who only just took a closer look at the image

the mine car chase and bridge scene, im 100% sure they will be done sometime in the future.

If you notice this is just Raiders.

That shot in the upper left looks like the motorcycle chase from LC to me.

:) Stargate- David Arnold

I really don't mind the licensed products, specially most of them come from franchises I love, but at least they are still made of LEGO bricks. Bionicle is just crap.

I seriously hope that McFarlane, NECA or some other action figure maker get the rights to do something Indy related.

That plus Michael Jordan are the action figures that I want the most!